PDA

View Full Version : 2-0

Don't Panic
09-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Still a good deal of work to do to be a top tier team in this league, but the bottom line is we're getting wins. 8 more and the curse is almost certainly over. One week at a time.

casdhf
09-14-2014, 02:27 PM
First place

stuckincincy
09-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Heh - the MIA high after beating NE must deflating...

djjimkelly
09-14-2014, 02:34 PM
no apologizing we are 2-0!! and in 1st in the afc east

better days
09-14-2014, 02:58 PM
BOOM!

What do you PESSIMISTS have to say now?

Ready to change your minds yet.............or are you going to ride that short bus right off the cliff?

RedEyE
09-14-2014, 02:59 PM
And beat two decent defenses!! Awesome! I'm so pumped!

Turf
09-14-2014, 02:59 PM
I say we can beat San Diego.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-14-2014, 03:04 PM
First place

and if Green Bay can get their ass together we could be all alone in first in a couple hours.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-14-2014, 03:09 PM
If EJ continues to improve I think we can go into the bye at 6-2.

SpikedLemonade
09-14-2014, 03:11 PM
and if Green Bay can get their ass together we could be all alone in first in a couple hours.

14-0 Jets.

casdhf
09-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Not looking good lol

Night Train
09-14-2014, 03:36 PM
That's correct. Plenty to still improve on.

Yet the Bills DO NOT look like a 2-14 team I was instructed they were by the resident doom and gloomers all spring and summer. Your kingdom is dead.

The other 31 teams are not all better, just because you're down on the Bills.

They WILL lose games and hit a cold streak.

But I allow the games to be played before playing taps.

Watkins was hurt and still kept coming back to make plays.

Spiller needs to be signed again. Makes too many big plays.

This team has talent and the D is good. **** the Pettine worship. Schwartz is a better DC.

Keep working and trying to improve.

The "clean house" crowd should try following cricket, since you obviously don't know a damn thing about NFL football.

2-0

Bring on San Diego.

imbondz
09-14-2014, 03:43 PM
:gobills:

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-14-2014, 04:49 PM
not only that, but 1-0 in the conference and most importantly, 1-0 in our division!

Night Train
09-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Not looking good lol

It's turning. Geno Losman is remembering who he is.

imbondz
09-14-2014, 10:57 PM
it turned

Generalissimus Gibby
09-14-2014, 11:01 PM
2-0 and alone atop the division at least for a week. Thanks for getting your head out of your asses Green Bay and thanks for Geno Smith playing like Geno Smith.

Fletch
09-15-2014, 03:16 AM
This thread is right up there with all of the biggest overreactions of past seasons.

Before he season Miami sucked, had no OL, a horrible QB, and no RBs. Today we learn that they had a decent defense and were a formidable team.

Chicago's defense was putrid last season and doesn't appear to have gotten much better. As for Miami, I know I had us penciled in for two wins there, I don't recall too many people picking a split with them much less dropping two. Figure if we can't win the home opener with all of the hype surrounding the game then what could we win.

I see a lot of overreaction here.

When we post a winning record please shake me awake.

Fun game to watch, but hardly much to get the hopes for an entire season on. We're not going to have that atmosphere every week.

We still have trouble moving the ball and generating 1st downs. Our defense which is supposed to be airtight against the run didn't do so well last week and did only moderately well against a weak Miami rushing offense this week. Lots of Miami miscues and officiating help this week too.

Time of possession is an issue again. Red Zone offense stinks. We're ranked 31s in 1st downs and 25th in 3rd down conversion percentage.

We've won on big plays. That's not the way to sustain an entire season.

Can't help but notice that everyone's talking up Manuel with some doing an "in your face" to critics of his, is Fitzpatrick good now too? After all he's got a better completion percentage than Manuel, more YPA, more TDs, fewer INTs and a much higher rating. In fact, he's the 2nd best rated QB in the league right now, is tied for 7th with Brees for TDS, tied for 6th with Brees in completion %, and ranked 2nd in YPA.

The overreactions are the funniest part of this forum. I'll bookmark the thread for when things settle down. It will be interesting to see so many people turning on their own statements later on this season.

Night Train
09-15-2014, 03:26 AM
Chicago went to San Fran and won. Makes the Bills win look better.

Night Train
09-15-2014, 03:29 AM
I'll bookmark the thread

Proving once again it's not about rooting for the team...it's about being right about failure.

Mark Weiler was an original.

"Fans"

Fletch
09-15-2014, 03:39 AM
WTF are you talking about?

Are you drunk or something?

You talking about the Bears?

pmoon6
09-15-2014, 04:08 AM
Proving once again it's not about rooting for the team...it's about being right about failure.

"Fans"This.

The psychological need to be "right" is what drives alot of people, especially on message boards like this. When they are negative, it's just a defense mechanism to avoid disappointment. It's also a function of modern society. The American as victim. Poor souls that take solace in *****ing about everything.

It is amusing, but at the same time unfortunate and boring.

swiper
09-15-2014, 04:21 AM
The greatest thing about these two games was they were both team victories. So many people made great efforts. From Kyle Williams in the trenches to Cj Spiller to Watkins to Dixon blocking kicks. It's just great to see.

Historian
09-15-2014, 04:31 AM
And due to tie breakers, New England is in 4th place, lol.

Cracks me up.

swiper
09-15-2014, 04:35 AM
I am enjoying football again.

The only thing that can derail this is injuries. Let's hope not.

The Bills actually are the ones hurting on the other guys for once - Chicago WRs, Moreno, etc. Not used to that either.

Don't Panic
09-15-2014, 04:38 AM

"Fans"

That's what's happened to a good chunk of this base... the next DSM is going to have a diagnosis for Fletch-like behavior. BBS - Battered Billsfan Syndrome. I almost want to sympathize with him... almost.

Meathead
09-15-2014, 05:11 AM
First place

*****es

ICRockets
09-15-2014, 06:24 AM
That's what's happened to a good chunk of this base... the next DSM is going to have a diagnosis for Fletch-like behavior. BBS - Battered Billsfan Syndrome. I almost want to sympathize with him... almost.

Wait until later in the season when he tries to jump on the bandwagon. We can feel bad for him then, when nobody lets him on.

Jaybird
09-15-2014, 07:09 AM
could ask for a better start, but to beat the really good teams we need to turn this FG in TD

Fletch
09-15-2014, 07:38 AM
This.

The psychological need to be "right" is what drives alot of people, especially on message boards like this. When they are negative, it's just a defense mechanism to avoid disappointment. It's also a function of modern society. The American as victim. Poor souls that take solace in *****ing about everything.

It is amusing, but at the same time unfortunate and boring.

I'm lost here. Seriously. I have no idea what you're talking about. Sounds like psychobabble.

Did I post something suggesting that I want to be right? I don't get it. I posted some comments about the game late at night, only Night Train commented, obscurely I can add, for which I asked for clarification and you put this up.

If your goal is to confuse the **** out of me you've succeeded.

I made a post of my thoughts on the game, which was actually enjoyable for a change, something that I can say for maybe two of our wins last season. I made light of everyone's preseason takes on the Fins. Other than that all I did was point out some reasons why I'm concerned.

Where did I state that I need to be right?

I really think that some of you guys here have some issues with posting like this. You seem to be far more concerned with beating down posters and proving that you're right rather than just reading what's written by someone and taking it at face value.

Historian
09-15-2014, 07:49 AM
could ask for a better start, but to beat the really good teams we need to turn this FG in TD

No doubt...but my question is...(rhetorically) Who is a good team?

Confusing.

justasportsfan
09-15-2014, 08:03 AM
bills win again. Top of the division. The Wilsons sold the team to Pegula.

What a crappy time for Fletch. If the bills beat SD maybe he'll ban himself.

Fletch
09-15-2014, 08:04 AM
I am enjoying football again.

The only thing that can derail this is injuries. Let's hope not.

The Bills actually are the ones hurting on the other guys for once - Chicago WRs, Moreno, etc. Not used to that either.

I enjoyed yesterday's game. Last week we were outplayed. A couple of other people commented that we've gotten excited before and been let down, more than once or twice.

I'll enjoy football when we play to a level whereby we can expect more than 6 (or 8) wins. I guess what I'm confused about is comments like that below and others that are already talking as if we've already done that. They're already talking like they're right and anyone that is critical or skeptical is wrong. Who cares about being right and wrong. If the team's good I'm happy, if it's not I'm not. Sorry, but not seeing this long term greatness yet. We can easily go 3-11 the rest of the way.

The big improvements are supposed to be on offense in the passing game, but Manuel has 2 passing TDs in two games. He still can't move the ball well, generate 1st downs, or convert 3rds.

We had 7 drives end either on Manuel incompletions or his run or pass not going far enough for the 1st. At least 4 failures in the red zone. Miami's defense is nothing special, especially in Buffalo for the home opener with energy like that.

I guess those things don't concern anyone moving ahead. I think that's a foolish position, but to go personal on someone merely for pointing them out, I'm just not getting that.

Wait until later in the season when he tries to jump on the bandwagon. We can feel bad for him then, when nobody lets him on.

lol

If that happens do you really think you are the first person I'm coming to to celebrate?

I don't mind controversy, but if I ever go to a game I'll go with a friendlier group of people that most of what I see here.

justasportsfan
09-15-2014, 08:09 AM
Last week we were outplayed.

yeah "we didn't play enough to win" :roflmao: 2-0 !!!!!

swiper
09-15-2014, 08:13 AM

I think if he wasn't a Bills fan, he wouldn't be here as much as he is. Some people have different points of view. Some more critical. Some more homer/blind. The team is winning. If he wants to continue to nit-pick, just ignore him.

FlyingDutchman
09-15-2014, 08:49 AM
This thread is right up there with all of the biggest overreactions of past seasons.

Before he season Miami sucked, had no OL, a horrible QB, and no RBs. Today we learn that they had a decent defense and were a formidable team.

Chicago's defense was putrid last season and doesn't appear to have gotten much better. As for Miami, I know I had us penciled in for two wins there, I don't recall too many people picking a split with them much less dropping two. Figure if we can't win the home opener with all of the hype surrounding the game then what could we win.

I see a lot of overreaction here.

When we post a winning record please shake me awake.

Fun game to watch, but hardly much to get the hopes for an entire season on. We're not going to have that atmosphere every week.

We still have trouble moving the ball and generating 1st downs. Our defense which is supposed to be airtight against the run didn't do so well last week and did only moderately well against a weak Miami rushing offense this week. Lots of Miami miscues and officiating help this week too.

Time of possession is an issue again. Red Zone offense stinks. We're ranked 31s in 1st downs and 25th in 3rd down conversion percentage.

We've won on big plays. That's not the way to sustain an entire season.

Can't help but notice that everyone's talking up Manuel with some doing an "in your face" to critics of his, is Fitzpatrick good now too? After all he's got a better completion percentage than Manuel, more YPA, more TDs, fewer INTs and a much higher rating. In fact, he's the 2nd best rated QB in the league right now, is tied for 7th with Brees for TDS, tied for 6th with Brees in completion %, and ranked 2nd in YPA.

The overreactions are the funniest part of this forum. I'll bookmark the thread for when things settle down. It will be interesting to see so many people turning on their own statements later on this season.

Biggest overreactions?? After saying there is a lot of work to do to be a top tier team? Good grief I don't think he is the one who is overreacting. Is it ok to with you if we feel good about our team right now? I don't think there is one fan who expected the Bills to be flawless like you apparently do

Tatonka
09-15-2014, 09:44 AM
I can say this is the first time I have been this excited about our team in a while. things all seem to be going our way right now.

the battered bills fan (me like most) still has to be a bit defensive and prepared for the let down.

but I cant say I imagined a start like this and I couldn't be happier.

if we beat San Diego next week, I will be on cloud 9. I know that for sure.

justasportsfan
09-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Biggest overreactions?? After saying there is a lot of work to do to be a top tier team? Good grief I don't think he is the one who is overreacting. Is it ok to with you if we feel good about our team right now? I don't think there is one fan who expected the Bills to be flawless like you apparently do

like I said, drama queen.

pmoon6
09-15-2014, 06:54 PM
I'm lost here. Seriously. I have no idea what you're talking about. Sounds like psychobabble.

Did I post something suggesting that I want to be right? I don't get it. I posted some comments about the game late at night, only Night Train commented, obscurely I can add, for which I asked for clarification and you put this up.

If your goal is to confuse the **** out of me you've succeeded.

I made a post of my thoughts on the game, which was actually enjoyable for a change, something that I can say for maybe two of our wins last season. I made light of everyone's preseason takes on the Fins. Other than that all I did was point out some reasons why I'm concerned.

Where did I state that I need to be right?

I really think that some of you guys here have some issues with posting like this. You seem to be far more concerned with beating down posters and proving that you're right rather than just reading what's written by someone and taking it at face value.Not surprising.

The mentally inferior have a difficult time with concepts.

They also use phrases like "psychobabble" when they have that difficulty.

Now go back to your sandbox, Son and when you get to high school, sign up for Psych 101....and maybe read "How Not To Be An Ass Hole In Ten Easy Lessons"

BTW, I don't know if you're trolling for a reaction by nitpicking to find anything negative about a football team you supposedly like or you had a Father that went out for a pack of cigarettes and never came back. Either way, it can only start to explain your posting style.