PDA

View Full Version : A Football Team With A Quarterback Problem VII

Typ0
09-15-2014, 04:43 AM
I'm really concerned with the way Manual doesn't know how to slide or get tackled. Granted, having Orton on the sidelines is much better insurance than what we had...but let's keep him on the sidelines.

streetkings01
09-15-2014, 04:50 AM
We crushed the Dolphins and this is what's on your mind? I swear some Bills fans don't know how to just enjoy a win...........everything has to be perfect and even then their still not satisfied!

Night Train
09-15-2014, 05:21 AM
He still has lots of kinks in his game to improve on. Little question.

I do see improvement and the Bills are learning to call a gameplan to play to his positives. He's hitting guys more often downfield, for one. The short stuff is effective and no longer his only throw.

Historian
09-15-2014, 05:30 AM
SMH

ICRockets
09-15-2014, 06:19 AM
From the sounds of it, I think more people noticed this week what I noticed during the Bears game (I missed the first half of this week's game so I don't know if it was truly a problem again) that one of EJ's current weaknesses is his reads when they run the option. Seems to hand off to the back when he should keep it, and keep it when he shouldn't. But that's the exact sort of weakness that can improve with coaching and experience, so I'm pretty excited to see the improvement to our offense when this particular kink gets worked out.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2014, 06:51 AM
From the sounds of it, I think more people noticed this week what I noticed during the Bears game (I missed the first half of this week's game so I don't know if it was truly a problem again) that one of EJ's current weaknesses is his reads when they run the option. Seems to hand off to the back when he should keep it, and keep it when he shouldn't. But that's the exact sort of weakness that can improve with coaching and experience, so I'm pretty excited to see the improvement to our offense when this particular kink gets worked out.

I don't think you should expect the read option to always work for EJ. He's not RG III or Vick who can win one on one running the ball. Therefore, it is gadget play for the Bills.

Defensive players are taught to watch the handoffs. So naturally when the RB gets the ball, usually there are more defenders onto the RB, making it look like EJ should keeping the ball AFTER THE FACT.

SquishDaFish
09-15-2014, 07:48 AM
Wow TYPO wow unreal bro. SMFH

Typ0
09-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Well I guess I need to spell it out that I was pretty impressed when I wrote this thread. Not worried about Manual at the QB position ... more concerned he's going to get hurt and not be able to be back there. I do think it's a pretty significant thing too because he does not know how to go down properly and he's going to get hurt doing it.

Forward_Lateral
09-19-2014, 07:01 AM
I don't think you should expect the read option to always work for EJ. He's not RG III or Vick who can win one on one running the ball. Therefore, it is gadget play for the Bills.

Defensive players are taught to watch the handoffs. So naturally when the RB gets the ball, usually there are more defenders onto the RB, making it look like EJ should keeping the ball AFTER THE FACT.

It's not a gadget play when the team runs it 30% of the time.