PDA

View Full Version : The first blackout of the Season?

better days
09-17-2014, 08:09 AM
I just read on Profootballtalk.com that the 2-0 Bengals are worried they won't reach the 85% of capacity for Sundays game against the Titans.

If that is the case, the game will be blacked out.

Last week the attendance was 58,574

Topas
09-17-2014, 08:21 AM
what is the size of their stadium. Was 58,574 only 86% or rather 99%?

Skooby
09-17-2014, 08:30 AM
Wow, that's really unbelievable.

better days
09-17-2014, 08:34 AM
what is the size of their stadium. Was 58,574 only 86% or rather 99%?

The capacity of Paul Brown Stadium is 65,535

gebobs
09-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Ridiculous. They barely made the deadline last week too. Forget the blackout. They should lose their franchise.

trapezeus
09-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Bon Jovi must be salivating at the possibility of Mike Brown passing on.

stuckincincy
09-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Ridiculous. They barely made the deadline last week too. Forget the blackout. They should lose their franchise.

Let it be a lesson about public funding for NFL stadiums...

Night Train
09-17-2014, 02:24 PM
From 2010 through 2011, they had a 11 game streak where 10 of the games were blacked out.

RedEyE
09-17-2014, 03:09 PM
My Dad and I went to the Bills at Cincy game a few years back. Dalton, AJ Green, Fitz, and the ruled no catch by Stevie Johnson.

We decided to go last minute. We got lower bowl 45 yard line seats at face value.

The limited fans they do have though are classy and a lot of fun to hang out with.

stuckincincy
09-17-2014, 03:24 PM
From 2010 through 2011, they had a 11 game streak where 10 of the games were blacked out.

Surprised it isn't more.

The stadium rip-off debacle, the team falsifying seating charts to kite PSL $, trying to sue PSL owners for 10 year's worth of season tix purchases, the 1991 - 2002 losing season run, Coach-for-life Marvin Lewis playoff failures, the (now in the past) rep of the team hiring low life who could play, and so on.

The owner has been trying to atone. His organization has certainly reached out to employ unusually troubled players (and it must be said, with an eye to a bargain) - the B'Gals and their players are an ethical bunch - their charity and civic activities are extensive, and have been for a long time. See the recent news about DT Still's daughter.

The AP/Rice situations also factor in.

better days
09-17-2014, 09:44 PM
Let it be a lesson about public funding for NFL stadiums...

Raymond James Stadium in Tampa was publicly funded.

Never had a problem selling out until the team really went into the dumpster.

And all games will be sold out this year at RJS.

Don't blame the Stadium, blame lack of fan support in Cinci with people like yourself living there that only look at stat sheets & never watch games.

SpikedLemonade
09-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Don't blame the Stadium, blame lack of fan support in Cinci with people like yourself living there that only look at stat sheets & never watch games.

Constipated again old man?

You miserable bastard.

better days
09-18-2014, 12:20 AM
Constipated again old man?

You miserable bastard.

DRUNK on your LADIES DRINK again are you?

Spiked Lemonade indeed.

stuckincincy
09-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Raymond James Stadium in Tampa was publicly funded.

Never had a problem selling out until the team really went into the dumpster.

And all games will be sold out this year at RJS.

I take it you have season tix for TB, tossing your support their way. Right?

better days
09-18-2014, 12:58 PM
I take it you have season tix for TB, tossing your support their way. Right?

Can't afford them & even if I could, my focus is on the Bills.

I always watch the Bills first.

My point was the Stadium being built with public money is not to blame.

Raymond James was built with public money, people had to pay the STUPID PSL FEE, Fans that had GOOD seats for years were screwed over, Prices rose in dramatic fashion.

Yet despite all that, the Bucs sold out for years after RJS was built. And people say Tampa is a POOR Sports town.

Tampa has the Bucs, Rays & Lightning.

Cinci has the Bengals & Reds. That Cinci can't put even 60,000 people into the seats to watch a GOOD,WINNING Bengals team is ridiculous.

That is on the fan base, not the Stadium.

stuckincincy
09-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Can't afford them & even if I could, my focus is on the Bills.

I always watch the Bills first.

My point was the Stadium being built with public money is not to blame.

Raymond James was built with public money, people had to pay the STUPID PSL FEE, Fans that had GOOD seats for years were screwed over, Prices rose in dramatic fashion.

Yet despite all that, the Bucs sold out for years after RJS was built. And people say Tampa is a POOR Sports town.

Tampa has the Bucs, Rays & Lightning.

Cinci has the Bengals & Reds. That Cinci can't put even 60,000 people into the seats to watch a GOOD,WINNING Bengals team is ridiculous.

That is on the fan base, not the Stadium.

Why do you think the fan base in CIN isn't forking over the $ to go to the game?

better days
09-18-2014, 01:20 PM
Why do you think the fan base in CIN isn't forking over the $ to go to the game?

Lack of interest

stuckincincy
09-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Lack of interest

Which is a growing interest by the NFL. Remember' last playoff season, IND, CIN, and GB PLAYOFF tix sales went down to the wire. GB, of all places...

I think folks are wising up to the fact that attendance at an NFL game isn't exactly pleasurable - having to stand all game long, obscenities,drunks, violence, in and outside the stadium, parking costs, concession costs, and so on.

These fans you prize for their support are often the very reason why others refuse to subject themselves or their friends and family members to said abuse. These "loyal" fans by their repellant behavior poison the next generation ofa ttendees that keeps the whole thing going.

You can stay home, watch network NFL games, purchase the various services for watching home games, sit home on your couch, not fight traffic, parking, pay outrageous concession prices (take 7 bucks for a beer and mulitlply it by 24, That $168 a case).

The fact that the public has to fork over their $ for public purchase of an NFL's teams' playpen adds to the reasons why you can feel like a sap by going to a game.

I think that there is not a sellout is a long-overdue reaction against getting gulled by a business that is based on playing on emotions, relies on folks like you to try to make them feel guilty for not fattening the wallets of the gang of 32, along the way become effectively albeit an unwitting amanuensis for their purpose.

Buffalogic
09-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Which is a growing interest by the NFL. Remember' last playoff season, IND, CIN, and GB PLAYOFF tix sales went down to the wire. GB, of all places...

I think folks are wising up to the fact that attendance at an NFL game isn't exactly pleasurable - having to stand all game long, obscenities,drunks, violence, in and outside the stadium, parking costs, concession costs, and so on.

These fans you prize for their support are often the very reason why others refuse to subject themselves or their friends and family members to said abuse. These "loyal" fans by their repellant behavior poison the next generation ofa ttendees that keeps the whole thing going.

You can stay home, watch network NFL games, purchase the various services for watching home games, sit home on your couch, not fight traffic, parking, pay outrageous concession prices (take 7 bucks for a beer and mulitlply it by 24, That $168 a case).

The fact that the public has to fork over their $ for public purchase of an NFL's teams' playpen adds to the reasons why you can feel like a sap by going to a game.

I think that there is not a sellout is a long-overdue reaction against getting gulled by a business that is based on playing on emotions, relies on folks like you to try to make them feel guilty for not fattening the wallets of the gang of 32, along the way become effectively albeit an unwitting amanuensis for their purpose.
The team has to play somewhere and if you enjoy the team and want them in your community, a few tax dollars are worth spending even if you never go to the stadium in my opinion.