PDA

View Full Version : Ready for Dolphins 5-2 Defense

ghz in pittsburgh
09-09-2014, 10:09 AM
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/08/dolphins-dominated-patriots-with-parade-backups/AeBLEQAORhbYBWgi2vTccI/story.html

A big praise from the Boston media on Miami's 5 D linemen dominating the Pats. With the Dolphins LB injuries, I see them carrying the 5-2 scheme to Buffalo this Sunday.

If the Bills O-Line can withstand their F-Line, there will be no contest. But I can't imagine Marrone will go just 5 against 5. Also I don't like any of our TEs being lined up against Wake, something Miami certainly will explore to get that match.

Dareus played the most in Bears game among D line and he's going to face Satele who dominated Wilfork to spring Miami's running game. Will need to see if the run defense is indeed a strength of this team or not.

FinNasty23
09-09-2014, 12:17 PM
We don't run a 5-2 and never have. It's a combo of a 4-3 Under and a 3-4... with both formations utilizing 3 DTs, and either Wake, Vernon, or both playing OLB...

swiper
09-09-2014, 12:19 PM
They are lucky they got Regis Philbin to coach their team.

ticatfan
09-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Here comes Cameron , former CFL standout.

Scumbag College
09-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Hopefully Lee Smith can get back. He's the best blocking TE the Bills have and will be helpful chipping and staying in to block Miami's good OLB/DEs.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-09-2014, 01:22 PM
We don't run a 5-2 and never have. It's a combo of a 4-3 Under and a 3-4... with both formations utilizing 3 DTs, and either Wake, Vernon, or both playing OLB...

My football buddy told me you are right. It's more of a 3-4 variation, always 3 DTs. According to him, it's deadly against run in truest form. However, Miami used it in 2 DEs form (hands on the ground) to put much pressure on Brady. Wake got matched up to TE several times and got sack strip on Brady twice.

trapezeus
09-09-2014, 01:34 PM
bills passing game on short routes need to be the right reads and need to be delivered fast. also a little play action for over pursuit would be good.

the bills blocking at time was really awful on sunday. it will need to be better.

jimmifli
09-09-2014, 01:54 PM
bills passing game on short routes need to be the right reads and need to be delivered fast. also a little play action for over pursuit would be good.

the bills blocking at time was really awful on sunday. it will need to be better.
They seemed capable of making a pocket and holding it. Nobody can pull worth a damn. So outside runs and screens are a cluster ****.

I think we averaged like 8 ypc between the tackles though, so maybe we can run on them.

sudzy
09-09-2014, 03:26 PM
It's up to Hackett to come up with a gameplan to beat it.... WE'RE SCREWED!!

better days
09-09-2014, 03:32 PM

Well, I might have agreed if I didn't watch the Bears game.

I have been one of Hacketts biggest critics, but he said he was holding back for the regular season & he wasn't lying about the first game at least.

We will see if he can keep it up, but analysts were commenting on what a good game he called against the Bears.

better days
09-09-2014, 03:34 PM
The Pats* losing Logan Mankins looks like it hurt that team.

I bet Brady is pissed.

trapezeus
09-09-2014, 03:39 PM
The Pats* losing Logan Mankins looks like it hurt that team.

I bet Brady is pissed.

doubt it. they routinely underpay brady for his credentials under the guise of getting more people and tools for him. they then cut them, pick up scraps and then go through a couople tough games. just when we all hope they are done, they start winning like they've never won before.

hello cheating and the wonders it can do for the W/L record. Last year should have really been the most eye openning account of how much they are cheating. no defense, no WRs, and yet they still just won.

I hate them. but i also know they'll never go away because the cheating is sanctioned.

better days
09-09-2014, 03:43 PM
doubt it. they routinely underpay brady for his credentials under the guise of getting more people and tools for him. they then cut them, pick up scraps and then go through a couople tough games. just when we all hope they are done, they start winning like they've never won before.

hello cheating and the wonders it can do for the W/L record. Last year should have really been the most eye openning account of how much they are cheating. no defense, no WRs, and yet they still just won.

I hate them. but i also know they'll never go away because the cheating is sanctioned.

The Pats* may still win the AFC East, but if you watched the Fins- Pats* game, you would have seen Brady get pummeled.

I think Brady is in for a long year win or lose.

FinNasty23
09-09-2014, 04:31 PM
My football buddy told me you are right. It's more of a 3-4 variation, always 3 DTs. According to him, it's deadly against run in truest form. However, Miami used it in 2 DEs form (hands on the ground) to put much pressure on Brady. Wake got matched up to TE several times and got sack strip on Brady twice.

Ya, we have an idiot local beat writer, Omar Kelly, who literally knows nothing about the X's and O's... but thinks he's some kind of all knowing genius when it comes to football schemes. He one time thought a 3-technique DT meant that the DT was responsible for 3 gaps, lol. He's a moron.

Anyway... he's the one who started this 5-2 nonsense... b/c he saw Wake, Starks, Mitchell, Odrick, and Vernon on the field at the same time at the LOS... and he's like "OMG!!!1!1!! A 5-2!!1!!!!"

Doesnt pay attention though at all to how their used, or who's hand is in the ground vs standing, etc. There's no way he has a clue what a 4-3 Under is... and the majority was that. But we did have both Wake and Vernon standing as well in a 1-gap 3-4 look...

YardRat
09-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Run up the gut...I hope Hackett buries the dumbass skinny sweeps with Spiller, otherwise he probably average negatives yards per carry. Going to have to hit some quick slants early to back them off, hopefully this is a prime opportunity for Watkins or Woods to break a long one.

FinNasty23
09-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Run up the gut...I hope Hackett buries the dumbass skinny sweeps with Spiller, otherwise he probably average negatives yards per carry. Going to have to hit some quick slants early to back them off, hopefully this is a prime opportunity for Watkins or Woods to break a long one.

Our front 7 alignment doesn't impact our coverages in our secondary...

YardRat
09-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Our front 7 alignment doesn't impact our coverages in our secondary...

If Buffalo hits some quick slants early, successfully, than the edge guys are going to have to back off at times to plug the throwing lanes.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2014, 09:13 PM

Hackett is pure garbage. He will be the downfall of the team.

jamze132
09-10-2014, 04:09 AM
Hackett's problem is that he tries to be the smartest person in the stadium. He relies on trickery too much. You know it's bad when sitting in a sports bar watching the game you can forecast what's coming. Way too predictable.

FinNasty23
09-10-2014, 05:15 AM
If Buffalo hits some quick slants early, successfully, than the edge guys are going to have to back off at times to plug the throwing lanes.

They already do. Like I said, we don't actually run a 5-2... it's a 4-3 Under or a 3-4. Typically 1 of Vernon/Wake is dropping... as both are very capable OLBs...

stuckincincy
09-10-2014, 05:26 AM
This is hard to believe:

..."The last time the Bills and Dolphins went into a game against each other where both teams had a winning record was in December -- of 2000."...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24702350/nfl-week-2-picks-steelers-over-ravens-colts-beat-eagles

:shocked: