PDA

View Full Version : Miami's Offensive Line Gave Up 1 Sack Last Week

BillsImpossible
09-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Branden Albert is an excellent left tackle.

First rounder, Ja'Wuan James is Miami's rookie right tackle.

Throw away last year's defensive game plans because Miami's offensive line is much improved and completely different.

Toss in Knowshon Moreno. I can't even remember who the Dolphins had a running back last year.

The Fish put up 33 points against the Pats in Week 1.

I would approach this week's defensive game plan in the same way Schwartz attacked Chicago.

Cutler/Forte is on par with Tannehill/Moreno.

The Fish have a lot going for them except one thing.

Moreno sounds way too much like Marino.

Goobylal
09-10-2014, 07:52 PM
The heat and a bad Pats defense wore them down. Forte is a better RB and the Bears' OL is probably better. Miami's going to have MAJOR problems hearing anything on offense.

YardRat
09-10-2014, 07:53 PM
I really liked James going into this year's draft.

jamze132
09-10-2014, 09:27 PM
It's going to be an interesting game and the turnovers will determine the outcome. Can't have BS fumbles after the catch/run.

swiper
09-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Didn't the Bills o-line also give up just 1 sack last week? Why aren't we talking about that?

Jry44
09-10-2014, 10:02 PM
1 game guys. We're basing so much off of....1 game.

Fact is that we still don't know outside of Seattle and Denver being on a collision course for the superbowl.

The benefit that we have over Miami that NE didn't is game planned flim from last week to review. Miami isn't suddenly a top 16 team just because they beat the Patriots. We beat them 31-0 the year they won a superbowl!

better days
09-11-2014, 07:22 AM
The question is Miami that good or are the Pats* that bad?

It will be interesting to see how the Pats* play against the Vikings.

better days
09-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Miami is hurting at the LB position.

Daniel Ellerbie is on IR, out for the year.

BOTH Koa Misi & Philip Wheeler are out for the game against the Bills.

ALL of their starting LB's will miss this game.

RUN THE DAMN BALL!

ghz in pittsburgh
09-11-2014, 07:53 AM
I don't know. Miami's O-line is kind of in the same boat as the Bills - LT Albert is established. I'd say our Glenn is a little better but very close - will see how Mario stack against him, though I prefer to move Mario around a bit more like Pettine would do in this kind of situation. RT - both are rookies though you liekly give the edge to Miami (I think Henderson will have more problem against Wake than the issues Hughes will cause on their side). Woods should be better than their Center, but Miami should have an edge in Guards play.

Overall, I think our LB play will likely be the difference maker for this game because the injury issue on the Dolphins side. I have high hopes that we can neutralize Moreno who's more of a between-tackle runner and we have Spikes there. If we can do that, we just put them in the same situation as they were last year - relying on Tannerhill. Now because of their O-Line and the threat of Moreno, Tannerhill should do better than last year. On the other hand, Bills have EJ instead of street QBs who played against them last year, and we revemped receiver corp (better now). It will be a close game.

MikeInRoch
09-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Cutler/Forte is on par with Tannehill/Moreno.

In no way is Tennehill/Moreno on part with Cutler/Forte. The two on the Bears are FAR far better.

justasportsfan
09-11-2014, 09:35 AM
I didn't watch the game so I'm guessing that when the dolphins ran the ball well, it helped take away pressure on the qb.

trapezeus
09-11-2014, 09:45 AM
To me, tannehill is a better game manager thus far vs cutler. cutler has skill and talent that tannehill might not have. but tannehill thus far, hasn't pissed a game away to the degree cutler does. Cutler gets rattled and can melt down in games.

bills got into cutler's head. the bills have the home crowd amped to go. perhaps that rattles tannehill. if the bills can get a hot start (ie. 3 and out defensive stop with maybe a sack and then a good return on the punt to take the pressure off the offense), the crowd will keep the momentum up. and that momentum is the x factor that the bookmakers can't really adjust for. that's the kind of thing that a middling team like the bills can use to beat teams that they might not be matched up well against.

on the other hand, if it's a slug fest where the crowd excitement can wane, then it's a battle between the talent. i think it's pretty even overall, but i'd give miami the edge simply because they played the harder team in NE. And they did adjust in the second half to take a game over. our adjustments were minimal and we let the game get tied. so coaching wasn't as good for us as the dolphins in week 1.

I hope the bills have a strong start and their second half performance is to lock down and improve from 1st half. that would be a sign of growth and positive signs that things are coming along.

jimmifli
09-11-2014, 10:12 AM
NE's Dline sucks. They have one decent playmaker.

Jones would start over Hughes (40 tackles & 11.5 sacks vs 32 tackles & 10 sacks), but it isn't a huge difference. The rest of NE's line would barely see the field.

The Phins Oline might be good, but it's not like they've been tested yet.

justasportsfan
09-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Stop the run and make them one dimensional . Then we'll see if their ol can pass protect. We shall also see then how good Schwartz's attacking D is

Miami_Vice
09-11-2014, 11:26 AM
It'll come down to turnovers imo. For Miami to win, they can't turn it over at all. Tannehill better be on his A game cause winning at Buffalo is no easy task

better days
09-11-2014, 11:38 AM
I didn't watch the game so I'm guessing that when the dolphins ran the ball well, it helped take away pressure on the qb.

I was focused on the Bills-Bears game, but I don't remember Tannehill being pressured much at all in that game.

The Bills will bring the pressure Sunday, just like they did in Chicago.

RedEyE
09-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Division games are always scary because each team digs a little deeper and plays a little harder. I'm not sleeping on this game and the Bills are not likely underestimating the Dolphin's abilities. The Bills D need to first control the line of scrimmage and keep their running game to a minimum. Put the game in Tannehill's hands and bring on Schwartz's hard charging blitzing scheme.

The Bills O has to continue to control the clock and jam that rock down their throats. Avoid getting EJ in a position where the game is soley in his hands but in order to do that Hackett is going to have to take some shots downfield, keep the LBers honest and open the run game. Of course EJ is going to have to connect on some of those downfield plays because if his accuracy is off the Miami D is going to sit in the box all day, jamming up that running game.

better days
09-14-2014, 03:06 PM
I was focused on the Bills-Bears game, but I don't remember Tannehill being pressured much at all in that game.

The Bills will bring the pressure Sunday, just like they did in Chicago.

BOOM, another example of me calling it correctly.

swiper
10-11-2014, 11:27 AM
BOOM, another example of me calling it correctly.

Idiocy at its finest.

better days
10-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Idiocy at its finest.

You are the leader of the IDIOTS on this board.

And there was nothing idiotic about that post.

I did call it correctly.