PDA

View Full Version : Here's the best reason about having Pegula as the new owner!

blackonyx89
09-09-2014, 09:46 AM
The reason is that the team will NEVER move out of Buffalo. Unlike Ralph Wilson (R.I.P.) who only had three daughters and his wife didn't want to take the burden of running the franchise, Pegula has five children, two of them being sons. So if anything happens to Terry in the future 10-20 years down the road, it's a pretty safe bet that one or both sons will take over the team and they will pass it on to the next generation.

Night Train
09-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Wonder if Kim is named as co-owner ? She wanted the team and is still in her 40's. That would cement things for many years.

Novacane
09-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Wonder if Kim is named as co-owner ? She wanted the team and is still in her 40's. That would cement things for many years.

Rapoport reported that Kim Pegula, Terry's wife, will be heavily involved in the executive process and the making many key decisions, according to the source.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000392032/article/buffalo-sabres-owner-reaches-agreement-to-buy-bills

Sounds like it's going to be her baby

Jry44
09-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Rapoport reported that Kim Pegula, Terry's wife, will be heavily involved in the executive process and the making many key decisions, according to the source.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000392032/article/buffalo-sabres-owner-reaches-agreement-to-buy-bills

Sounds like it's going to be her baby

Having a woman being this involved in owning an NFL franchise is an absolute dream scenario for the NFL right now...

blackonyx89
09-09-2014, 09:57 AM

That makes sense, she's part owner so if anything happens to T-Peg, she becomes the next owner ala the late St. Louis Rams owner Georgia Frontier. That would be the logical transition, I think.

Dude
09-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Why leave the daughters out of the equation?

Skooby
09-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Having a woman being this involved in owning an NFL franchise is an absolute dream scenario for the NFL right now...

Wow how true, timing.

blackonyx89
09-09-2014, 10:14 AM

We have no way of knowing if they're interested in future ownership or not, only time will tell.

Jan Reimers
09-09-2014, 10:23 AM

Because, There's no crying in football.

ICRockets
09-09-2014, 10:25 AM
This is by far the most sexist thread I've ever read.

chernobylwraiths
09-09-2014, 10:26 AM
That makes sense, she's part owner so if anything happens to T-Peg, she becomes the next owner ala the late St. Louis Rams owner Georgia Frontier. That would be the logical transition, I think.

Actually, she got that team as part of a divorce settlement.

- - - Updated - - -

Dick Vermeil?

Turf
09-09-2014, 10:44 AM
So she runs the Bills and he gets the Sabres. Either way its a win win for Buffalo.

Dude
09-09-2014, 11:24 AM
We have no way of knowing if they're interested in future ownership or not, only time will tell.You have no way of knowing if his sons are interested.

blackonyx89
09-09-2014, 11:29 AM
You have no way of knowing if his sons are interested.

This is true Dude and only time will tell with that as well. But the odds of a having the team going into the hands of the wife or any of the Pegula "children" in the future is practically guaranteed and they will stay for a very long time.

trapezeus
09-09-2014, 11:41 AM
his eldest daughter is a huge sabres fan and she's a ranked tennis player. i think she might just be interested in the bills/sabres as much as any guy.

swiper
09-09-2014, 11:51 AM
"Maybe Sammy Watkins will be the Superstar for the Bills like I was for the Sabres when Pegula brought me to Buffalo to fix things"

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nhl/players/full/3945.png&w=350&h=254

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo Sabres (http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/teams/page/BUF/buffalo-sabres) owner Terry Pegula's objective to build a Stanley Cup contender remains the same. It's his three-year timeline that's proving unrealistic.

With Buffalo in jeopardy of missing the playoffs for a second straight year, Pegula said Saturday it's unclear how long it might take to rebuild the Sabres.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/22065572/owner-pegula-scales-back-sabres-title-expectations

swiper
09-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Hey Terry. Congratulations. And thanks for putting out the worst version of the Buffalo Sabres in club history last year. Appreciate that. You going to do that for the Bills too?

swiper
09-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Hey Terry. You going to bring this to Buffalo too?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U01EK76Sy4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

WagonCircler
09-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Hey Terry. You going to bring this to Buffalo too?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U01EK76Sy4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-article/2011/08/01/gasland-producer-misled-viewers-lighted-tap-water

McAleer was in Chicago when he decided to see a local showing of Gasland. After viewing the movie, his journalistic instincts took over and he started asking questions about what he had seen in the movie. McAleer came across a 1976 study by the Colorado Division of Water that had interesting implications.

“I checked online, and very quickly I came across what seemed to be pretty good, detailed research that showed people were able to burn their tap water years before fracking ever started,” McAleer says.

But hey, why let the truth get in the way of good propaganda, right?

I hear there's a Bon Jovi retrospective on VH-1 that you're missing. Run along.

Buckets
09-09-2014, 01:49 PM

I have cried watching many Bills games.

swiper
09-09-2014, 01:55 PM
http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-article/2011/08/01/gasland-producer-misled-viewers-lighted-tap-water

McAleer was in Chicago when he decided to see a local showing of Gasland. After viewing the movie, his journalistic instincts took over and he started asking questions about what he had seen in the movie. McAleer came across a 1976 study by the Colorado Division of Water that had interesting implications.

“I checked online, and very quickly I came across what seemed to be pretty good, detailed research that showed people were able to burn their tap water years before fracking ever started,” McAleer says.

You have become...

better days.

ParanoidAndroid
09-09-2014, 02:02 PM

That is a biased website and the fact remains that fracking does cause natural gas seepage into the water table. Sometimes, when you dig a well for water, you hit a bit of CH4, but it was very rare in most places.. Just because it happened in other situations or that it is common somewhere, does not mean it is not a problem magnified by the fracking process. It destabilizes the local geology. I say it can be done, but do it sparingly and in places where seepage is less likely. Is that too much to ask?

Thank you, Terry and Kim!

WagonCircler
09-09-2014, 02:18 PM
That is a biased website and the fact remains that fracking does cause natural gas seepage into the water table. Sometimes, when you dig a well for water, you hit a bit of CH4, but it was very rare in most places.. Just because it happened in other situations or that it is common somewhere, does not mean it is not a problem magnified by the fracking process. It destabilizes the local geology. I say it can be done, but do it sparingly and in places where seepage is less likely. Is that too much to ask?

Thank you, Terry and Kim!

None of what you say is established scientific fact. There's far more basis for the argument that hydraulic fracturing is safe than the carny tricks like those put forth in this extremely biased docu-fiction-mentary.

The upside is energy independence from Middle Eastern scumbags (like those worshipped by leftists like mik and spiked and coastal).

And as an added bonus, we get to keep our football team.

Thank you Terry, indeed.

Albany,n.y.
09-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Actually, she got that team as part of a divorce settlement.

- - - Updated - - -

Dick Vermeil?
Nope, she got the team when Carroll Rosenbloom drowned.
After Rosenbloom's death, his second wife, Georgia Frontiere, inherited a 70% ownership stake in the Los Angeles Rams. Rosenbloom's five children inherited the other 30%.[17][18]

Frontiere's inheritance came as a surprise to many fans (though not to close friends and family)[17] who thought Steve Rosenbloom, the former owner's son from a previous marriage and the Rams' vice-president, would take a leadership role in the team's management. It was not a surprise to close friends and family because Rosenbloom was trying to take advantage of the widow's tax exemption. There was a draft of Rosenbloom's will was also to be changed so the team would be left to his son Steve, however, it was never executed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Rosenbloom

swiper
09-09-2014, 06:25 PM
None of what you say is established scientific fact. There's far more basis for the argument that hydraulic fracturing is safe than the carny tricks like those put forth in this extremely biased docu-fiction-mentary.

The upside is energy independence from Middle Eastern scumbags (like those worshipped by leftists like mik and spiked and coastal).

Thank you Terry, indeed.

Let's frack on your property and see how you like it.

Yasgur's Farm
09-09-2014, 06:35 PM
I happen to agree with swiper on this subject... There's much more to consider than how "safe" it is... Like 2 years of heavy truck traffic while bringing in equipment and water, and hauling away contaminated water. Like increasing my little town's population by 400% with carnival like workers for 2 years. Ask some of those down on their luck land owners in PA.

But I forgive Terry Pegula.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Hey Terry. Congratulations. And thanks for putting out the worst version of the Buffalo Sabres in club history last year. Appreciate that. You going to do that for the Bills too?

There's some tears in your beers.

swiper
09-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Only a couple

ParanoidAndroid
09-09-2014, 09:33 PM

Thank you Terry, indeed.

I don't care about the documentary. This is one study that supports exactly what I said. https://nicholas.duke.edu/cgc/pnas2011.pdf

And then there's the other pollutants. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-fracking-wastewater-wells-poisoning-ground-beneath-our-feeth/

Night Train
09-10-2014, 05:29 AM
:rofl:

That's false, since several posters here break that rule every day.

swiper
09-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Whining about whiners. :rofl:

better days
09-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Let's frack on your property and see how you like it.

People like Pegula OWN the property they frack on.

I would not mind fracking on property I own as long as I PROFIT from it.

better days
09-10-2014, 07:02 AM
I don't care about the documentary. This is one study that supports exactly what I said. https://nicholas.duke.edu/cgc/pnas2011.pdf

And then there's the other pollutants. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-fracking-wastewater-wells-poisoning-ground-beneath-our-feeth/

There are only three forms of energy that offer no pollutants, water power, sun power & wind power.

coastal
09-10-2014, 07:28 AM

Thank you Terry, indeed.
Cuomo and NYS currently have a moratorium on fracking licensure because it's safe.

sure thing.

http://www.syracuse.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/08/as_nys_fair_celebrates_agriculture_organic_farmers_urge_cuomo_to_ban_fracking_co.html

swiper
09-10-2014, 08:48 AM
The loophead fans that were so panicked about losing their football team are now advocates of one of the most dangerous methods of harvesting fuel there is. Now their savior has bought their team and promised to keep it in Buffalo so he can get away with anything. If only Occidental could have pulled this off during the Love Canal years.

WagonCircler
09-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Cuomo and NYS currently have a moratorium on fracking licensure because it's safe.

sure thing.

http://www.syracuse.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/08/as_nys_fair_celebrates_agriculture_organic_farmers_urge_cuomo_to_ban_fracking_co.html

Yeah, because Cuomo's a paragon of virtue.

Leave it to you to love a scumbag.

SpikedLemonade
09-10-2014, 08:59 AM
The loophead fans that were so panicked about losing their football team are now advocates of one of the most dangerous methods of harvesting fuel there is. Now their savior has bought their team and promised to keep it in Buffalo so he can get away with anything. If only Occidental could have pulled this off during the Love Canal years.

Pretty much the history of Buffalo area to benefit in the short-term by an industry that rapes the environment in the long-term.

coastal
09-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Yeah, because Cuomo's a paragon of virtue.

Leave it to you to love a scumbag.
Here's a whole list of scumbags... just like him!

http://keeptapwatersafe.org/global-bans-on-fracking/

its not even sport batting you around. it's more like a carnival game and I'm the big winner!

k-oneputt
09-10-2014, 09:02 AM
I really don't care how or where TP got his money. I'm just glad he invested in the Bills and saved this team for Buffalo.

coastal
09-10-2014, 09:03 AM
I really don't care how or where TP got his money.
Not even when he comes asking you for tax money to pay for his new stadium?

k-oneputt
09-10-2014, 09:05 AM

Gladly pay some more to keep the Bills and a new stadium.

Most of it is already wasted as it is.

SpikedLemonade
09-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Here's a whole list of scumbags... just like him!

http://keeptapwatersafe.org/global-bans-on-fracking/

its not even sport batting you around. it's more like a carnival game and I'm the big winner!

Whack an A-hole?

justasportsfan
09-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Didn't know til' yesterday that Kim Pegula is from Fairport where I live. A stones throw away from St. John Fisher. So the bills will stay in Buffalo and camp will stay in Rochacha.

Albany,n.y.
09-10-2014, 09:45 AM

With the exception of this season, because we have no #1 pick, if you're not a playoff team it is better to be the worst team in the league than the 10th worst. Just ask Indy fans if they minded the 2 years of being worst that got them Manning & Luck that got them 2-3 decades of winning football. If a team is in rebuild mode, it's better to hit rock bottom one season than be a bottom 1/3 dweller for 14 straight years.
That said, let's hope the rebuild is over & we can field a championship contender this year. It will sure help Marrone & Whaley keep their jobs. In fact, it might be the only way they do.

- - - Updated - - -

coastal
09-10-2014, 09:45 AM

Whack an A-hole?
Trademark that!

chernobylwraiths
09-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Nope, she got the team when Carroll Rosenbloom drowned.
After Rosenbloom's death, his second wife, Georgia Frontiere, inherited a 70% ownership stake in the Los Angeles Rams. Rosenbloom's five children inherited the other 30%.[17][18]

Frontiere's inheritance came as a surprise to many fans (though not to close friends and family)[17] who thought Steve Rosenbloom, the former owner's son from a previous marriage and the Rams' vice-president, would take a leadership role in the team's management. It was not a surprise to close friends and family because Rosenbloom was trying to take advantage of the widow's tax exemption. There was a draft of Rosenbloom's will was also to be changed so the team would be left to his son Steve, however, it was never executed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Rosenbloom

damn, more urban legends.

Sorry, thanks for the info.

better days
09-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Trademark that!

Who do you think he is, Johnny Cleveland?

mercyrule
09-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Fracking causes earthquakes

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Pretty much the history of Buffalo area to benefit in the short-term by an industry that rapes the environment in the long-term.

I have an idea. Let's turn half the coast into a brownfield. Oh, wait....