PDA

View Full Version : US Defense Secretary Wants To Look In To The Military's Relationship With The NFL

BillsImpossible
09-19-2014, 06:52 PM
My, "This is getting weird, something is going on behind the scenes," meter just peaked.

https://twitter.com/cnnadam/status/512965178376589312

Adam Levine Tweeted that US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has asked his staff for detailed info about the US military's relationship with the NFL.

SAY What!!??

What's really going on? Why would the Secretary of Defense be wasting time and resources investigating the NFL!!??

Doesn't Chuck Hagel have more important things to be doing right now?

I hate politics, but come on!! Every resource available to the Secretary of Defense should be concentrating on more pertinent matters.

On a related note, Vice President Joe Biden just made a comment about the NFL that is equally disturbing.

"The NFL ain't seen nothing yet. They have no idea what they've just bought onto."

What the hell does that mean? I know that the VP is a gaffe making machine in his own right, but Biden found time to make sure the NFL heard him loud and clear telling them they have no idea...

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/joe-biden-the-nfl-ain-t-seen-nothin-yet-20140919

Why is the freaking Secretary of Defense investigating the military's relationship with the NFL, and why is the Vice President of the United States publicly saying the NFL doesn't know what they're doing?

Don't they have bigger fish to fry? Shouldn't they be more concerned with things that actually matter, instead of an entertainment business?

Goobylal
09-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Par for the course with this joke of an administration.

Skooby
09-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Those tax breaks are going away, the NFL is hiding too much stuff.

BillsImpossible
09-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Hollywood film producers and directors have had many business relationships with the US military.

The media itself has a relationship with the DoD.

The NFL has a business relationship with the US military...in advertising. Navy commercials, Marines commercials, Army, Air Force.

Did the US military have anything to do with Super Bowl 25 in Tampa Bay? More than likely, yes, thank God.

Watching US military jets fly over stadiums just prior to kickoff is freaking awesome, and I'm sure the NFL had to coordinate that with the military, so...

WTF is wrong with that?

I'm sick and tired of the media's NFL anal probe.

They should stick it up their own ass and start concentrating on an economy on the verge of depression.

ServoBillieves
09-19-2014, 07:31 PM
This is no longer a circus... it's a bona fide ****ing cartoon.

RedEyE
09-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Our borders are caving in with illegals and terrorists. The economy and the banking industry is an international circle jerk. The national medical system is seriously flawed. Teachers, law enforcement, and fire fighters are all under paid. ISIS. Al Quieda. Syria. Russia. North Korea. Iran. Iraq. Isreal. Ebola. Etc....etc.....etc.etc..etc...and this **** stick of an administration wants to invest time and money in the NFL?!!??

YardRat
09-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Hopefully they connect Osama, ISIS, Bob Kraft and Tom Brady all together.

BillsImpossible
09-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Our borders are caving in with illegals and terrorists. The economy and the banking industry is an international circle jerk. The national medical system is seriously flawed. Teachers, law enforcement, and fire fighters are all under paid. ISIS. Al Quieda. Syria. Russia. North Korea. Iran. Iraq. Isreal. Ebola. Etc....etc.....etc.etc..etc...and this **** stick of an administration wants to invest time and money in the NFL?!!??

I seriously doubt that Chuck Hagel spends 90 hours a week on game preparation like NFL coaches do.

Maybe the DoD should start consulting with the NFL on how to put in long hours and preparation time to defeat an enemy?

RedEyE
09-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Hopefully they connect Osama, ISIS, Bob Kraft and Tom Brady all together.

lol. Throw in Belicheat and you have yourself a deal.

Ed
09-19-2014, 10:08 PM
I just hope we beat the Chargers. Go Bills!

sudzy
09-20-2014, 05:26 AM
Those tax breaks are going away, the NFL is hiding too much stuff.

If anyone should be paying there share, it's the NFL. That is a money making machine. And we are all paying for it, whether you go to games or not. Just go buy a pair of Nike's. Then they blackmail cities into building new stadiums. Goodell threatened Buffalo that a new stadium would be need to keep the Bills in Buffalo, after Erie county and New York State just dumped $130 million into the Ralph. Don't let the door hit you in the ass Roger.

gebobs
09-20-2014, 07:12 AM
and this **** stick of an administration wants to invest time and money in the NFL?!!??
No, they want to stop doing flyovers, honor guards, etc. the like to start the games. Why give the NFL these freebies?

DraftBoy
09-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Talk about much ado about nothing. This is about pre-game flyovers and color guards.

coastal
09-20-2014, 07:28 AM
Much ado about nothing.

in every NFL ame there is a direct link to the military!

again... Part of the American culture!

much ado about nothing?

Quite the opposite... much ado about everything.

DraftBoy
09-20-2014, 07:33 AM
Much ado about nothing.

in every NFL ame there is a direct link to the military!

again... Part of the American culture!

much ado about nothing?

Quite the opposite... much ado about everything.

No not at all actually. You can go down your indoctrination road but its all conjecture and opinion and lacks actual tangible evidence.

swiper
09-20-2014, 07:36 AM
Par for the course with this joke of an administration.

Hagel is a Republican.

EricStratton
09-20-2014, 08:18 AM
From what is talked about on the radio nearly every company that does advertising or has a relationship with the NFL is examining the deals they have.

The Military is no different.

coastal
09-20-2014, 09:31 AM
No not at all actually. You can go down your indoctrination road but its all conjecture and opinion and lacks actual tangible evidence.
No... actually.

from the NFL's own site...

http://www.nfl.com/salute

Supporting the military is part of the fabric of the NFL. This support takes place both at home and abroad, with NFL players and coaches traveling overseas to salute the troops, as well as with team recognition of our servicemen and women through the Salute to Service campaign.

swiper
09-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Draftboy owned. Again.

DraftBoy
09-21-2014, 06:50 AM
No... actually.

from the NFL's own site...

http://www.nfl.com/salute

Supporting the military is part of the fabric of the NFL. This support takes place both at home and abroad, with NFL players and coaches traveling overseas to salute the troops, as well as with team recognition of our servicemen and women through the Salute to Service campaign.

Like I said its conjecture and opinion that lacks actual tangible evidence. You're taking what the NFL posted in order to get people to like the NFL more as evidence of some widespread indoctrination of culture. You're making a huge leap and what's worse is that you know all of this already. The only thing the NFL wants to indoctrinate into people is to spend more money on their products. They will use women, children, the military, and anybody else they can think of to further this process.

coastal
09-21-2014, 07:03 AM
Like I said its conjecture and opinion that lacks actual tangible evidence. You're taking what the NFL posted in order to get people to like the NFL more as evidence of some widespread indoctrination of culture. You're making a huge leap and what's worse is that you know all of this already. The only thing the NFL wants to indoctrinate into people is to spend more money on their products. They will use women, children, the military, and anybody else they can think of to further this process.
Normally you're smart. Then you go full-blown deep from time to time

i can't even argue with you here.

It is what it is.

tomz
09-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Normally you're smart. Then you go full-blown deep from time to time

i can't even argue with you here.

It is what it is.

While watching the pregame in the stands and my fellow fans' reactions, I have had the sensation that we are uncomfortably close to being ready to accept a military state. Nationalist mania. Creepy to me, and I do love my country for all its warts.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-21-2014, 09:45 AM
The NFL is using the military to cloak itself in patriotism and make more money. The military is using the NFL to make it appear cool and attract more recruits. This deal isn't exclusive to either party.

stuckincincy
09-21-2014, 10:12 AM
The NFL is using the military to cloak itself in patriotism and make more money. The military is using the NFL to make it appear cool and attract more recruits. This deal isn't exclusive to either party.

IIRC, they've backed down from NASCAR sponsorship. They would set up informational kiosks for recruitment purposes but found out that it wasn't effective and folks just showed to get the free trinkets.

YardRat
09-21-2014, 10:17 AM
IIRC, they've backed down from NASCAR sponsorship. They would set up informational kiosks for recruitment purposes but found out that it wasn't effective and folks just showed to get the free trinkets.

Turns out it was too costly trying to teach recruits how to turn the tank to the right.