• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Watching Pittsburgh v Baltimore.

I can't help but think they wasted Roethlisberger (no matter what you think of him) over the years with poor pro personnel and GM work. They are building a roster of useless, not getting better and too old to keep paying on top of perennially unimproved.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Watching Pittsburgh v Baltimore.

I don't know if you can totally waste a guy who has rings
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

tow.jpg
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2003

I still think they held onto the best of the 3 WR's out of Sanders, Brown, and Wallace--but they would be crazy explosive if they kept had all 3. Their O-line has been either injured oratrocious every year since 2006, which makes their 2008 and 2010 seasons all-the-more impressive. They've also had a very un-Steelerlike ineffective running game for the better part of a decade, but I think they finally found their man in Bell--he's a stud. I agree though, they didn't/aren't maximizing Ben's prime years. He's a great QB with the clutch gene...some franchises have never had even one of those
        Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Mace
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
          I don't know if you can totally waste a guy who has rings
          This is true, how about wasted chunks of his career then ? They never really protected him well, and I don't understand what Todd Haley brought to the table the last 3 years as their "The Man" QB heads deeper into his 30's.

I'm not a particular Steelers fan btw, I was just startled (intending to watch what I thought might be a good game), at how bad they looked, and I'm always curious at watching how teams evolve after a franchise QB starts getting up near 20 million in cap.

Comment

• Mace
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
            I still think they held onto the best of the 3 WR's out of Sanders, Brown, and Wallace--but they would be crazy explosive if they kept had all 3. Their O-line has been either injured oratrocious every year since 2006, which makes their 2008 and 2010 seasons all-the-more impressive. They've also had a very un-Steelerlike ineffective running game for the better part of a decade, but I think they finally found their man in Bell--he's a stud. I agree though, they didn't/aren't maximizing Ben's prime years. He's a great QB with the clutch gene...some franchises have never had even one of those
            Yes yes yes. Well said.

Comment

Working...
            X