• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

NFL was sent tapes of Ray Rice

A New Jersey Police source has come forward and said the NFL received the second tape (back in April), and they have a confirmation that it was received.

Bubble popped.

Last edited by The King; 09-10-2014, 03:42 PM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Mercy
    • Jul 2005

Re: NFL was sent tapes of Ray Rice

I think they saw that second tape and thought that it justified Rice's actions.
    Victory for the forces of Democratic freedom
    Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy

Comment

• jimmifli
      • Nov 2006

If that's true... RIP in piece Roger.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

So... Goodell first gave the slap on the wrist 2 game ban... then when the video came out, the team released him and Goodell said "oh crap, gonna ban this guy indefinitely since I blew the first call..." Then, said "we had no access to the tapes."

Turns out that he did... So when does he resign/get fired/get justice? He's been a cancer to this league and now he's blatantly lying to the fans.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Breaking news all over the TV. NFL got copy of the knockout punch in April. Said an "NFL Executive" received it. That needs to be defined. Still, this looks real bad.

Roger protected the brand.

Lawyer up.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

The NFL is a joke and their nightmare continues.

I mean what did the NFL even get out of making a short suspension for Rice? What is the point of hiding what he did and why would you try to side with him? That's exactly what they did when they suspended him for only two games. Talk about a horribly executed cover up.

But why risk this kind of public backlash to protect Ray Rice's career? Seems like the NFL would happily chew up and spit out Rice as long as the greed machine marched forward. I don't get it.

Comment

• Night Train
              • Jul 2005

Female exec at NFL office confirms the tape arrived at the office April 9th and responds " you're right. It's terrible. "
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

One thing we can now assume with 100% confidence - the Patriots' tapes were almost certainly incriminating evidence and destroyed to protect them and the NFL brand.

Comment

• Night Train
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
                  One thing we can now assume with 100% confidence - the Patriots' tapes were almost certainly incriminating evidence and destroyed to protect them and the NFL brand.
                  No question

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

You're rich now Roger, cheer up & watch the games with the rest of us slobs.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

Goodell should be resign. He is a POS commissioner. Bring back Tagliabue

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                        So... Goodell first gave the slap on the wrist 2 game ban... then when the video came out, the team released him and Goodell said "oh crap, gonna ban this guy indefinitely since I blew the first call..." Then, said "we had no access to the tapes."

Turns out that he did... So when does he resign/get fired/get justice? He's been a cancer to this league and now he's blatantly lying to the fans.
                        I hope he doesn't get fired, because if he does, they'll replace him with someone even more hypersensitive to the PC police.

He screwed up. Pretty bad. People in the NFL screw up pretty bad all the time and don't lose their jobs. People in government screw up ALL the time and don't lose their jobs.

This is a feeding frenzy for people who are out to destroy the league and it goes way beyond Ray Rice.

Ray Rice screwed up BIG TIME. Probably should be in jail. But that's a Ray Rice problem, not an NFL problem. These whack jobs who are blaming the league for what one guy did have an agenda.

Comment

• sudzy
                          • Apr 2013

Good riddance, Roger. You F..ed up the game anyways.

Comment

• Bunion
                            • Sep 2008

Goodell's a chicken**** and shouldn't be allowed to just fall on his sword. Of course it's up to Congress to make an example of him...so nothing useful will happen and he'll golden parachute into retirement.

Comment

• Mercy
                              • Jul 2005

Congress?
                              Victory for the forces of Democratic freedom
                              Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy

Comment

Working...
                              X