PDA

View Full Version : Child Beaters: Adrian Peterson’s Four-Year-Old Obviously Had It Coming

mercyrule
09-15-2014, 10:57 AM
And finally, a word to everyone who’ll spend this week making excuses for Adrian Peterson: If you say that you got that kind of treatment as a child and it never did you any harm, the very fact that you’re finding justifications for beating a four-year-old so hard that it leaves bloody welts suggests that it left you pretty damaged.

Read more at http://wonkette.com/560280/child-beaters-adrian-petersons-four-year-old-obviously-had-it-coming#1uzSTTTE1gcGqrbG.99

Historian
09-15-2014, 11:06 AM
http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/vikings-fan.jpg

gebobs
09-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Barkley: I don’t know where he’s from, I’m from the south, whooping, we do it all the time. Every black parent in the South is going to be in jail under those circumstances.

Rome: It doesn’t matter where you’re from, right is right and wrong is wrong.

Barkley: Nooo…I don’t believe that. We spank kids in the South.

Rome: I don’t want to tell anybody how to raise their kids and I don’t really want anyone telling me how to raise mine, but let’s make a distinction between child rearing and child abuse.

Barkley: That’s very…

Rome: That’s child abuse. There’s no fine line here.

Barkley: I think there’s a fine line. I’ve had many welts on my leg.

Rome: Welts like that?

Barkley: Oh yeah, I got beat with switches.

I see. It's ok to do that in the south and Sir Charles thinks it's acceptable? That's all I need to know.

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Guy should be banned just like Ray Rice, IF what he's being accused of is true. There's no reason to beat a 4 year old with a stick. EVER.

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Hey Charles, this is 2014. We've learned a few things since you were a kid. One of them is how to discipline children. Beating them isn't really acceptable anymore. Sorry your mom did it to you, but this is the 21st century.

WagonCircler
09-15-2014, 11:36 AM
And finally, a word to everyone who’ll spend this week making excuses for Adrian Peterson: If you say that you got that kind of treatment as a child and it never did you any harm, the very fact that you’re finding justifications for beating a four-year-old so hard that it leaves bloody welts suggests that it left you pretty damaged.

Read more at http://wonkette.com/560280/child-beaters-adrian-petersons-four-year-old-obviously-had-it-coming#1uzSTTTE1gcGqrbG.99

Post like this never cease to amaze me?

Who the hell are you talking to? Who is James Brown lecturing? The pro-child beating crowd? The domestic violence fan club?

All of these people are just self-aggrandizing blow hards. Lecturing an entire country full of people damning child and wife beaters is like filibustering on the benefits of oxygen.

We get it. There are morons out there who don't, sure. But neither James Brown, nor Bob Costas, nor any other talking head on TV is going to sway them. As for the other 99% of us, we don't need convincing. We just want to watch a God damn football game without being talked down to by some unqualified jackass who is an expert on nothing.

Novacane
09-15-2014, 11:46 AM
WTF does this have to do with Bills football?

swiper
09-15-2014, 11:52 AM

Who the hell are you talking to? Who is James Brown lecturing? The pro-child beating crowd? The domestic violence fan club?

Interesting post. This is the same exact logic the pro-lifers use to (attempt) to rip the pro-choicers. There is not one pro-choice person on the planet that wants to see a life end. The fact is that life does not begin until week 20 or 21 in utero. Fact.

casdhf
09-15-2014, 11:52 AM
He was reinstated by the Vikings today.

swiper
09-15-2014, 11:55 AM

Shows the NFL is all about one thing only: money.

Adrian Peterson puts butts in seats.

gebobs
09-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Who the hell are you talking to? Who is James Brown lecturing?

Possibly the NFL.

Yep, could be.

Skooby
09-15-2014, 12:00 PM
NFL needed to help the Pats out, so they probably called for him to sit that game.

WagonCircler
09-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Interesting post. This is the same exact logic the pro-lifers use to (attempt) to rip the pro-choicers. There is not one pro-choice person on the planet that wants to see a life end. The fact is that life does not begin until week 20 or 21 in utero. Fact.

Exactly, except....not at all.

My post is about why we have to listen to these jagoffs bloviate all over our football broadcast.

Secondly, the are many Gosnells out there. And Margaret Sanger was a proponent of Eugenics.

but, other than that, you're spot on. (Which is to say "nice try, but, um, no")

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly the NFL.

Then he should use Skype.

gebobs
09-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Then he should use Skype."We never got your message. And we never saw that tape."

Albany,n.y.
09-15-2014, 02:01 PM

Only after Mike Zimmer whooped him with a switch.

Albany,n.y.
09-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Hey Charles, this is 2014. We've learned a few things since you were a kid. One of them is how to discipline children. Beating them isn't really acceptable anymore. Sorry your mom did it to you, but this is the 21st century.

Until there's a 21st century edition of The Bible, there are going to be a lot of people who will follow Spare the rod, spoil the child. If he gets one fundamentalist on the jury (which is likely in Texas) he's never going to be convicted.

WagonCircler
09-15-2014, 02:42 PM
"We never got your message. And we never saw that tape."

Sure, great, but why should we, the viewers, have to be lectured by these blowhards?

We didn't do anything.

We tune in for football, not holier than thou sermons about "How we should be raising boys" or "How we should stop saying __________ throws like a girl."

I did not sign up to have these idiot celebrities as life coaches. They are no more qualified to weigh in on issues than the local barista or supermarket cashier. In fact, they, with their plush lives and million dollar salaries, are probably far less qualified to comment on the lives of everyday Americans than the cashier or coffee slinger.

I don't give a dog's breakfast what James Brown or Bob Costas think about anything. Nobody does. Introduce the football experts. Tell us about relevant injuries. Give us scores and highlights and STFU.

cookie G
09-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Does the blogger always dress like Catwoman and carry a whip?

Or was it just for that article?

gebobs
09-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Sure, great, but why should we, the viewers, have to be lectured by these blowhards?

We didn't do anything.

We tune in for football, not holier than thou sermons about "How we should be raising boys" or "How we should stop saying __________ throws like a girl."

Let's be clear. This is a blog, not a televised NFL broadcast. If you tuned into his "sermon" and don't like it, that's your problem.

You say 99% don't need convincing. I doubt it. Maybe 99% among the folks you consider peers. But this kind of whipping is more common than you may think. Frankly, I'm kind of surprised no one here has come to Peterson's defense. Every time someone gets in trouble for disciplining his child with a switch, you know you're going to here the tough people tell you how they got beaten when they were a kid.

I did not sign up to have these idiot celebrities as life coaches. They are no more qualified to weigh in on issues than the local barista or supermarket cashier. In fact, they, with their plush lives and million dollar salaries, are probably far less qualified to comment on the lives of everyday Americans than the cashier or coffee slinger.
I don't know who Doktor Zoom is and have no idea how much money he makes. For all I know, his day job might BE at Starbucks. Regardless, is he wrong?

streetkings01
09-15-2014, 03:20 PM
I dont believe in hitting a kid with a switch since I've been on the receiving end of one a few times in my life, but I believe in whooping a kids ass if he's disrespectful with the hand of course!

ServoBillieves
09-15-2014, 03:24 PM
WTF does this have to do with Bills football?

The Vikings decided to sit him one game... Against the Patriots*. That doesn't... make sense.

Mr. Miyagi
09-15-2014, 03:42 PM
I do not condone child abuse. But does anyone remember your parents saying "this hurts me more than it hurts you"? I don't know about you but I got my whopping as a kid.

WagonCircler
09-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Let's be clear. This is a blog, not a televised NFL broadcast. If you tuned into his "sermon" and don't like it, that's your problem.

You say 99% don't need convincing. I doubt it. Maybe 99% among the folks you consider peers. But this kind of whipping is more common than you may think. Frankly, I'm kind of surprised no one here has come to Peterson's defense. Every time someone gets in trouble for disciplining his child with a switch, you know you're going to here the tough people tell you how they got beaten when they were a kid.

In my post, I stated that "things like this post..." and specifically mentioned James Brown's sermon on Thursday Night Football.

I don't care if we're talking about my peers or people I've never imagined existed, nothing James Brown is going to say on a football pre game show is going to give anyone an epiphany. His speech, and those made by Costas and other, are all about self aggrandizement.

They have no place on a football broadcast, and even if they did, then they should have an expert in child psychology or a pediatrician or law enforcement expert give them. But they don't have any business being on a football broadcast.

coastal
09-15-2014, 03:53 PM
The NFL is a focal point of our culture. It's deeply entrenched in family, community and national traditions. The NFL also benefits from an anti-trust exemption. Local and state governments also create all sorts of incentives and breaks in order to keep an NFL franchise as part of it's community. We, as a society, are supporting this institution.

As a voting and tax paying populace, we more than have made the case the NFL is part of who we are.

Highlighting the issue of violent crimes in the NFL.... let's use Michael Vick as an example. 99% of us would never, ever get our jobs back after being convicted of what he was convicted of. His financial troubles aside, he was rewarded the opportunity to make millions again on OUR very public stage that is the NFL.

That matters.

At best, any attempt to compartmentalize the NFL into "just a football game" that we can watch seperate from the real and all of it's rules that the rest of us are held to just flat out ignores the ties that bind us. At worst, it's a dismissive and distracting rationalization to hide one simple truth... some of us in our society are just flat out ok with this kind of behavior.

"Oh... we don't support that kind of behavior," they say.

Sure thing.

swiper
09-15-2014, 04:06 PM
The NFL is too much apart of culture. Too much. The thug league continues on it's downward cultural spiral. All hale the almighty dollar and the hell with everything moral and legal. It's the evil of the dollar.

And who is James Brown to be lecturing on the topic? The whole thing and the circus that surrounds these cases is marring the game of football. Especially after we waited so long to have a team looking up.

Skooby
09-15-2014, 04:18 PM
If the Bills lost as a kid & my Dad was drunk, I know how my post game interview was going to go if I crossed him.

Novacane
09-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Until there's a 21st century edition of The Bible, there are going to be a lot of people who will follow Spare the rod, spoil the child. If he gets one fundamentalist on the jury (which is likely in Texas) he's never going to be convicted.

Bull crap. I'm a Bible believing Christian what you'd call a fundamentalist and I don't believe in abuse. What Peterson did was abuse.
I got spanked and spanked my kids when they were younger. 2 or 3 taps on a clothed butt with a paddle. Not 15 beatings on a bare butt. You libs will probably say that's abuse too. Whatever.

Can a mod please move this thread to the spin zone??????????? I avoid that place for a reason!!!!!!!!!

Novacane
09-15-2014, 04:39 PM
The Vikings decided to sit him one game... Against the Patriots*. That doesn't... make sense.

I'm sure that's exactly what Mercy was thinking when she started the thread :peace:

Jry44
09-15-2014, 04:41 PM

feldspar
09-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Can a mod please move this thread to the spin zone??????????? I avoid that place for a reason!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. This is not a football topic; therefore, I don't expect to listen to windbags pontificating about pressing social issues when I tune in to watch football. In fact, one of the reasons why I watch football is to escape from all of that for a little while. I don't have to go too far to encounter upsetting stories if that's the type of thing I want to do. If we need the NFL to educate us about these issues, then we are in more trouble than I thought...which is saying something. It annoys me when the NFL is used as a platform for unrelated issues, especially when we are talking about a violent sport. Pathetic.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2014, 07:01 PM

All of these people are just self-aggrandizing blow hards. Lecturing an entire country full of people damning child and wife beaters is like filibustering on the benefits of oxygen.

We get it. There are morons out there who don't, sure. But neither James Brown, nor Bob Costas, nor any other talking head on TV is going to sway them. As for the other 99% of us, we don't need convincing. We just want to watch a God damn football game without being talked down to by some unqualified jackass who is an expert on nothing.
The fact that people don't get why they talk about is exactly why they do talk about it

This should transcend football and can teach us about where we are as a society.

It might take some thinking. But it can be done

WagonCircler
09-15-2014, 07:08 PM
The fact that people don't get why they talk about is exactly why they do talk about it

This should transcend football and can teach us about where we are as a society.

Who are "THEY" to be teaching anyone about anything? Again, what qualifies James Brown or Bob Costas? What makes them experts? It's condescending, presumptuous bull**** and its real purpose is just posing.

And I guarantee you that blowhards like Costas' view on "where we are as a society" is worthless. He has no more expertise on any subject than anyone else.

There's a time and a place for everything, and an NFL broadcast is neither. If people want to be preached to, there are plenty of other places they can get that.

Dr. Lecter
09-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Who said they are experts?

Nobody.

If we only discussed topics were were experts on, this place would be quiet. Nobody wants to talk about cats with me or being a bouncer with you.

ckg927
09-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Wagon: Then where the F can we get some perspective on what the hell is going on with the NFL? You sure as hell aren't going to get it on the NFL's house network.

Go ahead. You're the stinking expert on it.

Tell us. We await your pearls of wisdom.

Albany,n.y.
09-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Bull crap. I'm a Bible believing Christian what you'd call a fundamentalist and I don't believe in abuse. What Peterson did was abuse.
I got spanked and spanked my kids when they were younger. 2 or 3 taps on a clothed butt with a paddle. Not 15 beatings on a bare butt. You libs will probably say that's abuse too. Whatever.

So anyone who disagrees with your fundamental religious beliefs is a "Lib"? Never heard that convoluted logic before. I'm sure there are plenty of religious people who are what you would call liberal, but then some people like you call everyone who doesn't share all your beliefs "liberals" without ever understanding the meaning of the word. Heres how Liberalism is defined:
Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[1] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
Sounds pretty Anti-American to put down "Libs", when you understand the definition.

feldspar
09-15-2014, 08:47 PM

It's called context, Doctor.

Like I alluded to, if you need to refer to the NFL to teach us as to where we are as a society, that should probably teach us a lot about society right there. Do you really think that people are going to say "hmmm...I didn't think child abuse was bad before, but I can see how that can be bad now" just because an NFL commentator gave a commentary? That will help fix things?

And this "it might take some thinking" coming from a guy that says he likes homosexuality, even though he wouldn't dream about partaking in homosexual activities under any circumstances. Again, context. The NFL shouldn't have to be a forum for these subjects. If it does, then that's pathetic.

I just don't want to hear about it from the NFL. Stick the discipline reigned down on Peterson...that's relevant. What he did or did not do is entirely upon him.

Since the NFL is basically based upon controlled violence, I don't think these are the people to get on a soapbox anyway.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2014, 08:53 PM
The NFL should decide to sit this guy indefinitely.

Welcome to the league where you can beat women and children and get a slap on the wrist, well until the video becomes public and where doing some weed a few times gets you an entire year off. Well now Gordon's suspension is reduced to 10 games but still.

Doing some pot = 10 games off. Beating a child = 1 game off.

What's wrong with this picture?

mercyrule
09-16-2014, 08:08 AM
WTF does this have to do with Bills football?Who TF cares?

mercyrule
09-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Does the blogger always dress like Catwoman and carry a whip?

Or was it just for that article?
Yes, she always does. I love the Wonkette. Always entertaining

HHURRICANE
09-16-2014, 09:30 AM
Guy should be banned just like Ray Rice, IF what he's being accused of is true. There's no reason to beat a 4 year old with a stick. EVER.

The Ray Rice situation is disgusting and based on what I've heard on the four year old kid's injuries Peterson should be ashamed of his actions.

However, I didn't know the NFL was in charge of enforcing the law or dictating social policy. Personally I'm over hearing about it.

If Ray Rice had spit on a man and than punched him out wouldn't his actions still be horrific?

The problem starts with law enforcement.

gebobs
09-16-2014, 09:42 AM
I didn't know the NFL was in charge of enforcing the law or dictating social policy.

The law and "social policy" notwithstanding, this is about brand management. The NFL and major-league sports in general have problems. A few thousand of them...in the form of immature, instantly wealthy, young men who take being full of piss and vinegar to a whole 'nutha level.

These guys have worked hard as hell to get where they are. It's a damn shame to see some of them piss it away, but not nearly the shame that is giving them a pass time after time.

BillsOverDolphins
09-16-2014, 10:09 AM
This subject has been beaten to death

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 10:31 AM
The law and "social policy" notwithstanding, this is about brand management. The NFL and major-league sports in general have problems. A few thousand of them...in the form of immature, instantly wealthy, young men who take being full of piss and vinegar to a whole 'nutha level.

These guys have worked hard as hell to get where they are. It's a damn shame to see some of them piss it away, but not nearly the shame that is giving them a pass time after time.

If it was about brand management, Ray Rice would have been given a 1 year suspension right out of the gate.

All of this bull**** is about politics.

HHURRICANE
09-16-2014, 10:36 AM

The problem is that if a person is inclined to punch or beat a defenseless person without a threat/provocation than there is no policy on the planet that will deter their actions. A sociopath isn't going to be deterred by policy. If law enforcement had done their job Mr. Rice would be in jail so it would be pretty hard to debate if he should be on the field or not. The problem is that they didn't.

It's hard to justify suspending him indefintely when he was given pre-trial diversion. Now your doing the justice systems job. The problem starts with law enforcement. These guys are trained to arrest first and ask questions later.

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 10:41 AM
The problem is that if a person is inclined to punch or beat a defenseless person without a threat/provocation than there is no policy on the planet that will deter their actions..

And furthermore, they are absolutely not going to be deterred by and arrogant homilies from football studio hosts.

gebobs
09-16-2014, 11:21 AM
If it was about brand management, Ray Rice would have been given a 1 year suspension right out of the gate.
Sure, if their integrity was air-tight. It's not. They chose to try and sweep it under the carpet first. It blew up in their face.

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2014, 11:22 AM
And furthermore, they are absolutely not going to be deterred by and arrogant homilies from football studio hosts.

What makes them arrogant?

mercyrule
09-16-2014, 11:27 AM
They're former football players

fortunesmith
09-16-2014, 11:28 AM
There are an infinite amount of places where only football is discussed - if you don't like hearing non-expert opinions on the topic of child abuse as it pertains to NFL players, change the channel to the NFL Network. No one is forcing you to watch it. I personally am curious to see what the NFL talking heads feel about the situation that's affecting their beloved sport.

mercyrule
09-16-2014, 11:29 AM
I do not condone child abuse. But does anyone remember your parents saying "this hurts me more than it hurts you"? I don't know about you but I got my whopping as a kid.But you would never do that to your kids.

gebobs
09-16-2014, 11:36 AM
The problem is that if a person is inclined to punch or beat a defenseless person without a threat/provocation than there is no policy on the planet that will deter their actions.
There are a lot of things they can do though admittedly they may have variable effectiveness. Off the top of my head and on the less extreme end, you can have counseling. On the more extreme, bans.

A sociopath isn't going to be deterred by policy. If law enforcement had done their job Mr. Rice would be in jail so it would be pretty hard to debate if he should be on the field or not. The problem is that they didn't.
Sociopath? I don't know about all that. But otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree. These guys get off for plenty of reasons. Their money, their association with a powerful organization, their notoriety, etc. give them advantages that normal people do not have. I bet Hasek was given the green light to drive home after more than a few DUI stops.

And that's why the league needs to step in. Playing a sport for millions of dollars is a privilege that they confer and one to which they should and do attach conditions. Though it may not stop abuse in one fell swoop, each action they take brings these issues to the national conversation.

I don't want to listen to this crap on game day any more than the next guy, but I don't think airing these issues as caused by these situations is a bad thing. Look no further than dumbass Barkley. He thinks this is completely acceptable. He and every other moron that thinks so needs to be educated.

swiper
09-16-2014, 11:42 AM

Wagon calls me a lib. I'm not, I'm moderate. But I got the same as you did growing up. It's not the liberals to complain about, it's the Bible-thumping conservatives that re the problem.

swiper
09-16-2014, 11:51 AM
However, I didn't know the NFL was in charge of enforcing the law or dictating social policy.

They give off an image to society. Little kids and women included. They have that image to protect.

You have to first understand that.

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 11:52 AM

What makes them arrogant is the fact that they feel they are qualified to lecture the rest of us. Especially on subjects which aren't so black and white. Brown touched on subjects that have nothing to do with domestic abuse, with nonsense like "we need to stop using phrases like "throws like a girl..."

James Brown isn't qualified to tell me what I'm allowed to say, or should or should not say. James Brown isn't qualified to advise me on anything.

Bob Costas expressing his opinion on gun control as though he's an authority? F-- Bob Costas. If he wants to pontificate on matters that have nothing to do with the NFL, he can write a letter to the editor.

They are arrogant because they see themselves as members of some sort of an elite class whose members are qualified to preach to the rest of us, whom they assume can't think for ourselves.

These are football broadcasts. Viewers are absolutely NOT tuning in to be lectured to. They have football broadcasts on to watch football, and it's God damned presumptuous of these preening, holier than though douchebags to co-opt the broadcasts to "educate" us. We're quite capable of thinking for ourselves.

Now you, being an arrogant leftist, will never understand this, because you're exactly like them. You obviously feel that everyone who doesn't share your opinion on every social issue is an ignorant Neanderthal in need of reprogramming.

You, Brown, Costas, Olbermann, et. al. can kindly deposit your social engineering up your asses.

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Sure, if their integrity was air-tight. It's not. They chose to try and sweep it under the carpet first. It blew up in their face.

And this integrity gap will be sealed by James Brown lecturing us on right and wrong?

Got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wagon calls me a lib. I'm not, I'm moderate. .

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

I needed a good laugh today.

Buffalogic
09-16-2014, 12:04 PM
Sure, if their integrity was air-tight. It's not. They chose to try and sweep it under the carpet first. It blew up in their face.What was their incentive to sweep it under the rug is what I want to know. Why would the commissioner stick his neck out for Ray Rice? Has to be a payday we don't know about. Wouldn't be shocked if the Raven's owner gave him some nice kick backs.

coastal
09-16-2014, 12:07 PM
So the hordes objections to the TV talking heads (you know... the people that get paid to have an opinion) voicing their thoughts boils down to, "You're not the boss of me!"?

Ignorant Neanderthal in need of reprogramming?

With reason.... can someone explain how that doesn't hit the nail 100% on the head?

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 12:08 PM
What was their incentive to sweep it under the rug.

NFLPA.

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 12:10 PM
So the hordes objections to the TV talking heads (you know... the people that get paid to have an opinion)

So, you think James Brown gets paid to have an opinion and express that opinion on social issues?

James Brown doesn't even get paid to have an opinion on football. He gets paid to facilitate the people who do get paid to have opinions on football, and to tell people when it's time for commercials.

You're even dumber than I thought you were, and I didn't think that was possible.

Let's imagine that you're watching one of your favorite shows. Saaaaayyyyy Project Runway, and Heidi Klum starts the show by going on a rant about people getting tax write-offs for mortgage payments. Or she shares her opinion on who should occupy the West Bank.

You'd be so pissed you'd spit up your quiche.

This is no different.

coastal
09-16-2014, 12:22 PM
I think James Brown gets paid to have an opinion on anything related to the happenings in the NFL.

to deny that is again... a creative attempt to compartmentalize out that which is not wanting to be dealt with.

just admit you have no problem with this kind of behavior.

have some pride in yourself for Christ's sake.

stuckincincy
09-16-2014, 12:44 PM
The inevitable is happening - politicians jumping in to make hay:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000395749/article/minn-governor-believes-vikings-should-suspend-peterson

HHURRICANE
09-16-2014, 12:53 PM
What makes them arrogant is the fact that they feel they are qualified to lecture the rest of us. Especially on subjects which aren't so black and white. Brown touched on subjects that have nothing to do with domestic abuse, with nonsense like "we need to stop using phrases like "throws like a girl..."

James Brown isn't qualified to tell me what I'm allowed to say, or should or should not say. James Brown isn't qualified to advise me on anything.

Bob Costas expressing his opinion on gun control as though he's an authority? F-- Bob Costas. If he wants to pontificate on matters that have nothing to do with the NFL, he can write a letter to the editor.

They are arrogant because they see themselves as members of some sort of an elite class whose members are qualified to preach to the rest of us, whom they assume can't think for ourselves.

These are football broadcasts. Viewers are absolutely NOT tuning in to be lectured to. They have football broadcasts on to watch football, and it's God damned presumptuous of these preening, holier than though douchebags to co-opt the broadcasts to "educate" us. We're quite capable of thinking for ourselves.

Now you, being an arrogant leftist, will never understand this, because you're exactly like them. You obviously feel that everyone who doesn't share your opinion on every social issue is an ignorant Neanderthal in need of reprogramming.

You, Brown, Costas, Olbermann, et. al. can kindly deposit your social engineering up your asses.

I don't like what happened but I agree that everyone is stepping in like experts here. I know alot about this subject and I can tell you that every situation is different.

"A man should never hit a woman." But if she had a knife in James Brown's chest I'm sure he'd find an exception to that rule. I agree...I don't need him telling me right from wrong. I think I got that covered.

What Ray Rice did is disgusting...period. However his situation doesn't define the subject of domestic violence. If the league had given him an 8 week suspension and sent him for couseling we'd be done with this conversation. They screwed up. However, now we want the league to be the social conscious for our society. I watch football for fun and entertainmant, not be told how to act in society.

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 12:57 PM
I think James Brown gets paid to have an opinion on anything related to the happenings in the NFL.

to deny that is again... a creative attempt to compartmentalize out that which is not wanting to be dealt with.

just admit you have no problem with this kind of behavior.

have some pride in yourself for Christ's sake.

Your wife beats you, huh?

Do you at least get a discount?

Dr. Lecter
09-16-2014, 12:58 PM

Awwwww....

You are so cute when you throw out pure idiocy. But I thank you. I don't think anybody has ever called me an arrogant leftist.

And your last sentence is so full of irony. I love it.

If you only you were able to detect it.

EricStratton
09-16-2014, 01:09 PM
What was their incentive to sweep it under the rug is what I want to know. Why would the commissioner stick his neck out for Ray Rice? Has to be a payday we don't know about. Wouldn't be shocked if the Raven's owner gave him some nice kick backs.

Goodell made 44 million last year, I can't imagine enough kickbacks to make a dent.

coastal
09-16-2014, 01:11 PM
Your wife beats you, huh?

Do you at least get a discount?
What exactly does my wife have to do with this, wagon?

ckg927
09-16-2014, 01:14 PM
There are an infinite amount of places where only football is discussed - if you don't like hearing non-expert opinions on the topic of child abuse as it pertains to NFL players, change the channel to the NFL Network. No one is forcing you to watch it. I personally am curious to see what the NFL talking heads feel about the situation that's affecting their beloved sport.

You'll NEVER hear about this on the NFL's house network. EVER.

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 01:16 PM
What exactly does my wife have to do with this, wagon?

Wait, I thought it was OK to talk about domestic abuse anytime and anywhere. Isn't it? You were just saying that it was.

You're married to the poster who just posted a picture of Nicole Brown Simpson as a PEZ dispenser, right?

Funny stuff (rolls eyes).

coastal
09-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Wait, I thought it was OK to talk about domestic abuse anytime and anywhere. Isn't it? You were just saying that it was.

You're married to the poster who just posted a picture of Nicole Brown Simpson as a PEZ dispenser, right?

Is there a coherent thought in this or r u just butt-hurt?

Blondie
09-16-2014, 01:30 PM

If you'd like to ask me about my post ... feel free.

- - - Updated - - -

He is an angry man who needs L-O-V-E baby .. give him kisses :D

coastal
09-16-2014, 01:36 PM
He is an angry man who needs L-O-V-E baby .. give him kisses :D
Ok honey.

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 01:38 PM

This is hilarious. You, who incessantly posts about a nightclub I ran 20 years ago, whining like the little ***** that you are, because I posted something that you feel is "unfair".

Cry me a river, *****.

coastal
09-16-2014, 01:41 PM
This is hilarious. You, who incessantly posts about a nightclub I ran 20 years ago, whining like the little ***** that you are, because I posted something that you feel is "unfair".

Cry me a river, *****.
So you're butt-hurt?

got it.

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 01:51 PM
So you're butt-hurt?

got it.

You're apparently butt obsessed. Which really makes a lot of sense.

coastal
09-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Boring.

Blondie
09-16-2014, 01:56 PM

He is really more obsessed with nipples ... in case you were really wondering.

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 01:57 PM

Really not, thanks.

Now run along and cry to the Mods again.

Off you go....

coastal
09-16-2014, 02:11 PM
My wife got tired of having you call her a hooker out here and asked to have one of the mods tell you to please stop.

now you want to shame her publicly for reporting this.

This has been a perfect illustration for everyone how the cycle of abuse is perpetrated by men onto women repeatedly.

thank you wagon.

Blondie
09-16-2014, 02:24 PM
My wife got tired of having you call her a hooker out here and asked to have one of the mods tell you to please stop.

This has been a perfect illustration for everyone how the cycle of abuse is perpetrated by men onto women repeatedly.

thank you wagon.

thanks baby!

gebobs
09-16-2014, 02:41 PM

No. Wasn't. Please, no more.

Blondie
09-16-2014, 02:47 PM
No. Wasn't. Please, no more.

Lol .. a little bit..

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 02:52 PM

thank you wagon.

We're talking about the person who wears a bikini on the front page of her massage web site, right?

Just checking.

coastal
09-16-2014, 03:07 PM
And he plays the "she asked for it" card.

the lesson continues.

Blondie
09-16-2014, 03:56 PM
And he plays the "she asked for it" card.

the lesson continues.

"It's always easy to believe the bad stuff"

gebobs
09-16-2014, 04:37 PM
I'll let you folks have your fun. I'm just going to go ahead and delete my subscription to this thread since it's gotten off track.

mercyrule
09-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Something tells me slut shaming isn't going to work on Blondie

Blondie
09-16-2014, 06:35 PM

No. But what's funny is silly little boys are quick to pull that card. Bwahahahahahahaha

mercyrule
09-16-2014, 07:15 PM
We're not impressed either

BillsOverDolphins
09-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law, but for the love of god stop clogging up the sports stations with social issues. If I wanted to hear somebody's rant on this **** I'd flip to CNN or MSNBC. Report the news in 20-30 seconds, then move the **** on to Football--that's why we watch.

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 10:11 PM

That must be why she whined to the Mods.

Mace
09-16-2014, 11:08 PM

Meh. In this case hombre, boooo.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2014, 04:40 AM

And here you are whining about the whining.

Here is an idea - pretend you are an adult and can discuss topics without acting like a kid in junior or somebody with an IQ south of 80.

If you don't want your hand slapped don't be an *******. Don't call people prostitutes. Be passionate and strong, but cut out the crap.

You've been around long enough to know when you cross the line

And before you bring this up you can ask Coastal - we've probably slapped his wrist as much as we've slapped yours. The big difference is that he does not whine, cry and stomp his feet about it