PDA

View Full Version : Next up: Pegulas need NFL approval

Fletch
09-09-2014, 09:53 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11493438/terry-kim-pegula-tentatively-approved-buy-buffalo-bills

Let's hope this finalizes at the owner's meeting in October. Then we can get on to the business of correcting decades worth of performance issues.

Fletch
09-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Another one;

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2014/09/09/terry-pegula-to-buy-buffalo-bills-for-1-1-billion-sources/

Novacane
09-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Slam dunk

WagonCircler
09-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Hahahaha. You're a bad joke.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/02/a-japanese-soldier-who-continued-fighting-wwii-29-years-after-the-japanese-surrendered-because-he-didnt-know/

...Japanese soldier who continued fighting World War II a full 29 years after the Japanese surrendered, because he didn’t know the war was over....

Jry44
09-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Thanks to Ray Rice going sugar ray on his wife, approving a very involved female owner is about as much of a slam dunk as an actual slam dunk. The NFL needs this right now.

Turf
09-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks to Ray Rice going sugar ray on his wife, approving a very involved female owner is about as much of a slam dunk as an actual slam dunk. The NFL needs this right now.
Agreed

Fletch
09-09-2014, 10:22 AM

So is that how they do this then?

In that ESPN article it says what's been said before.

Under NFL ownership rules, the Pegulas are allowed to own both the Bills and the Sabres because they are located in the same market.

They write "the Pegulas." Can they be separated for purposes of ownership like that?

I'm just wondering if the Sabres need to be sold first and if so whether a good-faith promise to do so would hinder the approval or not.

It seems to sound as if Terry can own the Sabres while Kim owns the Bills.

Is that correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Why would it not be a slam dunk otherwise?

Meathead
09-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Let's hope this finalizes at the owner's meeting in October. Then we can get on to the business of correcting decades worth of performance issues.

no pressure, terry

Novacane
09-09-2014, 10:29 AM

They write "the Pegulas." Can they be separated for purposes of ownership like that?

I'm just wondering if the Sabres need to be sold first and if so whether a good-faith promise to do so would hinder the approval or not.

Is that correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Grasping.........AT...........Straws. The Bills are Pegulas. Toronto ain't getting them. All hope is lost. First step to recovery is to get past your denial

Bulldog
09-09-2014, 10:32 AM

Is that correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Why would they need to sell the Sabres? Did you not read the quote you posted?

Fletch
09-09-2014, 10:35 AM

Thanks!

I thought it read cannot. Had me concerned. I'll edit it.

WagonCircler
09-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks!

I thought it read cannot. Had me concerned. I'll edit it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riiiiiiight.

Fletch
09-09-2014, 10:38 AM

I think I glanced over it because it didn't seem as if they'd mention it if wasn't an issue. Not sure why it was even brought up in the piece.

Anyway, like I said, I was initially concerned. That's evaporated. Again, thanks for the correction!

WagonCircler
09-09-2014, 10:39 AM
I think I glanced over it because it didn't seem as if they'd mention it if wasn't an issue. Not sure why it was even brought up in the piece.

Anyway, like I said, I was initially concerned. That's evaporated. Again, thanks for the correction!

Reading through tears probably didn't help.

Fletch
09-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Reading through tears probably didn't help.

Says one of the people with **** for brains.

Dr. Who
09-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Says one of the people with **** for brains.

Yeah, but he's funny -- and you're not.

He was right about Pegula and the Bills staying in Buffalo -- and you weren't.

Have a nice life being bitter and thinking everyone but you is an idiot.

Yasgur's Farm
09-09-2014, 10:47 AM
I could imagine that the Pegula's have have a trust set up where they are both equal share trustees. It simply makes it easier for the other to transition when one becomes incapacitated for one reason or another.

Fletch
09-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Yeah, but he's funny -- and you're not.

He was right about Pegula and the Bills staying in Buffalo -- and you weren't.

Have a nice life being bitter and thinking everyone but you is an idiot.

I never insisted that the Bills wouldn't stay in Buffalo, certainly not for the short-term.

As unfortunate as it may be, there are still hurdles that need to be crossed to keep the team here long-term, even under Pegula.

- - - Updated - - -

I could imagine that the Pegula's have have a trust set up where they are both equal share trustees. It simply makes it easier for the other to transition when one becomes incapacitated for one reason or another.

That makes perfect sense.

Dr. Who
09-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Pegula will get a stadium built.

Fletch
09-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Pegula will get a stadium built.

You'd have to think so.

I'm still not sold on a downtown stadium, seems like the weather can only be worse right on the lake and that the tailgating opportunities diminish significantly.

WagonCircler
09-09-2014, 11:14 AM
there are still hurdles that need to be crossed to keep the team here long-term, even under Pegula..

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/iXKZicmIwiM/maxresdefault.jpg.[/QUOTE]

mercyrule
09-11-2014, 06:07 PM
You people are so crazy if you think Kim Pegula is going to run this team.

stuckincincy
09-12-2014, 02:59 AM
He might have to divest the player agency he purchased a few years back...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2014/09/09/terry-pegula-should-have-to-sell-sports-agency-to-buy-the-bills/

YardRat
09-12-2014, 05:00 AM

She's going to show Terry how to build a winner.

http://www.ekaterinawalter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/371px-woman-power_emblemsvg.png

YardRat
09-12-2014, 05:02 AM
As unfortunate as it may be, there are still hurdles that need to be crossed to keep the team here long-term, even under Pegula.

OMG...WHAT A ****ING CIRCUS !1!1!!

Fletch
09-12-2014, 06:23 AM
The stadium issue is secondary to me anyway.

I want to know what he's (or she's, or they) are doing with the front office and personnel staff.

I don't care if they put in a full bells and whistles stadium that generates more money than douche bag Jerry Jones' stadium or whether they rebuild the Rockpile just like it used to be.

If they can't put a ****ing team on the field that is capable of competing like the '90s Bills at some point then they can be the first team to play on Mars for all I care, but it won't matter.

mercyrule
09-12-2014, 10:09 AM
She's going to show Terry how to build a winner.Wishful thinking

justasportsfan
09-12-2014, 10:29 AM

I heard she plans to put tassels on the uniforms.