PDA

View Full Version : EJ horribly inaccurate

Pages : 1 [2]

YardRat
09-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Brother Moon! Real Wagon here. The only thing about that is that there are 11 pro guys trying to stop every QB.

And that's where my radar really goes up when it comes to EJ. I watch the other teams' QBs--and I don't just mean Peyton and Aaron Rodgers--but guys like Luck and Matt Ryan and about 10 others, and there's just a world of difference, mechanically and otherwise. The throws EJ is praised here for are run of the mill throws that and 3rd string or practice squad QB can make, especially with the kind of protection EJ has had this year.

I've seen this guy (EJ) before. Over and over again. It doesn't matter if he's had 12 starts or 300, he is who he is, and he just doesn't have the consistency to be a top tier QB in this league.

The tools EJ has are those of a guy who will struggle to be an adequate starter in the NFL. He will never be a star.

Are there any QB's from the '13-'14 draft classes that are out-performing him?

Buffalogic
09-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Fake Wagon here?? 11 other professional guys shouldn't be able to stop us continuously. Our 11 professional guys are paid to score touchdowns. Our QB has to make a play. EJ personally missed 3 td's in the red zone. That's 21 points lost single-handedly by our QB. Can't be a good team and have that.

Yasgur's Farm
09-21-2014, 10:46 AM
3 TD's lost and 3 FG's made equals 12 points lost.

YardRat
09-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Fake Wagon here?? 11 other professional guys shouldn't be able to stop us continuously. Our 11 professional guys are paid to score touchdowns. Our QB has to make a play. EJ personally missed 3 td's in the red zone. That's 21 points lost single-handedly by our QB. Can't be a good team and have that.

Ummm...no.

Goobylal
09-21-2014, 10:58 AM
"Personally." LOL!

WagonCircler
09-21-2014, 11:20 AM

First of all, just because he comes from a piss poor draft class doesn't change anything about him.

Second, I think Glennon, who plays on a terrible football team, has more upside potential than EJ.

Buffalogic
09-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Ummm...no.Ummmm yes. EJ off to another rousing performance in today's game.

TacklingDummy
09-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Most passes over 5 yards are off the mark.
Even when complete they are high, behind, or low.

Buffalogic
09-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Que the everybody played bad arguments. It's either everyone played well or everyone played poorly. EJ sucking is the constant in both scenarios.

WagonCircler
09-21-2014, 02:18 PM
#3 is #2.

Buffalogic
09-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Everything I said in this thread - True

Everything anybody who argued with me said - False

Downinfloflo
09-21-2014, 02:24 PM
E.J will be out of the NFL in 3 years.

Buffalogic
09-21-2014, 02:28 PM
E.J will be out of the NFL in 3 years.
Yup, said this too today. He's not even backup or third string caliber.

ICRockets
09-21-2014, 03:55 PM

lol, OK.

Typ0
09-21-2014, 03:57 PM
I don't know if you heard but he said his 'accuracy was fine' in the post game. WOW he was so horrible today it's not funny. Manual is not going to make it.

Buffalogic
09-21-2014, 05:00 PM
We have the problem identified now it is time to act. We are still atop the division, so let's bench EJ, get Orton in there and make sure we have the best year we can. We can't let EJ hold back our 52 other players who are ready now.

BertSquirtgum
09-21-2014, 08:00 PM
We have the problem identified now it is time to act. We are still atop the division, so let's bench EJ, get Orton in there and make sure we have the best year we can. We can't let EJ hold back our 52 other players who are ready now.

Marrone can and will. Terrible coach.

Mike
09-21-2014, 08:13 PM
WC is a pretty clear troll. Not hard to simply go to nfl.com, see at least three passes where Manuel led Watkins perfectly on crossing routes including an intermediate one, plus the Chandler pass.

67% completions at 7.8 YPA, which is 11th in the NFL. It's pretty simple to see.

Today, EJs stats weren't bad, in fact they were ok but his play was horrendous.

He missed wide open WR
His accuracy was off and he got one of his wr killed
Garbage stats in last drive...

If you just looked at his stat line you would have thought he played well.

Mike
09-21-2014, 08:22 PM

Haven't you been paying attention?

Geno Smith has clearly outplayed Manual this year. Last year the TB guy outplayed him.

FYI no one held a gun to the Bills FO and made them draft a QB in the worst QB class in years! And no one nade them take a 3rd-4th round prospect in the 1st.

Many of us were against taking any QB that year!

Mace
09-21-2014, 09:08 PM
Marrone can and will. Terrible coach.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but Marrone confusing Rivers stats with Manuel in the postgame was just ridiculous if anyone mentioned it.

RedEyE
09-21-2014, 09:33 PM
I don't know if you heard but he said his 'accuracy was fine' in the post game. WOW he was so horrible today it's not funny. Manual is not going to make it.

To be fair, from the sideline, field level, its difficult to judge these things specifically. A better response from Marrone would be that he would need to review the tape for further analyzing. No excuses for Manuel though today. He was incredibly inaccurate.

RedEyE
09-21-2014, 09:34 PM

Congratulations! You win the internet!

Buffalogic
09-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Yeah I was trying to say for 14 pages his stat line doesn't matter, if you watch him you know he sucks. Even when the defense is crazed and destroying the other team like in the Miami game, you can still put EJ in a vacuum and see that he sucks. Win or lose, the guy isn't good enough.

Buffalogic
09-21-2014, 09:43 PM
To be fair, from the sideline, field level, its difficult to judge these things specifically. A better response from Marrone would be that he would need to review the tape for further analyzing. No excuses for Manuel though today. He was incredibly inaccurate.
Horribly.

RedEyE
09-21-2014, 09:59 PM
The accuracy issue is definitely concerning, but I'm more concerned about Manuel's mentality. What happened to the quick release? He was extended plays longer than they should have taken to deliver. My biggest concern is that I think this kid might have some confidence issues. He seems to be waiting for the perfect opportunity throw and thinking way too much about what is transpiring on the field. That's one thing I always liked about Fitzpatrick. Fitz style of throwing is purely reactionary. He calls the play, snaps the ball, and then just lets it fly. Now, Fitz has his own issues but that is what I would like to see from Manuel more. Don't think about the pass; trust your instincts. Interceptions are going to happen in this league. The worst thing you can do is nothing. Let that ball fly.

Buffalogic
09-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Manuel is overwhelmed and needs to take a step back. The initial plan hasn't worked out and the coaches and the organization need to adjust. Don't be stubborn and do what it takes to salvage the season and the young QB before it is too late.

Buffalogic
09-22-2014, 10:31 AM
We need to draft a second round QB next year. One will fall. We need a natural prospect, one who has been playing the position his whole life. I want a winner.

CommissarSpartacus
09-22-2014, 12:37 PM
Terrible game by EJ, Marrone and Hackett.

\Not confidence inspiring, that's for sure.

It's hard to see where EJ is gonna get much better. He doesn't seem to do anything with any special ability.

And I still haven't had a moment where I said, hey, these coaches have some imagination.

hard to see a team being successful when the weakest spots are QB, HC and OC...

BertSquirtgum
09-22-2014, 12:51 PM
The accuracy issue is definitely concerning, but I'm more concerned about Manuel's mentality. What happened to the quick release? He was extended plays longer than they should have taken to deliver. My biggest concern is that I think this kid might have some confidence issues. He seems to be waiting for the perfect opportunity throw and thinking way too much about what is transpiring on the field. That's one thing I always liked about Fitzpatrick. Fitz style of throwing is purely reactionary. He calls the play, snaps the ball, and then just lets it fly. Now, Fitz has his own issues but that is what I would like to see from Manuel more. Don't think about the pass; trust your instincts. Interceptions are going to happen in this league. The worst thing you can do is nothing. Let that ball fly.

Only if we had Fitz's brain inside EJ's body. We would have the next Joe Montainia.

k-oneputt
09-22-2014, 01:08 PM
The guy sucks. This is nothing new. Anyone who has followed him since his FSU days knew he was a stiff. I said it before the draft that the qb they don't want to draft is EJ. Go ahead look it up.
Now I think it is obvious to everyone that he isn't the answer.
He is holding this team back because the defense is good enough and there are weapons on offense which are useless because of EJ.

Buffalogic
09-28-2014, 01:37 PM
So ya EJ missing wide open receivers again and now is handing the other team 7 points on a screen passes.