PDA

View Full Version : What Are Kim and Terry Pegula Planning For The Buffalo Bills?

BillsImpossible
09-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Pending league owners papal approval/blessing, their purchase of the Buffalo Bills looks to be a done deal.

So what are Kim and Terry Pegula going to do with the Bills once it's official?

What kind of changes do you expect? On the field, I expect nothing. Off the field, I expect a lot.

Do you think they will announce plans for a new stadium now, or hold off on that idea for a few years?

I have a feeling that Kim and Terry are going to immediately announce their plans for a new, state of the art downtown stadium that will rival Jerry World and look a hell of a lot better.

Expect to see many more cranes across the Buffalo skyline in the very near future.

Why wait? The entire process of building a new stadium takes about 3 years.

If Kim and Terry Pegula wait another 5 years, the cost of building a new stadium only increases.

Along with a new stadium will come new hotels, new surrounding businesses, and thousands of new jobs.

I think Kim and Terry Pegula are smart enough to realize that if they spend the money on a new stadium, they will increase the value of their investment X 2 in less than 10 years.

As Bachman Turner Overdrive once said, "You ain't seen nothing yet."

BertSquirtgum
09-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Nothing will be announced until after the Bills win the Super Bowl this year.

BillsImpossible
09-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Nothing will be announced until after the Bills win the Super Bowl this year.

How will the people of Buffalo deal with success after losing for so long?

ckg927
09-17-2014, 07:37 PM
BI: Keep in mind that IF Pegs builds the Bills new stadium downtown, there are already 2 hotels within walking distance(Marriott Courtyard at 1 Canalside, and the upcoming Marriott HarborCenter). And I have no doubt more will be built.

BertSquirtgum
09-17-2014, 07:43 PM

Buffalo will shut down for a week for a week long street party.

Mace
09-17-2014, 08:08 PM
I don't really have a clue what they're going to do but I'm looking forward to finding out. Some guesses ....

You'll see a lot more of Bills alumni interacting with the community. They do so now but somehow just outside the umbrella of the organization. I can almost see a more official participation.

I don't expect to see anything regarding a new stadium that quick, within a year maybe. They need to chat up Poloncarz and Cuomo a bit. I think the chatting up will be very comfortable and everyone will be on the same page surprisingly fast once the ball starts rolling. I do believe it will be downtown-ish and great things for Pegula Inc and the City of Buffalo are ahead.

More enthusiasm on the field through the year. Imho, the Bills are in a better position than the Sabres were to compete in terms of the nature of both sports.

Status quo in the FO through the season, longer if they're successful. I'm curious what they'll do with Brandon and Overdorf. Brandon in terms of business side exclusively might be a keeper, as well as Overdorf in terms of contracts/cap if their roles are well defined.

Littman is obviously gone as a Wilson Inc. employee with a new CFO coming in.

It's fun to daydream about, the possibilities are dazzling, even off the field and for the city. It's so much fun, I keep having to remind myself the Pegulas actually ARE buying the team, actually DO love Buffalo, actually HAVE invested in it, and haven't been indicted for anything yet or jumped into more scandal than tweets from their kids that make me laugh when I hear of them.

Seems too good to be true and I keep waiting for something bad to happen.

MikeInRoch
09-17-2014, 08:10 PM

I'm running naked down the street.

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2014, 08:12 PM
I'm running naked down the street.

God.

Now I am conflicted who to root for.........

Dr. Lecter
09-17-2014, 08:12 PM
I can't wait for them to go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl and then log on Monday to read Fletch's thread on how ****ty the team is.

That will be the best

jimmifli
09-17-2014, 08:32 PM
I can't wait for them to go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl and then log on Monday to read Fletch's thread on how ****ty the team is.

That will be the best
51-3 "The defense is hugely overrated, can you believe they gave up a field goal to Oakland. Garbage."
Comeback. "This is why I've never been sold on Kelly. He just doesn't have "it". Sure it was a nice comeback, but we'll get killed next week when Kelly returns"

Ed
09-17-2014, 08:42 PM
I think it's going to take them some time to learn about the team and how the league works. I really wouldn't expect any sweeping changes regardless of how the team does. They're probably going to want to observe the whole process of an off-season and get a feel for things before they decide on what/who they think works/doesn't work.

better days
09-17-2014, 09:28 PM
I have heard that Sabres players have been telling Bills players how Great the Pegula's are as owners.

I expect players such as CJ Spiller & Marcell Dareus to be resigned.

Jry44
09-17-2014, 10:19 PM
If the way that he has run the Sabres is any indication, I think you're going to see him absolutely recruit the hell out of potential free agents. I never will forget how he and his wife boarded a plan to Calgary to talk Robyn Reiger into waiving his no trade clause to accept a trade to the Sabres. Or how he went to Toronto to recruit Brad Richards.

Although Darcy Reiger screwed him by running the Sabres into the ground, Pegula did his part in luring the talent here that Darcy and Lindy Ruff wanted, paying for it, and investing into the facilities to attract the players. He also gave Darcy everything he needed without any handcuffs to prove himself, but he couldn't, so Pegula cleaned house without any hesitations.

Although the Sabres were bad last season, they are so loaded with young talent and high end draft picks in the next few years that the team is going to be pretty damn good for a long time. This is what I see him doing with the Bills. I see him making Buffalo a place to where coaches and players will want to come again. I see him enhancing the facilities to lure and keep players, while also investing heavily into scouting ( He gave Reiger a blank check for scouting resources). This guy will be a game changer for the way this franchise has been perceived!

PromoTheRobot
09-17-2014, 10:27 PM

BillsZone will likely have to shut down.

Night Train
09-18-2014, 03:23 AM
BillsZone will likely have to shut down.

Winnning would be an unmitigated disaster !

Topas
09-18-2014, 04:25 AM

I think that is actually a problem. I think after winning several Super Bowls the Bills will be considered on the same level as the 70s Steelers and us Bills fans will become arrogant bricks, similar to Cowboys and more recently Patriots fans.
Looking forward to it ... :-)

Fletch
09-18-2014, 05:05 AM
Seems too good to be true and I keep waiting for something bad to happen.

Obviously I agree with that. Still, if he doesn't do something about the front office then a lot of this emotion is wasted and for naught. The stadium and pr stuff isn't the priority, the priority is putting people in place to make us a winner, not the perennial losers and joke telling material we've become.

This season aside which we disagree on right now.

YardRat
09-18-2014, 05:46 AM
He has to acquire the land first.

Fletch
09-18-2014, 06:14 AM

Sounds like a mere formality with him. I'm sure that the community would bend over backwards to assist him in doing so.

Money for the stadium does not appear to an issue at all. By the way that this process has gone it seems like he will fund the entire thing by himself if necessary.

trapezeus
09-18-2014, 09:41 AM
i suspect his advisers on the sale have a structure of how the team's internal affairs should be set up. and that those people will assume some senior roles with the bills. of course, if the bills have the excitement of our current 2-0 record on OCt 8, the pegulas probably won't do anything substantive until after the season is over.

I really don't see brandon in the cards. he was part of the trust, he was wilson's smithers. he got way too much credit for marketing the bills. this is a role that can be filled by a younger, cheaper person. no way brandon should be an executive for overseeing 14 years of pure crap.

Historian
09-19-2014, 09:08 AM
I have heard that Sabres players have been telling Bills players how Great the Pegula's are as owners.

At the games, I sit next to a young guy who, as a part time job, works at the arena in one of the suites.

All he does is make sure everything is up to snuff for whomever is in the box that night.

He was telling me how generous the Pegula's are...Christmas parties...Christmas bonuses, go to the table and pick out your prize:

Gee, do I take the 40 inch Hitachi, or the Onkyo receiver?

Warmest, friendliest, generous, most down to earth people he's ever met.

Bodes well for the Bills and the future.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-19-2014, 09:10 AM
God.

Now I am conflicted who to root for.........

Could be worse, could be me running naked down the street.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-19-2014, 09:13 AM
51-3 "The defense is hugely overrated, can you believe they gave up a field goal to Oakland. Garbage."
Comeback. "This is why I've never been sold on Kelly. He just doesn't have "it". Sure it was a nice comeback, but we'll get killed next week when Kelly returns"

Yeah, Kelly's first game back we only won 29-10 at Miami for the AFC championship. I mean we struggled in the redzone all game long and we allowed 10 points to the Dolphins. What is wrong with you people, we really should have went after Todd Blackledge or Tony Eason.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-19-2014, 09:15 AM
I think that is actually a problem. I think after winning several Super Bowls the Bills will be considered on the same level as the 70s Steelers and us Bills fans will become arrogant bricks, similar to Cowboys and more recently Patriots fans.
Looking forward to it ... :-)

I for one will be there to remind people that the Bills were only founded in 2013, much like Pats fans know that New England only started playing football in 2001. :D

WagonCircler
09-19-2014, 09:30 AM

That's where Schumer and the Stadium commission come in. Even Paladino, who owns much of the land near the Perry Projects, agrees that dealing with the State of NY for that one parcel of land would be the easiest and most efficient path.

There's no way T-Pegs dropped $1.4 BIL to keep the Bills out in the middle of nowhere. The Bills are part of a much bigger plan for Pegulaville.

Ten years from now Buffalo's harbor will look like Baltimore's.