• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

What the national media are saying about the Bills

ok, I've tried for the past week not to be a homer, but I can't help it. I'm so freakin' excited about this season it's not even funny. I know it can all come crashing down quickly, but until then...

This article kinda summarizes what's been written about the Bills since last Sunday. Freakin' fun.

My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: What the national media are saying about the Bills

Count me in on the homer train too
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

The press will also dump us faster than a bad habit, once we suffer a couple losses.

Still, this doesn't look like smoke and mirrors this time around ( barring injuries ).

Bring on the Chargers. I like every weekly test now.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

press will also build if the team starts having a story book year past week 6. underdog, death of owner, maybe move in future, hero buyer puts everyone at ease and the poor preseason has lots of doubts, lots of fighting and not a lot of people believing. That's the kind of story the nfl would love to keep hyping if the team can keep winning.

to me, if the bills beat SD with a level of confidence and you see EJ step forward with another mistake free game, the bills have a very good chance to be 5-3 or 6-2 at the bye. that would be very exciting.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Good or bad, I don't put much creedence in what the national media says about us.

The national media is looking for viewers/readers. We're a small market team that traditionally lacks big stars and hasn't been relevant in the standings in 15 years or so. They don't pay attention to us because no one except current or former WNY'ers gives a damn, and there aren't enough of us to make it worth their while.

When we do have a moment that is too big to ignore, they half-ass it and get more wrong than they do right. There is nothing the national media can tell us that the regular posters on this board don't already know.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

I think people have heard more about Jim Kelly getting fixed than the Bills being 2-0, which is just fine with me being under the radar. No one had big hitting Seattle winning it all last year.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              Good or bad, I don't put much creedence in what the national media says about us.

The national media is looking for viewers/readers. We're a small market team that traditionally lacks big stars and hasn't been relevant in the standings in 15 years or so. They don't pay attention to us because no one except current or former WNY'ers gives a damn, and there aren't enough of us to make it worth their while.

When we do have a moment that is too big to ignore, they half-ass it and get more wrong than they do right. There is nothing the national media can tell us that the regular posters on this board don't already know.
              You live in Baltimore, is there anything they can tell Ravens fans that they already don't know? I think the national media is just for the average fans who don't really pay attention as well as pretending to cater to us more hardcore fans with lipservice.

There are a few outstanding analysts on TV and Radio, but they are rare.

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

If the NFL truly is a "fixed" league ... expect us to win it all this year.

We are what the NFL wants to be. Rabid, die-hard, and relieved that we are keeping our beloved team.

Forget Ray Rice, That scub on the Cards, AP, and everyone else. The NFL should keep the spotlight on the feel good story of, at least, the last decade.
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                  You live in Baltimore, is there anything they can tell Ravens fans that they already don't know? I think the national media is just for the average fans who don't really pay attention as well as pretending to cater to us more hardcore fans with lipservice.

There are a few outstanding analysts on TV and Radio, but they are rare.
                  Diehard ravens fans? Probably not. But the Ravens won the SB two years ago and they always have some stars, so there is interest outside of Baltimore. So the national media pays attention and generally gets it right when they talk about the team.

When they talk abou Buffalo, it's a quick inaccurate report followed by some played out joke about the snow.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

national media said we'd lose to bears and fins. Nuff said
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

not a good sign. Some of the espn guys are picking the bills/

Visit ESPN to view NFL Expert Picks for the current week and season

same with cbs.

nfl.com
                      Will the 2-0 Arizona Cardinals get an early-season jump on the 49ers in the NFC West on Sunday? Find out who the Around The NFL team thinks will triumph in all of Week 3's games.

yahoos
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Swiper
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        national media said we'd lose to bears and fins. Nuff said
                        But if they beat the Chargers. Wow.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                          But if they beat the Chargers. Wow.
                          I'm not sold until we beat the cheatriots
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

same with cbs.

nfl.com
                            Will the 2-0 Arizona Cardinals get an early-season jump on the 49ers in the NFC West on Sunday? Find out who the Around The NFL team thinks will triumph in all of Week 3's games.

yahoos
                            http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/picks
                            And see this is exactly what I'm talking about.

We sucked last year and in preseason, so none of these guys bothered to watch us. They just played the odds and picked us to lose.

Now that we won a few games, they just look at the highlights and the stats, said "this team is hot right now" and picked us.

I have to wonder how many, if any, of these guys watched both Bills games and both Chargers games and actually made their prediction based on how they thought the two teams matched up.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

same with cbs.

nfl.com

yahoos
                              http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/picks
                              Ah. They're just hopping on the bandwagon. That's all.

Comment

Working...
                              X