PDA

View Full Version : Jaworski says he 'found a sanctuary' in Buffalo

YardRat
09-16-2014, 04:39 AM
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/09/ron_jaworski_bills_dolphins_sanctuary.html

"First and foremost, we all know it was a very difficult week for the National Football League, and for all of us involved because we like to cover football," Jaworski said. "But I’ve got to tell you, yesterday I found a sanctuary. It was Buffalo, New York. It was awesome, guys. Seventy-thousand people celebrated football. The Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills, both undefeated albeit (after) one week. There was tremendous excitement football-wise in Buffalo. A new owner in Terry and Kim Pegula in Buffalo. Excitement that the Bills are staying in Buffalo. Jim Kelly on the sideline, just beat cancer. Those people would’ve cheered for 20 minutes if Jim wouldn’t have went to the mic and started talking. Ralph Wilson’s name embedded in the stadium in gold for all that he did for the community of Buffalo. It was a celebration of football.

"To me, that was exciting. Those fans were all jacked up for a football game. We weren’t talking Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice and all the off-the-field problems. So I found that sanctuary in Buffalo, and it was the Buffalo Bills fans – 70,000 of them – that really, to me, motivated that Buffalo Bills football team. I was on that sideline talking to all the guys that were there, the Marv Levys, the Jim Kellys, and the list goes on and on. And you could tell the players were feeding off the Buffalo Bills history. Yes, it was a sanctuary from the week that we had. The Bills are a good football team, by the way."

Night Train
09-16-2014, 04:46 AM
Good read.

He's trying to rebound a bit, since his buddy JBJ didn't become the new owner and make Jaws team president (which was the plan).

But he grew up about 2 miles from the Ralph and is still a Bills fan.

Unfortunately, the Bills had the least national exposure of any game and the press focused on all the off field problems on the pre-game shows.

Skooby
09-16-2014, 04:57 AM
Good read.

He's trying to rebound a bit, since his buddy JBJ didn't become the new owner and make Jaws team president (which was the plan).

But he grew up about 2 miles from the Ralph and is still a Bills fan.

Unfortunately, the Bills had the least national exposure of any game and the press focused on all the off field problems on the pre-game shows.

You're being modest, we had no national exposure that day & the announcers were hired out of a local bar.

Aero II
09-16-2014, 05:27 AM
I heard Jaws make these statements on Mike & Mike. It was so refreshing to hear positive football talk, and to have Buffalo be front and center on a national platform after the week of significant negative news.

gebobs
09-16-2014, 05:44 AM
He still has to answer for playing for the Eagles. :-)

WagonCircler
09-16-2014, 06:09 AM
It's like living in Bizzarro World.

The rest of the league is in football hell and we're in football heaven.

It's about damn time.

djjimkelly
09-16-2014, 07:40 AM
It's like living in Bizzarro World.

The rest of the league is in football hell and we're in football heaven.

It's about damn time.

now if brady would go down for the season all would be right in the nfl i want to watch lol

gebobs
09-16-2014, 08:42 AM
now if brady would go down for the season all would be right in the nfl i want to watch lol

Didn't really pan out for us last time.

JoeMama
09-16-2014, 08:45 AM
Thank God. The never ending gossip surrounding off-the-field bull**** is unbearable on gameday.

I literally don't want anything non-football related interrupting my football Sunday. Ever.

I always get agitated when broader social issues are injected into gameday chatter. Whether it's wife-beating, child-abuse, 9-11, whatever. I should probably have some respect but I DO NOT CARE about anything other than the Bills when I'm in football mode.

Talk about that other stuff the six other days of the week. Do not disturb the only 3-4 precious hours a week I get with the Bills on Sunday.

stuckincincy
09-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Did the ever-acerbic Jaws acquire a ghost writer? :kid:

Historian
09-16-2014, 11:07 AM
On the news he even remembered his section row, and seat at War Memorial.

They showed a graphic of it, lol.