I flew to Tallahassee on Sunday night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

I flew to Tallahassee on Sunday night...

...and on my flight to Atlanta (connection) was Takeo Spikes. He is a very big man. Never stopped using the cell phone.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Did you get a chance to say hi?

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

No he never put the phone down...he sat well behind me and I had to leave to get my connection (late as usual in and out of Atlanta).

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Another hard hitting interview, like your one with Jerry Gray?

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

even Mike90201 could have done better than that.

I don't blame you. I'm not the type to disturb an athlete either.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
            • Jul 2002

Cell phone or airplane phone?
            Using a cell phone is still illegal from TKO to touchdown. There is a proposal right now to get that changed, but as of today it's illegal. Not to mention it's a bit difficult for cell phones to handle 500+ mph.
            Let's hope he doesn't get arrested.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
              even Mike90201 could have done better than that.

I don't blame you. I'm not the type to disturb an athlete either.
              I leave them alone. I've seen Tasker out in public about a half dozen times...our kids were on the same ride at the Erie County Fair and we were the only ones around and we simply said "hi" and "nice day".

Comment

• pcnorth22
                • Mar 2003

i leave athletes alone too generally.... Keith Bogans (Kentucky) was asleep across from me at BWI airport a month ago... missed his flight....

---I used to work at American Eagle at the Galleria and the Sabres would be in there all the time... Barnaby, Hasek, and Satan mostly... Rhett Warrener came in when they were in the Conf. Finals agains the Leafs... I rang out his purchase at the register (he was still pretty new at the time so no one really recognized him...) and just told him good luck during the next game and that I would miss it because I had to work... he then told me that he had to work to.... smart a$$ I'm glad he's gone (just kidding)

---I know this isn't Bills related... but fits with the thread I guess..

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

The only two celebs I ever ran into are Flava Flav once on 5th Avenue and Biz Markie in Grand Central Station.

I saw Tasker before a game. I said hey steve and gave him the thumbs up. He gave me a nod.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

I've run into a lot of players away from the game. Back in 97, the day after we played the Steelers, helmetguy and I were coming out of the McKinley Mall and there was this huge black man walking in. helmetguy was wearing his #7 1/8 jersey so the guy was watching him. I gave the guy a wave and told helmetguy it was Jamie Nails
                    I've run into BRUCE at the Big Tree a couple of times and even bought Thurman Thomas a beer over there once. Just hanging out.
                    And we always get to talk to a few Bills in Canton. Two years ago though, it was Manny Fernandez and Jim Stillwell of the 72 Dolphins that we were talking to.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

I wouldn't have approached him either but I might yell Go Bills or something else gay when I was getting off the plane.

Byrd.

Comment

Working...
                      X