PDA

View Full Version : REVENGE game for the Fins

Miami_Vice
09-09-2014, 07:57 PM
First off I just want to say congrats on the new ownership. Glad the bills are staying in buffalo. Also kudos to Jim Kelly on beating cancer's ass!

Now lets get down to the game on Sunday...You guys swept our ass last season and kept us out of the playoffs (kudos to you guys). But this year I think it'll be different. We have a superior OC and Knowshon Moreno, who ran all over the Pats. And despite turning the ball over 3 times to the Pats, we still came out on top. I think the Fins are a lot tougher this year and overall are a better team. I was impressed with EJ's leadership for week one. Here's hoping (for the Fin fans sake) that our d line gets to him early and often. FTR, I don't think we'll run as good this week against you guys. YOur D is no joke and probably better than the Pats.

should be a good game in Buffalo and I bet you guys are pumped for the game since you're 1-0 and its your home opener. Can't wait!

YardRat
09-09-2014, 08:03 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how Buffalo responds to a big win. Can they sustain momentum, or will they come out flat? It's a young team, and youth generally needs to learn that lesson the hard way. Moreno could end up being a handful, stopping him is definitely the defense's #1 priority. Offensively they need to run between the tackles and hit some quick slants. Hopefully the refs in this game are much better than last week.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope the running game and underneath stuff opens up a few deep shots, and EJ takes them.

Beebe
09-09-2014, 08:04 PM
You know Nickell Robey can't wait for this game, off the edge. It should be a good game.

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Miami is going DOWN Gary.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Also its past time to change the 'you mad' icon because based on lebron going back home I'm sure 'you mad!' Lol.

But anyway f*** Satan's army (patriots) and hope our two teams become relevant again soon like in the 80s and 90s

The King
09-09-2014, 08:20 PM
You know Nickell Robey can't wait for this game, off the edge. It should be a good game.

I'll be wearing my Robey jersey on SUnday.

Miami_Vice
09-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Also its past time to change the 'you mad' icon because based on lebron going back home I'm sure 'you mad!' Lol.

But anyway f*** Satan's army (patriots) and hope our two teams become relevant again soon like in the 80s and 90s

Ha touche! Yeah if I can figure out how to change my sig I would haha.

And I agree that its great seeing the Pats in last place!

Topas
09-10-2014, 01:59 AM
I agree that Miami is a scary good team and they should be a handful.
That being said. This is our week and we kick your ass!!!

BillsOverDolphins
09-10-2014, 02:49 AM
That's a zesty avatar

swiper
09-10-2014, 04:35 AM
Going to be a good game.

better days
09-10-2014, 07:17 AM
As I watched the Fins- Pats* game in disbelief last Sunday, I kept asking myself, are the Fins this good or are the Pats* this terrible?

Probably a little of each, but I hope the Fins winning had more to do with the Pats* being terrible than the Fins being GOOD.

trapezeus
09-10-2014, 07:26 AM
bills will need answers for the front 4 of Miami. and maybe the best answer is to run right at them. i fear if they ask for pass blocking to get better to make passing a priority it 1, puts too much pressure on EJ and 2, won't form great pockets which will lead to dinks and inaccurate passes. that in turn might turn a fired up crowd into boo birds.

better days
09-10-2014, 07:41 AM
bills will need answers for the front 4 of Miami. and maybe the best answer is to run right at them. i fear if they ask for pass blocking to get better to make passing a priority it 1, puts too much pressure on EJ and 2, won't form great pockets which will lead to dinks and inaccurate passes. that in turn might turn a fired up crowd into boo birds.

The Bills had answers for Miami's front four twice last year.

The Fins lost DT Paul Soliai this off season, if anything that weakened their DL.

imbondz
09-10-2014, 07:48 AM
I don't see this as a revenge game for the Dolphins at all. but every game for us is a revenge game for the past 13 years.

Mike13
09-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Its going to be a good barometer for how for OL really has improved. We did not match up well with the Bills because of our OL.

Albert is a beast and worth every penny so far.
Juwan James has held his own as well.
Satele is a pleasant suprise in being our back up Center.
I still have some doubts about our guards.

better days
09-10-2014, 08:31 AM
Its going to be a good barometer for how for OL really has improved. We did not match up well with the Bills because of our OL.

Albert is a beast and worth every penny so far.
Juwan James has held his own as well.
Satele is a pleasant suprise in being our back up Center.
I still have some doubts about our guards.

I agree Mike, the Bills DL VS the Fins OL is a key match up.

I thought with an entirely new OL, their would be problems at first for Miami, but Marrone said players having familiarity with each other was overblown.

If the Fins OL can handle the Bills DL, they can play against any DL in the NFL.

But I feel sorry for you guys coming into Buffalo this Sunday. Bad timing for you, the Ralph is going to be CRAZY & Tannehill will not be able to hear a thing.

mysticsoto
09-10-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm looking forward to see how our Defense handles the 5-2 formation that Miami caught NE by surprise with. We have more time to prepare against it which will help us a great deal more.

Mike13
09-10-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm looking forward to see how our Defense handles the 5-2 formation that Miami caught NE by surprise with. We have more time to prepare against it which will help us a great deal more.

I am more interested in seeing how Bill Lazor calls this game. I liked that he wasn't afraid to go at Revis with Mike Wallace and Wallace won that battle.
He called a good game against the Pats, he saw their weaknesses and attacked.

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Miami is going DOWN Gary.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FinNasty23
09-10-2014, 11:42 AM
The Bills had answers for Miami's front four twice last year.

The Fins lost DT Paul Soliai this off season, if anything that weakened their DL.

But we gained Mitchell. Soliai was a 2 down player with no real pass rush ability. Mitchell is much more disruptive. Soliai is a better 2-gap NT to eat up blocks... but Mitchell is a better 1gap penetrating NT. He was our best DT on Sunday against the Pats...

better days
09-10-2014, 11:53 AM
But we gained Mitchell. Soliai was a 2 down player with no real pass rush ability. Mitchell is much more disruptive. Soliai is a better 2-gap NT to eat up blocks... but Mitchell is a better 1gap penetrating NT. He was our best DT on Sunday against the Pats...

You may have gained a little with Mitchell in Pass defense, but I think the Fins Run defense is much weaker without Soliai.

And guess what, the Bills run the ball..........a lot.

stuckincincy
09-10-2014, 12:06 PM
You may have gained a little with Mitchell in Pass defense, but I think the Fins Run defense is much weaker without Soliai.

The Bills do run a lot. I suppose that's because of their qb situation through the years. Manual had 6 carries last week, too - likely not by design.

I don't think folks are prepared to praise the BUF OL, but recent history is dotted with Spiller or Jackson squirting out and going for long gains. Were I calling the defense for MIA, I'd forget loading up the line, and concentrate on run containment using a straight 4 -3 alignment, figuring that Manuel is not going to beat me with his passes.

Mike13
09-10-2014, 12:26 PM

Fair point, Spiller and Jackson do worry me.

trapezeus
09-10-2014, 12:35 PM
if the Dolphins DL got worse, i didn't notice. their second half performance vs the pats was down right dominating. unless the bills have some short passes that pick players and opens the field for longer gains, the bills need an offensive attack that keeps the front 4 from t-ing off on manuel and the run.

this is where hackett has to prove he has a diverse playbook, knows when to use it and how to artifically get manual time. if he doesn't do it, it's going to be a lot of 3 and outs.

also, bills have a wild crowd scheduled for arrival between 9am-1pm. if the defense can get 3 turnovers to keep the crowd into it, that should be a big advantage to the offense.

mysticsoto
09-10-2014, 12:42 PM
The Bills do run a lot. I suppose that's because of their qb situation through the years. Manual had 6 carries last week, too - likely not by design.

I don't think folks are prepared to praise the BUF OL, but recent history is dotted with Spiller or Jackson squirting out and going for long gains. Were I calling the defense for MIA, I'd forget loading up the line, and concentrate on run containment using a straight 4 -3 alignment, figuring that Manuel is not going to beat me with his passes.

Miami is having LB issues and will likely play a 5-2 again against us - especially since they had success with it against NE. I don't think they'll have the same success against us though...

stuckincincy
09-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Miami is having LB issues and will likely play a 5-2 again against us - especially since they had success with it against NE. I don't think they'll have the same success against us though...

Dunno. BUF isn't exactly dripping with top-notch LBs either.

Just a guess, since I know nothing about betting - but I think the action on this game will be small.

Who do you pick? BUF that got a pop-through run in OT to kick a winning FG? A MIA club that was on the carpet against NE but came back?

Beats me...

Forward_Lateral
09-10-2014, 01:06 PM

If they run a 5-2 against the Bills, it won't be for very long, IMO.

better days
09-10-2014, 01:48 PM

The TD that EJ scored on the ground was absolutely by design, I think one or two more runs by EJ were as well.

better days
09-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Dunno. BUF isn't exactly dripping with top-notch LBs either.

Just a guess, since I know nothing about betting - but I think the action on this game will be small.

Who do you pick? BUF that got a pop-through run in OT to kick a winning FG? A MIA club that was on the carpet against NE but came back?

Beats me...

Disagree, Spikes played GREAT against the Bears, Bradham is back for this game & Rivers is a better player than people gave him credit for when he was signed.

The King
09-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Anyone notice what the Pats were missing last Sunday? An ILB who can stop the run. Too bad we don't have one of those guys… that would help this week. :snicker:

Miami_Vice
09-10-2014, 02:06 PM
man its gonna be a crazy Sunday. wish i could be there but I am stuck in Arizona

stuckincincy
09-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Disagree, Spikes played GREAT against the Bears, Bradham is back for this game & Rivers is a better player than people gave him credit for when he was signed.

Perhaps. BUF ran Spikes as a stand-up 5th DL - which he is well-suited for. They did it all the pre season. Bradham - we will see.

Rivers - he was a dumb first pick by CIN in 2008, got dumped in 2011 because he was lousy, spent time as a back-up with NYG, now lands in BUF.

The Bears' OC was beyond idiotic in not continuing to run Forte. Spikes is as advertised - a one trick player. That's OK, but no way does he play a MLB's role - backing up the line, rushing to sidelines, having the head's up sense to cover a flare or back off to hit a runner and stop him after an OL does a good job. Good gosh, folks drove the likes of Fletcher and Poz out of town because they never understood what a good MLB does. *****ed at them because they made stops 5 yards past the LOS...

You have made intimations several times about the NE defense, yet never answered questions to you, as to why they let such a stellar player like Spikes walk.

better days
09-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Perhaps. BUF ran Spikes as a stand-up 5th DL - which he is well-suited for. They did it all the pre season. Bradham - we will see.

Rivers - he was a dumb first pick by CIN in 2008, got dumped in 2011 because he was lousy, spent time as a back-up with NYG, now lands in BUF.

The Bears' OC was beyond idiotic in not continuing to run Forte. Spikes is as advertised - a one trick player. That's OK, but no way does he play a MLB's role - backing up the line, rushing to sidelines, having the head's up sense to cover a flare or back off to hit a runner and stop him after an OL does a good job. Good gosh, folks drove the likes of Fletcher and Poz out of town because they never understood what a good MLB does. *****ed at them because they made stops 5 yards past the LOS...

You have made intimations several times about the NE defense, yet never answered questions to you, as to why they let such a stellar player like Spikes walk.

As usual, you probably did not watch the Bears- Bills game.

Spikes had a great game, was all over the field & blitzed 8 times in the game putting a lot of pressure on Cutler which led to INT's.

stuckincincy
09-10-2014, 02:35 PM
As usual, you probably did not watch the Bears- Bills game.

Spikes had a great game, was all over the field & blitzed 8 times in the game putting a lot of pressure on Cutler which led to INT's.

Good for him. I'd love to be an OC reviewing film and rubbing my paws over watching that a DC that chose to not only situate his MLB close to the line, but then proceeded to have same blitz 8 times.

better days
09-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Good for him.

Care to tell us why NE dumped such a stellar player?

You should already know why!

Spikes & Belicheck do not get along!

Spikes is his own man which is fine with Marrone.

stuckincincy
09-10-2014, 02:42 PM
You jumped my edit.

The Jokeman
09-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Games like this our must wins for a team like the Bills if they want to turn the corner from being a playoff pretender to a playoff contender. As it's a home game against a team in our division, losing it is doubly or even triple crippling (when looking at as a Conference game) if we lose. I like our chances but won't count the Dolphins out either.

Mace
09-10-2014, 05:01 PM

I think you failed to notice we gained Colton Schmidt, not even closed to peaking yet. Miami can stop us, and we we will punt, pal. Later we can punt some more if we have to. Good punts take the sails right out of opponents winds. Revenge game ? Save that for Miami when Schmidt will have pulled his groin, it will not be this week.

Meathead
09-10-2014, 05:27 PM
breaking: bills re-sign thaddeus lewis and will start him on sunday

Oaf
09-10-2014, 06:20 PM
I'm scared of Cameron Wake.

better days
09-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Good for him. I'd love to be an OC reviewing film and rubbing my paws over watching that a DC that chose to not only situate his MLB close to the line, but then proceeded to have same blitz 8 times.

I would love to see you watch the games before commenting on the game or players in that game.

When you said EJ's runs were "likely not by design", it proved you did not watch the Bills - Bears game any more than Spiked Lemonade saw a picture of Kim Pagula before he called her a pasty white woman.

You must look at stat sheets & tell us what you think you know from reading them, or read what others have written, then parrot what they wrote.

In either case you do not know what the hell you are talking about having NOT WATCHED the game.

kingJofNYC
09-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Pettine did a great job last year against Miami, the looks we showed drove the Dolphins nuts up front, allowed for easy sacks and forced Tannehill into mistakes. Schwartz doesn't give me much confidence. We'll see, hopefully it's a battle.

better days
09-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Pettine did a great job last year against Miami, the looks we showed drove the Dolphins nuts up front, allowed for easy sacks and forced Tannehill into mistakes. Schwartz doesn't give me much confidence. We'll see, hopefully it's a battle.

Yeah, we will see, but Schwartz was much more aggressive than people thought he would be against the Bears.