PDA

View Full Version : It startles as H-word is uttered by Collins

Mace
09-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Sharp as a superball, goodnight sweet Chris.

Asked why he raised the issue, Collins said: “It wasn’t prepared. It was ad-libbed. But I just couldn’t help myself.

Not like he made his money with companies kicking out industrial waste and every one might look closer at it. Let's frack, just don't embrace the results unless Collins can do it too, not like he represents the greater good of the people or anything when it comes to a chance to make a statement on something he wished he'd thought of first and gotten in early on.

Oh yes, it was a social statement that hadn't occurred to him previous because um, as a tea party darling you want everyone thinking about stuff you don't want them thinking about until you tell them about it and they agree with you.

Skooby
09-18-2014, 10:10 PM
Foghorn Leghorn: The Boy's about as sharp as a bag of wet mice.

coastal
09-18-2014, 10:14 PM
How often do you do drugs?

bleve
09-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Did you play a lot under high voltage power lines?

Meathead
09-19-2014, 02:47 AM
How often do you do drugs?

and can i buy some off you

swiper
09-19-2014, 04:52 AM
WTF are U talking about?

YardRat
09-19-2014, 05:04 AM
WTF are U talking about?

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/washington-politics/h-word-by-collins-has-expats-groaning-20140918

Night Train
09-19-2014, 05:33 AM
Timing is everything... but Politicians as a whole are usually too self absorbed to have a pulse on how the common man sees him/her.

WagonCircler
09-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Good for you, Chris Collins. Good for you.

RedEyE
09-19-2014, 09:54 AM
Good for you, Pegula. Good for you.

RedEyE
09-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Politicians often fight the fight for those that adequately fatten their pockets the most.

My guess is that Collins is all butt hurt for never receiving a check from Pegula.

WagonCircler
09-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Politicians often fight the fight for those that adequately fatten their pockets the most.

My guess is that Collins is all butt hurt for never receiving a check from Pegula.

I don't think Collins was being critical of Pegula. Not at all. He was bashing Cuomo for the ban on hydrofracturing.

RedEyE
09-19-2014, 10:45 AM
I don't think Collins was being critical of Pegula. Not at all. He was bashing Cuomo for the ban on hydrofracturing.
Yep. You're right. Missed that the first tine.

BillsImpossible
09-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Isn't it just a tad bit ironic that a man who made billions off of a business investment based on natural resources is now the owner of a team with a fan base that is 180 political degrees different than he is?

WagonCircler
09-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Isn't it just a tad bit ironic that a man who made billions off of a business investment based on natural resources is now the owner of a team with a fan base that is 180 political degrees different than he is?

Stop assuming everyone believes the same things you do.

swiper
09-20-2014, 09:46 AM

Again. Let's hydrofrack on your property.

stuckincincy
09-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Sharp as a superball, goodnight sweet Chris.

Not like he made his money with companies kicking out industrial waste and every one might look closer at it. Let's frack, just don't embrace the results unless Collins can do it too, not like he represents the greater good of the people or anything when it comes to a chance to make a statement on something he wished he'd thought of first and gotten in early on.

Oh yes, it was a social statement that hadn't occurred to him previous because um, as a tea party darling you want everyone thinking about stuff you don't want them thinking about until you tell them about it and they agree with you.

Does he own zinc mines like the Nobel Prize-winning Mr. Inconvenient Truth does?

Goobylal
09-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Is the fan base opposed to fracking? Or just their elected officials?

sudzy
09-20-2014, 11:11 AM
He was bashing Cuomo for the ban on hydrofracturing.

Why would New York State jobs here? We'll just make welfare more available for it's residents.

stuckincincy
09-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Why would New York State jobs here? We'll just make welfare more available for it's residents.

Here's the latest vote-getting plan:

http://www.liberalforum.org/index.php?/topic/167363-republicans-furious-as-dem-govs-find-way-around-food-stamp-cuts/

Novacane
09-20-2014, 12:06 PM

No because the fan base is not 180 different that him politically.

Novacane
09-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Again. Let's hydrofrack on your property.

They can frak on mine!

stuckincincy
09-20-2014, 12:44 PM
They can frak on mine!
Same here.

Here is this nugget:

http://www.morningjournal.com/general-news/20140917/ohio-supreme-court-mineral-rights-include-strip-mining-option

Famous Amos
09-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Mace is a modern day James Joyce.

stuckincincy
09-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Mace is a modern day James Joyce.

What has he published?

Mace
09-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Oh, so I forgot the link and drank a lot that night on an empty stomach before my concise social commentary , as if I must be confused, do drugs and play under power lines ? I didn't realize I stumbled into the Oxford University Chapel of priest scholars.

To answer the questions, don't ever expect me to know wtf I am talking about unless you agree with me as if I can even be expected to agree with myself, I do drugs whenever any are unfortunate enough to get near me, and yes, I not only play under high voltage power lines, I frequently sleep in a transformer station near a mall so I can get to work early with my squeegee and windex bottle full of dishsoap during the week.

Chris Collins just ticks me off regardless of whether or not he actually did anything that aggravates most people. I cleaned his windshield once and he paid me with an empty McDonald's bag.

Nothing else to see here, we'd all frack if it made us billionaires, move along.

Famous Amos
09-21-2014, 05:26 AM
What has he published?

Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake. I tried reading Ulysses when I was young and open minded in college and it made me want to peel my face off and feed it to the cat. He wrote in a stream of conscious style writing that makes little to no sense unless you study the book and hageba working knowledge of Joyce's made up words.

Then there's William S Burroughs who employed a cut up technique.

stuckincincy
09-21-2014, 06:03 AM
Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake. I tried reading Ulysses when I was young and open minded in college and it made me want to peel my face off and feed it to the cat. He wrote in a stream of conscious style writing that makes little to no sense unless you study the book and hageba working knowledge of Joyce's made up words.

Then there's William S Burroughs who employed a cut up technique.

I meant Mace...not Joyce.

Goobylal
09-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Here's the latest vote-getting plan:

http://www.liberalforum.org/index.php?/topic/167363-republicans-furious-as-dem-govs-find-way-around-food-stamp-cuts/
Things will be great when we're all on welfare.

stuckincincy
09-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Things will be great when we're all on welfare.

The system is infinitely playable.

You just adjust your income with part-time work, so that you get food stamps, heat assistance, rent assistance, free land line phone, free cellphone, MediCade, free cable tv, free internet, a couple of thousand bucks' worth of earned income credit, free training, free transportation vouchers, and so on. You can also work out a deal with an elderly person or a phony disability claiment to get home health care money, and in certain sections of cities, you pay a fee to what is called a "Grandma", which is a clearing house for claiming dependents. That jacks everything up.

And you want to be a part-time short-order cook or a waiter or waitress. That way, you can fine-tune income to maximize the free stuff. Waiter/waitress is best, so you can lie about real income. And you want to drift in an out of this or that job, so if you are ever questioned about anything, you can tell a sob story.

Here's the earned income calculator:

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/tax-planning/earned-income-tax-credit-calculator.aspx

I don't understand this push to raise minimum wage. That just complicates the calculations and you don't want to go over this or that threshold. Oh - don't forget about claiming that your kid has ADHD or autism or allergies or whatever. That's another potential source of free gravy, and your kid can terrorize other students and beat up teachers without worry.

All you have to do for this is vote for the correct party. They will provide free transportation to the polling place for you, too. :surf: