Mr. Cynical
09-21-2014, 01:36 PM
This just in. He sucks.

Crisis
09-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Gillmore is worse.

EricStratton
09-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Should they get rid of him now or wait until the game is over?

Mr. Cynical
09-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Now is good .

Mr. Cynical
09-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Once again graham proves he should be starting every snap.

coastal
09-21-2014, 02:12 PM
Dumb.

kingJofNYC
09-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Scheme is ****, McKelvin played in this D before and he was garbage, he's just not a good zone, or corner period.

we miss Pettine.

X-Era
09-21-2014, 06:53 PM
The whole secondary can go after this game... Which makes me wonder if it wasn't actually the schemes that Schwartz called up

The Jokeman
09-21-2014, 06:55 PM
The whole secondary can go after this game... Which makes me wonder if it wasn't actually the schemes that Schwartz called up

Our Safeties were invisible today. It's easy to blame CBs but most teams don't leave CBs exposed one on one like we seemed to be doing today.

Night Train
09-21-2014, 06:58 PM
I like Aaron Williams and Graham in our secondary. Searcy has made some nice plays.

But McKelvin and Gilmore are getting torched and killing us.

Does McKelvin ever not bite on the WR's initial move ? This must improve.

Scumbag College
09-21-2014, 08:55 PM
Gilmore was abused today and was definitely the defensive LVP.

It didn't help the DBs that the pass rush was almost nonexistent all day.

Historian
09-22-2014, 05:47 AM
I would have expected that Gilmore have adjusted to the pro game by now, but he just flat out sucks.

Complete waste of a first round pick.

Perhaps its good we don't have a first next year...this scouting staff would only botch the pick anyways.

Fletch
09-22-2014, 06:48 AM
This just in. He sucks.

This just in, he's sucked for years in anything other than a return role.

Just because people have argued oppositely because of last season doesn't change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Should they get rid of him now or wait until the game is over?

LOL

Fletch
09-22-2014, 06:53 AM
Scheme is ****, McKelvin played in this D before and he was garbage, he's just not a good zone, or corner period.

we miss Pettine.

We do miss Pettine?

We had tons of sacks and INTs but still couldn't prevent teams from passing on us. Last season we allowed 28 passing TDs, so far we have allowed 5 and are on pace to do no worse.

In other news our running defense has done a marvelous job of shutting down Donald Brown, Lamar Miller, and Damien Williams.

Mr. Cynical
11-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Bump. And then there's this. Asshat.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11848913/leodis-mckelvin-says-buffalo-bills-beat-miami-dolphins

!Papacrunk!
11-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Well no need to play the game then, if you ask Leodis

X-Era
11-09-2014, 07:11 PM
I like keeping vet backups.

But he is only worthy of a backup spot. We need a #2 CB... time to go drafting...

X-Era
11-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Our Safeties were invisible today. It's easy to blame CBs but most teams don't leave CBs exposed one on one like we seemed to be doing today.
Schwartz seems to be running zone coverage almost exclusively.

No idea why we can't run man more. Some school me here. Tired of watching guys be wide open so often.

YardRat
11-09-2014, 07:56 PM
McKelvin wears his heart on his sleeve, that's pretty obvious by his behavior on the field. Wish he wouldn't give up bulletin board fodder, though...he better back it up, big-time.

He's hot and cold...has been all year...and we see it. Just look back at the post game threads...one week game ball, the next goat. The one thing that is overlooked apparently is how consistently well Gilmore has been playing. He is far from sucking, and rarely gets thrown at.

As far as man vs zone, I don't see it. Schwartz plays a lot of man on the outside, which leads to many of the type of completions that we saw McKelvin give up today to Bowe. He is prone to go to zone, though, when down and distance dictates giving them the underneath stuff, especially on third downs.

Mike13
11-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Bump. And then there's this. Asshat.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11848913/leodis-mckelvin-says-buffalo-bills-beat-miami-dolphins

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand thread is now bookmarked.

Novacane
11-09-2014, 08:12 PM
dumb as a brick

coastal
11-10-2014, 06:04 AM
I wouldn't have Leodis on PR or KR. He doesn't have the capacity to make decisions in situations like that.

as far as hating his CB performance yesterday... an extremely physical Dwayne Bowe caught 3 or 4 10-15 yard passes on him... one of which was a zone over/under.

he has been the most consistent performer in our secondary over the past three years, and I'm glad he's a Bill.

Fletch
11-10-2014, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't have Leodis on PR or KR. He doesn't have the capacity to make decisions in situations like that.

as far as hating his CB performance yesterday... an extremely physical Dwayne Bowe caught 3 or 4 10-15 yard passes on him... one of which was a zone over/under.

he has been the most consistent performer in our secondary over the past three years, and I'm glad he's a Bill.

You are aware that he's been one of the best returners that this team has ever seen, right?

Are you also aware that over the last three seasons as a starter he's averaged 1 INT and about 10 PDs per season?

Mahdi
11-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Leodis was good in coverage. He needs to stay there and NOT on punt return. He has unsure hands, that is obvious by now.

Mr. Cynical
11-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Whatever good he brings is more than offset by the bad. Key fumbles, trash talking, giving up big plays hurt more than his good play on average (PDs, etc.) I don't think Pegula is going to put up with that stuff so I expect a lot of change in the offseason, which is a good thing imo.

DesertFox24
11-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Hysterical he is a very good corner. Adults remove emotion and use facts before making statements or doing anything.

That is a free tip

better days
11-13-2014, 06:41 AM
You are aware that he's been one of the best returners that this team has ever seen, right?

Are you also aware that over the last three seasons as a starter he's averaged 1 INT and about 10 PDs per season?

You are aware than McKelvin cost the Bills two games with his fumbles right?

That is not the work of a GOOD returner.

But he is a GOOD CB.

Keep him on defense & put someone with better hands on special teams as others have said.

coastal
11-13-2014, 06:45 AM
I'm aware that Fletch's mom can get me the meatloaf.