PDA

View Full Version : Bills offensive line

swiper
09-15-2014, 04:58 AM
Was going to start this last week. I'd love to hear what you all have to say about the line. The line that didn't look so hot as preseason finished up.

Seantrel Henderson held Cameron Wake quiet.

No sacks yesterday. Just one vs Chicago.

Seems to be gelling.

Another great thing to see.

And, furthermore, if they give Manuel just an extra second or two to find his target. Well 117 yards by your #1 draft pick.

They could do better at times with run blocking, but there's a lot to be happy with.

Meathead
09-15-2014, 05:09 AM
they threw the right side of the line together right at the end of preseason so its not surprising they were struggling right up to the opener. but yeah that certainly doesnt appear to be a prollem today. really nice job shutting down the strong miami front

better days
09-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Was going to start this last week. I'd love to hear what you all have to say about the line. The line that didn't look so hot as preseason finished up.

Seems to be gelling.

And, furthermore, if they give Manuel just an extra second or two to find his target. Well 117 yards by your #1 draft pick.

They could do better at times with run blocking, but there's a lot to be happy with.

Well, the OL also opened some huge holes for CJ yesterday.

Give this OL a little time, I think by the end of the season it will be dominate.

Fletch
09-15-2014, 07:31 AM

Seems to be gelling.

The lines have been our strengths the last two seasons. I don't know why everyone is so down on them. Has the OL been perfect, no, but it's been better than any other unit on offense.

The DL is also good. Dareus is hit and miss, more miss, and so is Mario to a lesser extent. But the unit is easily our best on D.

People here have been too hard on them. I don't think I would resign Darues though. Loved the Henderson pick, I'm surprised he didn't go before the 7th though.

mysticsoto
09-15-2014, 07:40 AM
The lines have been our strengths the last two seasons. I don't know why everyone is so down on them. Has the OL been perfect, no, but it's been better than any other unit on offense.

The DL is also good. Dareus is hit and miss, more miss, and so is Mario to a lesser extent. But the unit is easily our best on D.

People here have been too hard on them. I don't think I would resign Darues though. Loved the Henderson pick, I'm surprised he didn't go before the 7th though.

I was watching him alot yesterday. He was double teamed alot - which left Kyle Williams with one on one action and he took full advantage! What confused me is that, if I'm Miami's DC, considering the way Kyle was playing in the 1st half of the game, why didn't they change and double team HIM...take your chances that you can contain Dareus w/1 person...Kyle was destroying them!!!

But really, I'm not complaining at all if DCs want to continue to double team Dareus instead. :D

better days
09-15-2014, 07:45 AM

Henderson didn't go before the 7th because it appeared he was going to waste the talent he obviously has.

Had he gone to a place like Miami, NJ or Dallas, that might have been the case.

And Dareus is a YOUNG guy that needs to grow up, but he is not the thug, he is a good guy with a lot of talent, I will be PISSED if the Bills don't resign him.