PDA

View Full Version : Spiller's 43 yard run in the 3rd quarter

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Just how lucky the Bills are this season.

First, EJ bobbled the snap. In past years, the ball may wind up on the ground. But this time, acording to CJ himself, it worked out better because it slowed him down and let the play developed in front of him.

Then, probably everyone saw on reply, CJ went off tackle run (Henderson), just as Wake fly by the hole. CJ on Murphy's show said he was stunned that Wake missed him. The rest, as they say, is history.

YardRat
09-15-2014, 05:17 PM
It's a game of inches, and little things like that over the course of a game is often the difference between winning and losing.

jimmifli
09-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Fred is the RB that best exemplifies letting the blocking develop. The number of times he gets through a hole and I wish it was Spiller....

But Spiller would never have waited for that hole, he would bounce it outside for a gain of 6. It's nice to see him recognize this, I doubt it will change much, but I can dream.

Fred's head in CJ's body.

YardRat
09-15-2014, 07:22 PM
I've seen some instances of Spiller actually hitting a hole and taking the 2-4 yarder instead of abandoning earlier and trying to go outside...that's encouraging.