PDA

View Full Version : Dear fellow Bills fans

Mr. Miyagi
09-15-2014, 12:19 PM
We do not have to focus on one game at a time.

We do not have to keep our emotions grounded even though the Bills have a good start.

We do not to have stay humble and hungry.

We do not need to be underdogs.

We do not have to watch film to scout next week's opponents.

We do not have to say all the right things, give it 110%, respect the opponents, open up the playbook, or focus on the fundamentals.

WE ARE FANS. We can say and feel whatever we want, because nothing we do other than supporting the team can make any difference to the Bills winning or losing.

SO LET'S CELEBRATE BEING AT THE TOP OF THE DIVISION! AND TALK ALL THE TRASH WE WANT! BRING ON THE CHARGERS! WE'RE GONNA KICK THEIR ASSES!!!

Thank you for your time.
:miyagi:

Skooby
09-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Bonsai.

OpIv37
09-15-2014, 12:39 PM
You're right. You don't have to do anything.

But you would be wise to temper your emotions and trash talking.

Why? 2003, 2008, 2011.

ServoBillieves
09-15-2014, 12:41 PM
... I'm a big fan of what was said.

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2014, 12:58 PM

Why? 2003, 2008, 2011.

I learned my lesson many times. Hopes get high, your balls get kicked. It's an unnatural cycle for Bills fans. It's unavoidable. If this team was 10-0 with 6 games left, I'd still be pessimistic about making the playoffs.

swiper
09-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Maybe your balls get kicked. But not mine.

RedEyE
09-15-2014, 01:43 PM
I learned my lesson many times. Hopes get high, your balls get kicked. It's an unnatural cycle for Bills fans. It's unavoidable. If this team was 10-0 with 6 games left, I'd still be pessimistic about making the playoffs.

Ha! Laughed because it's true. The Bills were up by three scores deep into the 4th qrtr and Carpenter missed that chip shot of a FG, my first reaction was to get mad and spout "Here we go again!".

The Dolphins literally had zero chance of coming back at that point but that is how scorned I am as a Bills fan. This team has found new and improved ways in ripping our hearts out and repeatedly, and painfully, cramming it up our ass.

I'm stoked, but I'm pussy footing into this season. 14 games to go - they could easily come out of the gates against San Diego and crumple to the ground, never to win a game the rest of this season.

imbondz
09-15-2014, 01:59 PM

lol. so true. I was talking to a non-bills fan buddy of mine yesterday about the Bills starting 2-0, and he just shoot his head, and sincerely said, 'yeah but you know you can't get your hopes up right?'.

2-14 is not off the table yet.

chris66
09-15-2014, 03:20 PM

Why? 2003, 2008, 2011.2014? the dreaded 3 year hype machine. What killed those other bills teams was the fact that once teams had tape on them they couldn't adjust

jimmifli
09-15-2014, 03:25 PM
For some people being a fan means granting themselves permission to be stupid. That's not what it means to me.

To me it means hoping they win. I don't understand the need to turn off higher reasoning just to cheer for a football team.

Night Train
09-15-2014, 03:36 PM
We do not need to be underdogs.

What do you have against Underdog ?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--u0XSro12tI/TZ54EKhSbfI/AAAAAAAADBA/2SYDSOJzZRU/s400/UNDERDOG%2BHEROIC%2BCOLOR.jpg

Dujek
09-15-2014, 03:50 PM
The Chargers can't play in the east. Bills will cruise to 3-0. Book it.

imbondz
09-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Not only will we be 3-0, we're going to crush the Bolts 42-10

ICRockets
09-15-2014, 03:56 PM

Why? 2003, 2008, 2011.

I like how the idiots (some may call them Debbie Downers, people who suffer from Battered Bills Syndrome, etc....I call anyone who can't experience happiness from the success of their FAVORITE of something 'idiots') think they need to mention those years.

News flash: If the Bills are going to make the playoffs, they're going to do it by winning games. You act like being 2-0 is a greater guarantee of a bad season than being 0-2 or 1-1 would be.

gebobs
09-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Ha! Laughed because it's true. The Bills were up by three scores deep into the 4th qrtr and Carpenter missed that chip shot of a FG, my first reaction was to get mad and spout "Here we go again!".
Same here. According to profootbalreference's win probabilities, the death knell was when Fields shanked that punt at the start of the 4th.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Cautiously optimistic and nothing more. If we can face new england while being undefeated, I will begin to buy in.

gebobs
09-15-2014, 04:02 PM
You act like being 2-0 is a greater guarantee of a bad season than being 0-2 or 1-1 would be.
It's just that 2-0, 1-1, 0-2 are little guarantee of anything for any team, much less the Bills. They can go 8-0 and all that guarantees is a 0.500 or better season.

TheBrownBear
09-15-2014, 04:05 PM
Sure. Talk trash to opposing fans but be prepared to play the fool if things go off the rails. Enjoy the moment. Enjoy the win. Enjoy the journey. But just remember, we aren't a playoff team until we actually get there.

Albany,n.y.
09-15-2014, 04:15 PM
I just looked up flights on Super Bowl weekend & concluded that the best thing to do is fly to Vegas, rent a car & drive down to Phoenix. The flights in & out of Phoenix are already too high or unavailable from just about everywhere.

It's never too early to plan for the Bills next Super Bowl. We're fans we're allowed.

OpIv37
09-15-2014, 04:48 PM
I like how the idiots (some may call them Debbie Downers, people who suffer from Battered Bills Syndrome, etc....I call anyone who can't experience happiness from the success of their FAVORITE of something 'idiots') think they need to mention those years.

News flash: If the Bills are going to make the playoffs, they're going to do it by winning games. You act like being 2-0 is a greater guarantee of a bad season than being 0-2 or 1-1 would be.
I most certainly didn't act like that. I just pointed out the reality that a good start doesn't necessarily mean a good season and provided examples to back up my claim.

Starting 2-0 is great but there are numerous people on here acting like we already accomplished something. We didn't.

OpIv37
09-15-2014, 04:49 PM
For some people being a fan means granting themselves permission to be stupid. That's not what it means to me.

To me it means hoping they win. I don't understand the need to turn off higher reasoning just to cheer for a football team.
The rah-rah **** is great on Sundays, especially for people who are at the games. In between, it's idiotic.

YardRat
09-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Jesus H Christ.

We're 2-0 at this point, when most felt we would probably be 0-2.

Live in the moment, and prepare to deal with the future as it comes to us.

pmoon6
09-15-2014, 06:19 PM
I learned my lesson many times. Hopes get high, your balls get kicked. It's an unnatural cycle for Bills fans. It's unavoidable. If this team was 10-0 with 6 games left, I'd still be pessimistic about making the playoffs.Well, if the segment of crybabies and asswipes on this board are an indication, it seems lots of Bills' Fans can never recover from getting kicked in the balls....or maybe they just disintegrated on impact.

Mad Bomber
09-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Starting 2-0 is great but there are numerous people on here acting like we already accomplished something. We didn't.

We have accomplished something. We've GUARANTEED we won't go 0-16 or 1-15.

stuckincincy
09-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Bonsai.

I'm not seeing how a miniature tree fits in here...