PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson: "Something different about this team"

JoeMama
09-14-2014, 10:07 PM
A little bedtime viewing to ensure nice dreams.

Enjoy.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Jackson_Something_different_about_this_team/3cc7e06e-85ab-4d81-a9b7-972568d02c7a

Says it's early and they can't get ahead of themselves.

Don't get to high. Keep going to work. Red zone, third downs, running game: all things that need improvement.

As a fan 2-0 never bothers me.

But I like hearing from a player that 2-0 isn't their focus right now.

F-Jax always says the right things. Great interview.

Crisis
09-14-2014, 10:09 PM
I'm extremely happy with the team right now but they've started out hot and ended up below .500 too many times in recent history for me to fall for it again so soon. I thought we turned a corner when we finally ended the streak vs NE..

FatBob12
09-14-2014, 10:45 PM
WE WIN !!! WE WIN !! WE WIN !! I don't know what the final record will be, but the Bills feel relevant again !! What a prefect day to honor Jim Kelly. Not only did the Bills win, but they beat Kelly's archrivals today. AWESOME !!!!

Fletch
09-15-2014, 03:53 AM
I'm extremely happy with the team right now but they've started out hot and ended up below .500 too many times in recent history for me to fall for it again so soon. I thought we turned a corner when we finally ended the streak vs NE..

Yes, unlike week one this game was a lot more fun watching.

You're right though, football is won based on some basic principles that we're just not executing well and haven't in years.

It's great that we won, but how do you keep winning when you have trouble getting 1st downs? We're only better than Jacksonville in 1st downs. That's hardly complimentary.

How do you keep winning when you can't convert 3rds? We're not a whole lot better at that.

We're also not much better at Red Zone and we're average at a lot of things and neither team that we've played has a great D.

We're not going to win many games on special teams TDs and defensive set ups. We better start moving the ball better if we're going to keep winning.

I'm not setting myself up as a patsy.

YardRat
09-15-2014, 04:53 AM
Yes, there still is plenty of room for improvement, and having leadership like Fred and Kyle in the locker room to remind everybody of that is invaluable. I would couple both AL's and JB's contract together to keep FJ around if that's what it took. Thankfully, he's not a greedy money-whore. The consummate team first professional.

better days
09-15-2014, 07:35 AM
A team can win with a GOOD defense & special teams as long as the Offense limits the turnovers.

That is how the Bills won the first two games.

And as one of Danny Crossman's biggest critics, I have to say I am impressed with how well special teams is playing.

Colton Schmidt, your next GREAT Bills punter.

better days
09-15-2014, 07:38 AM
And speaking of Colton Schmidt, he is another example of how good the Bills scouting dept is.

There are a number of teams that would love to have Schmidt about now.

billsburgh
09-15-2014, 09:26 AM
listening to Fred Jackson on WGR this morning, Howard Simon asked him again about this quote and Fred kind of insinuated that it's different because everyone is focused on the team and that there isn't anyone looking out for themselves before the team. that kind of made me think he was referring to Stevie or Jairus.

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2014, 09:29 AM
listening to Fred Jackson on WGR this morning, Howard Simon asked him again about this quote and Fred kind of insinuated that it's different because everyone is focused on the team and that there isn't anyone looking out for themselves before the team. that kind of made me think he was referring to Stevie or Jairus.

Bingo. Two of the most selfish players in franchise history.

starrymessenger
09-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Well actually the "something" that's different is talent.
This team is simply more talented than the Bills teams of recent memory.

Ed
09-15-2014, 04:36 PM
He could definitely be talking about Jason Peters from the 2008 team that started 4-0.