PDA

View Full Version : Endzone/Stadium Art (Good Idea?)

JohnnyGold
09-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Nothing to do with yesterday's win, but a thought struck me yesterday.

Watching some of the Bengals/Falcons game yesterday it looked to me as if the Bengals added some black to their wall around the field, which really accentuates the jungle motif that they use—but the orange endzones stick out like a sore thumb. How cool would it be if they continued the jungle theme into their endzones? All black with some thick green underbrush.

It got me thinking: what other teams could have a really cool “concept” to their stadium/endzones. I’d LOVE to see one of those guys that always does a bang-up job of “recreating” NFL logos do an endzone/stadium concept art.

Miami: the wall around the field could be like the top of the ocean, with buoys, ships, islands, etc. The endzones could be painted to look like underwater scenes.
Jets: the wall around the field could be the New York skyline, the endzones could be like a runway at Kennedy international.
Steelers: the wall around the field could look like a steel mill, the endzone could be either poured steel or just look like a sheet of beveled steel.
Ravens/Eagles/Falcons etc: the wall around the field could be treetops and building tops with their respective birds perched atop it, the endzone could be a huge nest/eerie, etc.
Texans/Broncos/Colts: the wall around the field could look almost like a wooden fence, and the endzones could be made to look like a rodeo pit
Titans: greek buildings around the field, the endzone could look like Mt. Olympus
Jaguars/Panthers: some variation of the Bengals theme
Raiders/Bucs: Some sort of high seas battle motif around the field, plundered treasure in the endzones
Chiefs/Redskins: indian motif around the field, with the endzone looking like a “chest of war”—spears, bows and arrows, etc.
Chargers: a power plant/wiring around the field walls, and an electrical storm in the endzones
Vikings: ships of war around the field, Valhalla in the endzones
49ers: mining carts on railroad tracks around the field, gold mines for endzones

justasportsfan
09-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Miami: the wall around the field could be like the top of the ocean, with buoys, ships, islands, etc. The endzones could be painted to look like underwater scenes.
Jets: the wall around the field could be the New York skyline, the endzones could be like a runway at Kennedy international.
Steelers: the wall around the field could look like a steel mill, the endzone could be either poured steel or just look like a sheet of beveled steel.
Ravens/Eagles/Falcons etc: the wall around the field could be treetops and building tops with their respective birds perched atop it, the endzone could be a huge nest/eerie, etc.
Texans/Broncos/Colts: the wall around the field could look almost like a wooden fence, and the endzones could be made to look like a rodeo pit
Titans: greek buildings around the field, the endzone could look like Mt. Olympus
Raiders/Bucs: Some sort of high seas battle motif around the field, plundered treasure in the endzones
Chiefs/Redskins: indian motif around the field, with the endzone looking like a “chest of war”—spears, bows and arrows, etc.
Chargers: a power plant/wiring around the field walls, and an electrical storm in the endzones
49ers: mining carts on railroad tracks around the field, gold mines for endzones

buffalo

IlluminatusUIUC
09-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Nothing to do with yesterday's win, but a thought struck me yesterday.

Watching some of the Bengals/Falcons game yesterday it looked to me as if the Bengals added some black to their wall around the field, which really accentuates the jungle motif that they use—but the orange endzones stick out like a sore thumb. How cool would it be if they continued the jungle theme into their endzones? All black with some thick green underbrush.

It got me thinking: what other teams could have a really cool “concept” to their stadium/endzones. I’d LOVE to see one of those guys that always does a bang-up job of “recreating” NFL logos do an endzone/stadium concept art.

I like the idea.

Historian
09-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Cleveland Browns: Elfin' good Keebler tree houses.