PDA

View Full Version : Trio of rookies key part of Bills 2-0 start

Woodman
09-18-2014, 09:32 AM
The Buffalo Bills have a hat trick of rookies playing big roles in their 2-0 start.
Not surprisingly, first-round pick Sammy Watkins is one of them. The other two came to Western New York with significantly less fanfare, but nevertheless have been integral contributors.
Linebacker Preston Brown, a third-round selection, and right tackle Seantrel Henderson, a seventh-round steal, have both taken every snap so far.
“I thought I’d just be on special teams. Maybe I’d work my way in on situational defenses, goal line, something like that. I never knew I’d be playing so much,” Brown said of his expectations back in the spring after being drafted. “I’m just trying to take it in stride and learn as much as possible.”
Brown is the only Bills defender to have taken every snap this season. He ranks tied for third in the NFL with 20 tackles and is one of 32 players to have a fumble recovery through the first two weeks.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/trio-of-rookies-key-part-of-bills-2-0-start-20140917?two-bills-drive

Brick by brick!!

Skooby
09-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Brown is playing great.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-18-2014, 10:06 AM
Brown is playing great.
Don't know I'd use the word "great." BUT definitely improvement over week one. To me that's all you should/could ask for.

Looking back, pretty sure this is what Whaley and Co. planned: sign Spikes for one year and draft one (relatively high) to groom. Kiko's injury accelerated Brown's time table. Looks like though we are on target for a Bradham-Brown-Alonzo LB corp for years to come.

Goobylal
09-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Brown played WLB against Miami whereas he played SLB against the Bears.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Brown played WLB against Miami whereas he played SLB against the Bears.
He was. But He's ear marked to play MLB when Kiko returns.

Goobylal
09-18-2014, 10:46 AM
He was. But He's ear marked to play MLB when Kiko returns.
Yep. But I want to know what they do with him when Rivers returns.