PDA

View Full Version : ryan matthews out a month

djjimkelly
09-15-2014, 03:01 PM
so we will see danny wooodhead and donald brown and a big dose of rivers

Ed
09-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Donald Brown is no scrub, but I'm not too worried about being able to stop their run game. It's all about getting pressure on Rivers.

ServoBillieves
09-15-2014, 03:33 PM
This game has always been about stopping Rivers. They will not run roughshod over us (feel free to bump this if I am wrong), but they will gladly take advantage of the mismatch they come built with in Rivers to Gates. Throw in Floyd, Allen, and Woodhead in the screen game and this is the 2nd test of a great offense against our defense.

Expect penalties to play another huge role like they were in the Bears game. Our secondary against the tall guys... handled well in Chi-town but let's see it at the Ralph.

JoeMama
09-16-2014, 07:49 AM
SAN DIEGO IS GOING DOWN, GARY!!!

ONLY BUFFALO WILL WIN!!!

YEAH!!!

http://fromtherockpile.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Buffalo-fan-screams-you.jpg

Bunion
09-16-2014, 08:03 AM
This game has always been about stopping Rivers. They will not run roughshod over us (feel free to bump this if I am wrong), but they will gladly take advantage of the mismatch they come built with in Rivers to Gates. Throw in Floyd, Allen, and Woodhead in the screen game and this is the 2nd test of a great offense against our defense.

Expect penalties to play another huge role like they were in the Bears game. Our secondary against the tall guys... handled well in Chi-town but let's see it at the Ralph.

Don't know what it was, but my guess is that all those years Pettine spent shutting down Chan's screen game made it into his Big Book of Schemes last year. Schwartz's unit has a copy, because they've been pretty quick to diagnose and break up screen plays so far. Robey in particular has a knack for sniffing out a screen and sliding passed the blocking.

Topas
09-16-2014, 08:30 AM
I think this might be the best offense we might face all season. I am highly afraid of this game.
Then again, before the season I gave us a 1% chance to win this game, so now I give us a 45% chance. So who am I to complain. But I am really a Rivers fan and I think he is way underrated. EJ needs to put up some points to win this.