PDA

View Full Version : Not that I think it means all that much...

psubills62
09-14-2014, 10:21 PM
But Miami beat NE at home, and Chicago just beat San Fran on the road. As of this moment, looks like two good wins.

Feeling a lot more excited for the season than I did a month ago. As excruciating as Bills games always are, today was still fun to watch. Pretty dominant.

RedEyE
09-14-2014, 10:27 PM
I was thinking this as well but I reeled myself back in too. I know it's still early in the season and teams are ebb and flow.

But damn 2-0 against two pretty decent teams that had good defensive showings this season? That's something to be proud of to date.

THRILLHO
09-14-2014, 10:34 PM
Something else kind of big is NE has one loss, but it was to a divisional team. That could come into play down the road.

ServoBillieves
09-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Was just thinking this same thing...

YardRat
09-15-2014, 04:46 AM
The first two weeks are always a crap shoot...the next couple of games, and when the schedule rounds into playing your division a second time, is usually a better indicator for you really have.

I agree, though...two good wins to start.

Night Train
09-15-2014, 05:42 AM
We will hit a cold streak at some point... but I didn't predict 16-0.

A year ago I viewed this team as a near to total rebuild. That's when the 2 Doug's (Whaley,Marrone) took over. From there on out, I grade them without any care what Greggo,Mularkey,Jauron or Chan did. That no longer counts. References to such is just fans suffering from Battered Bills Syndrome and using this place as a personal wailing wall.

Last 2 Drafts weren't perfect... but we got a lot out of them.

The Vet aquisitions have been stellar. These guys are helping us win games.

Improvement ? Obviously.

Work to be done ? No Question.

We can all see this team for what they are. ( if we chose to...some refuse )

San Diego can beat us next week. I get it. They beat Seattle yesterday. They're good and every week is a new experience.

The ******, emotional weekly roller coaster is something I refuse to ride. Winning is good, losing sucks. No kidding.

Growth & progression is what I'm monitoring with a team that I see is improving. Bumps are coming and I'm interested to see how they handle adversity, due to losing or possible injuries. Doesn't scare me. Every week is a new show I haven't seen and I'm interested in watching.

24 hours of beating our chest and it's earned. Then comes the next gameplan to be worked on.

Enjoy the ride.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2014, 06:14 AM
"Maybe the Bills are a little better than everyone give them credit for." - Mike Ditka

ICRockets
09-15-2014, 06:15 AM
Obviously it's INSANELY early to look ahead to 2015, but I can't help it when my favorite Bill won't see the field until then....

If we perform like this all season, it's safe to say Jim Schwartz will be one-and-done. I want to see us bring in a replacement who uses hybrid fronts. We have such insane talent in the 3-4 when healthy. Our front 7 would be Mario/Marcell/Kyle and Kiko/Brown/Spikes/Bradham. Then with guys like Rivers, Hughes, Lawson, Charles in the rotation. That's disgusting. But I don't want Hughes to be purely a rotation guy, that's why I'd want some 4-3 in our base sets as well.

Anyway, what I'm saying is essentially this: people *****ed about the Watkins trade for a number of reasons, but one of them was that it reduced our ability to fill what they believed to be our myriad holes. Well, look at this team right now and tell me how many holes you see? I desperately want an improvement over Scott Chandler, I'm always looking for talent on the offensive line, but other than that this is a team with talent and depth at every position. If EJ continues to grow the way he has the last 2 weeks, we won't be in the market for a QB. The future looks incredibly bright in Buffalo right now, and I'm so glad to be along for the ride!!

Jry44
09-15-2014, 06:56 AM
Obviously it's INSANELY early to look ahead to 2015, but I can't help it when my favorite Bill won't see the field until then....

If we perform like this all season, it's safe to say Jim Schwartz will be one-and-done. I want to see us bring in a replacement who uses hybrid fronts. We have such insane talent in the 3-4 when healthy. Our front 7 would be Mario/Marcell/Kyle and Kiko/Brown/Spikes/Bradham. Then with guys like Rivers, Hughes, Lawson, Charles in the rotation. That's disgusting. But I don't want Hughes to be purely a rotation guy, that's why I'd want some 4-3 in our base sets as well.

Anyway, what I'm saying is essentially this: people *****ed about the Watkins trade for a number of reasons, but one of them was that it reduced our ability to fill what they believed to be our myriad holes. Well, look at this team right now and tell me how many holes you see? I desperately want an improvement over Scott Chandler, I'm always looking for talent on the offensive line, but other than that this is a team with talent and depth at every position. If EJ continues to grow the way he has the last 2 weeks, we won't be in the market for a QB. The future looks incredibly bright in Buffalo right now, and I'm so glad to be along for the ride!!

I couldn't agree with you more about Chandler....

Jry44
09-15-2014, 07:00 AM
But Miami beat NE at home, and Chicago just beat San Fran on the road. As of this moment, looks like two good wins.

Feeling a lot more excited for the season than I did a month ago. As excruciating as Bills games always are, today was still fun to watch. Pretty dominant.

Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, because I'm not, I'm actually the furthest thing from it, but I have to approach this with guarded optimism. Hell yes I'm on cloud 9 today, however 2008 and 2011 are still hanging over my head. I can't let myself think that we're a playoff contender just yet. I need to see where we are when we get to 6 wins at least.