PDA

View Full Version : Short Term Prediction of the Bills

ghz in pittsburgh
09-09-2014, 08:52 AM
I don't know the Bills defense will play much better than they did in Chicago - some normal fluctuations because of playing at home, facing weaker opponents etc. Brown may get better but not in the next 3, 4 games.

On offense, however, I have big expectations for the O-Line. Marrone trots out the 5 best guys just before the season, so there will be some getting used to, especially in the kind of zone blocking scheme that the Bills run. Because 4 of the 5 are veterans, I have realistic expectations that they improve game by game. Also, the rapport of Manuel with new comers Watkins/Williams should improve a bit.

Longer term this season, I'm waiting for that game where the opposing defensive mastermind to break through Manuel's code. After that, we'll see the true color of Manuel where adjustments/counter adjustments are made. Of course Marrone and Co hope that the running game really takes off (more consistent 4, 5 yards than a 40 yard and nothing for 8 tries) while the defense dialing so much pressure for the opponents to worry about Manuel too much for this season.

Night Train
09-09-2014, 09:00 AM
As much as I hate Miami, they have improved and just pounded the ball last week. D played great. Outscored Pats 23-0 in the 2nd half.

This will be a close game.

casdhf
09-09-2014, 09:02 AM
The Bills will have one purpose: to bring a Stanley Cup to Buffalo. Wait ... what is the NFL trophy called?

Skooby
09-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Miami was at home as well, it's going to be a little noisier in the Ralph this weekend for several reasons.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-09-2014, 09:07 AM
The Bills will have one purpose: to bring a Stanley Cup to Buffalo. Wait ... what is the NFL trophy called?

The Lombardi Trophy

Buckets
09-09-2014, 09:19 AM
I don't know the Bills defense will play much better than they did in Chicago - some normal fluctuations because of playing at home, facing weaker opponents etc. Brown may get better but not in the next 3, 4 games.

On offense, however, I have big expectations for the O-Line. Marrone trots out the 5 best guys just before the season, so there will be some getting used to, especially in the kind of zone blocking scheme that the Bills run. Because 4 of the 5 are veterans, I have realistic expectations that they improve game by game. Also, the rapport of Manuel with new comers Watkins/Williams should improve a bit.

Longer term this season, I'm waiting for that game where the opposing defensive mastermind to break through Manuel's code. After that, we'll see the true color of Manuel where adjustments/counter adjustments are made. Of course Marrone and Co hope that the running game really takes off (more consistent 4, 5 yards than a 40 yard and nothing for 8 tries) while the defense dialing so much pressure for the opponents to worry about Manuel too much for this season.

As far as breaking EJ's code, that won't happen. I don't think he even knows what he's doing from one minute to the next.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-09-2014, 09:39 AM
As far as breaking EJ's code, that won't happen. I don't think he even knows what he's doing from one minute to the next.

Ha-ha. Unless you are set to never believe EJ, right now he looked more comfortable than he ever was last year. Will see someone to make him looks confusing from scheme viewpoint.

This week, Wake may make him physically uncomfortable though.