I wish EJ had thrown stupid INT. instead of missing open WR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

I wish EJ had thrown stupid INT. instead of missing open WR.

He could learn from bad decisions and correct them. I'm not sure a QB can learn to be accurate. His performance today was pretty discouraging.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: I wish EJ had thrown stupid INT. instead of missing open WR.

Accuracy can not be taught.
    Either you have it or you don't.

How long has EJ played QB in his life?

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

He doesn't have the balls to make a close throw. WR has to be wide open, it has to be a checkdown, or a long pass that is 15 yards overthrown for him to let it go.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Imo, Ejs ceiling is that of a slighty above average at best. I can't see him ever becoming a great qb.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

I think we have seen his ceiling.

Comment

• colin
            Drew's my hero!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
            He doesn't have the balls to make a close throw. WR has to be wide open, it has to be a checkdown, or a long pass that is 15 yards overthrown for him to let it go.
            see, i don't even think this the case. in the last garbage drive, where the td doesn't matter so there is no pressure, he threw a ball into the dirt, and then a fade to williams way out of bounds. imo he's not a natural passer or qb, so he is mechanically going through what he is supposed to be doing, and that makes his throws unnatural. i don' think the problem is he's afraid (he might be, that's not nearly the big issue here) the problem is combining the acts of reading a D, going through his progressions, avoiding the rush, and throwing is simply too much. we need to move him back to the one read tuck and run stuff. he's not capable of having the game on his shoulders.

Comment

• Cleve
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              Imo, Ejs ceiling is that of a slighty above average at best. I can't see him ever becoming a great qb.
              He will be about mid-pack in the NFL. But he's certainly not what the Bills desperately need - a true FRANCHISE QB ala Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, and the list goes on and on.

Manuel is legacy baggage that's been unfortunately carried over from the Ralph Wilson Jr/Chan Gailey/Buddy Nix Era (along with Whaley and Brandon too, unfortunately). The team needs to realize it's an error, cut their losses and move on.
              Last edited by Cleve; 09-21-2014, 03:35 PM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cleve View Post
                He will be about mid-pack in the NFL. But he's certainly not what the Bills desperately need - a true FRANCHISE QB ala Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, and the list goes on and on.

Manuel is legacy baggage that's been unfortunately carried over from the Ralph Wilson Jr/Chan Gailey/Buddy Nix Era (along with Whaley and Brandon too, unfortunately). The team needs to realize it's an error, cut their losses and move on.

I'd take middle of the pack.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                  • Feb 2006

EJ's ceiling is Chad Henne.

Comment

• BOBM253
                    elite QB
                    • Aug 2010

To me, he looks like a bad third string QB, hoping to hang onto a team. I see no natural ability, real accuracy or football smarts, at least not at this point in his career.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                      Accuracy can not be taught.
                      Either you have it or you don't.

How long has EJ played QB in his life?
                      accuracy can be taught. When steve young came out of college he was just as scattershot as EJ. the difference was Steve Young had the desire and drive to perfect his game. The problem is one of repetition. EJ needs to want to do it badly enough that he's willing to be coached on how to do it, and then put in a few years of practice to get it right. Its a lot easier to teach accuracy when you've got a young qb who can sit on the bench for a few years. I've done it a number of time working with my players. Listen, just watching ej i usually can tell when he's going to throw an accurate pass and when it's going to be junk, his mechanics are all over the place. sometimes he does it right (usually when he feels he needs to gun a pass into a tight window, when he has to put mustard on the football, and has a pocket to step into his mechanics get a lot better, so does his accuracy), but mostly he's always had a strong somewhat accurate arm (for the level of ball he played), his problem is when he thinks a guy is open he relaxes a lot, and his form goes to hell.

I suspect it's a bad habit he got into when he was in high school, he probably had a lot of dropped passes when he really unleashed a hard one, so he unconsciously has learned to take a lot of power off the football. ~ which then lead to him refusing to trust his arm and stick the football in a tight window... and you have a QB who's hesitant, who's too afraid to make mistakes, and who doesn't trust his WR to catch a pass unless he hands the ball to him. THATS the type of thing i see when i watch EJ. Worse, he doesn't know how to throw in the wind. I've been watching him now for 2 seasons and the one thing i see is he still doesn't know how to deal with a head or tail wind, he doesn't seem to understand the importance of keeping the nose of the football down when throwing into a headwind... JP Losman actually understood this aspect of throwing a football in weather fairly well; the best i ever see do this was Jim Kelly, you could put him in a hurricane and he never seemed really effected.
                      Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-21-2014, 05:08 PM.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BOBM253 View Post
                        To me, he looks like a bad third string QB, hoping to hang onto a team. I see no natural ability, real accuracy or football smarts, at least not at this point in his career.

That's absurd.

Comment

Working...
                        X