PDA

View Full Version : I think the team turned a corner

bf1
09-15-2014, 01:36 PM
God I hope I'm right and don't jinx them....

Obviously the play is much better. Here is why I think they are better.

1) Offensive Playcalling - there seems to be a legit gameplan instead of a make it up as they go feel. Also no signs of panic.
2) We have a legit #1 wide receiver. Don't remember one since Moulds.
3) The defensive is still very aggressive, but under control. - Years past we were plagued with overpersuit and kind of too hyper. Schwartz has them focused. Aggressive but smart.
4) #3 plus the guys seem to have an edge. See Bradham play where he lost helmet. D line looks like hungry dogs going after meat.
5) Leadership - you can see EJ has the respect of his team.
6) no real blaring holes

I hope I don't look at this week 16 after going 6-10 and cry...

Skooby
09-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Optimism, the first step to the end of the line.

GreedoII
09-15-2014, 01:42 PM
I also agree with the D. They seemed very prepared and disciplined so far. Graham could be a huge signing when it's all said and done.

bf1
09-15-2014, 01:45 PM
I also agree with the D. They seemed very prepared and disciplined so far. Graham could be a huge signing when it's all said and done.

Definitely.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that you bring it up...

7) contributions from free agents, and not relying on every draft pick to pan out.

justasportsfan
09-15-2014, 01:45 PM
We've only beaten "teams that we were supposed to beat"

Albany,n.y.
09-15-2014, 01:47 PM
We've only beaten "teams that we were supposed to lose to"
Corrected. Underdogs in both games.

RedEyE
09-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Funny thing about corners: There's always another corner, right around the corner.

Seriously trying to stay optimistic, but you know ~~~~~~> Bills Fan

Turf
09-15-2014, 01:52 PM
I think Marrone did a good job of getting them tuned in and angry, and not going soft on them. You don't see them trash talking, starting fights, and except for Hughes, doing stupid ****. Now they can take that anger and frustration combined with discipline, which is something this team has sorely needed for years, and take it out on the opponents. Great coaching job IMO.

SpikedLemonade
09-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Corrected. Underdogs in both games.

Both of our wins were impressive wins.

As will be a win against the Chargers and a win in Houston.

If we get to 4-0, it will not be against any cream puffs.

RedEyE
09-15-2014, 01:57 PM
Miami beat NE and the Bears beat the 49ers. I don't know who is saying that we beat teams we should have beaten, but I don't buy into that philosophy. Both th 9ers and the Pats rarely fall to chumps these days. And this is what has me more optimistic then had these been wins against Jacksonville and Oakland.

Historian
09-15-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic...but I remember 2011.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-15-2014, 02:01 PM
I approach this with extreme caution, remember in 2003 we started out fast, steamrolled the Pats and crushed Jacksonville then we collapsed. 2008 we started out 4-0 dear lord it was neat, remember? Playoffs for sure, **** they just had to win half their remaining games and they probably get in whoops they won 3 games the rest of the year. 2011, finally we're gonna get in I mean 5-2 and this is it, playoffs here we. . . . oh yeah we didn't win again until December. If this team isn't just playing exhibition ball in December aka we are still actively in the playoff hunt and have a 50% or better shot at the post season then we will have turned a corner.

bf1
09-15-2014, 02:08 PM
I see differences between previous good starts and now. Then we "found ways to win." These game we just won. I dunno. I could be drunk on the excitement.

- - - Updated - - -

I think justa was being sarcastic...

Dr. Who
09-15-2014, 02:11 PM
This team has more talent, more depth, I'm starting to think better coaching.
EJ is improving and has room to improve.

justasportsfan
09-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Miami beat NE and the Bears beat the 49ers. bills beat bad teams who in turn beat worst teams. Ask Fletch and TDumyy.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-15-2014, 02:26 PM
bills beat bad teams who in turn beat worst teams. Ask Fletch and TDumyy.

New England may be a bad team, but mark my words they will be in the post season AGAIN, San Fran will probably also get in, and FWIW the Bears and Fish will be trying for a post season spot in December.

gebobs
09-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Funny thing about corners: There's always another corner, right around the corner.

Seriously trying to stay optimistic, but you know ~~~~~~> Bills Fan

2-0 is great but then we have...

Rivers, Gates, and the Chargers fresh off their win over the champions.
On the road against Fitzclassic.
At the Lions.
Home against the Patsies.

Win 3 of those games, and we're on the map. Win two and there is still going to be some chatter. Go 1-3 or worse and everyone will just nod and say "told ya so".

RedEyE
09-15-2014, 02:49 PM
bills beat bad teams who in turn beat worst teams. Ask Fletch and TDumyy. lol

Ed
09-15-2014, 03:10 PM
If you can play good D, run the ball effectively, and limit turnovers, you're going to be in every game. There's no reason this team can't compete week in and week out. That doesn't mean they won't have any bad games, but I think the gap between the "good" teams and the "bad" teams is pretty narrow. With the exception of a few teams at the top and a few teams at the bottom, most teams are going to play a bunch of close games that could go either way. An important factor that separates the winners and losers is having the confidence and expectation to win. To believe you're better than your opponent and be able to go out and get the job done. For the Bills to really turn a corner, I think they have to develop that culture of winning that we talk about a lot. I think this team has more talent than the previous Bills teams that got out to hot starts, but they'll need to be a lot tougher mentally and have better leadership than those teams to turn the corner. I definitely have hope.