PDA

View Full Version : Graham, post games....

Mace
09-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Interesting thing in the BN postgame, they mention Graham wants to start doesn't know why he isn't, and Gilmore asked about the CB rotation says "have to ask the coaches".

http://video.buffalonews.com/-Our-teams-takeaway-Chargers-22-Bills-10-26915759

I don't agree with Sullivan that Rivers is a future hall of famer, but...the defense seems unprepared.

SpikedLemonade
09-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Gilmore was over drafted.

We should have never drafted him that high.

Mace
09-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Gilmore was over drafted.

We should have never drafted him that high.

Or maybe McKelvin reverted. Dunno why they have a rotation where it is someone's "turn".

SpikedLemonade
09-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Or maybe McKelvin reverted. Dunno why they have a rotation where it is someone's "turn".

McKelvin has the physical talent but he is functionally ******ed.

Mace
09-21-2014, 06:21 PM

Comes and goes. Savant maybe. Can cover anyone like a blanket just not stop them from catching anything.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Gilmore this year has been brutal.

His coverage has been horrible and his tackling, if you want to call it that, made Deion Sanders look competent in tackling anyone.

McKelvin's season last year was obviously an anomaly as he's back to the guy he was when drafted.

Mace
09-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Gilmore this year has been brutal.

His coverage has been horrible and his tackling, if you want to call it that, made Deion Sanders look competent in tackling anyone.

McKelvin's season last year was obviously an anomaly as he's back to the guy he was when drafted.

In either case, not much point to have a rotation and not start Graham.

swiper
09-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Tim Graham is right about the pick plays. I couldn't get over all those pick plays. The Bills were absolutely burned by them. And there was not much, if any, adjustment to them at halftime.

Mace
09-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Tim Graham is right about the pick plays. I couldn't get over all those pick plays. The Bills were absolutely burned by them. And there was not much, if any, adjustment to them at halftime.

That's on Schwartz, known for not adapting and seldom using press coverage or blitzing. Looked much like Wannstedt this game until they turtled.

kingJofNYC
09-21-2014, 06:39 PM
This zone scheme is garbage. Graham no question should be starting, McKelvin can't play in a zone system, he's a noodle head. With Pettine all they ask McKelvin to do is mirror the WR, simple as hell and he was ok.

Gilmore has not improved, and this off man coverage doesn't utilize his strengths. I hate this system. We get dink and dunked all game long, TEs and RBs having field days with how deep we drop. Just garbage.

No disguise in the D, lots of confusion on responsibilities. Just go back and watch how any type of WR motion throws off our D, they start looking at each other to understand their responsibilities and check off who's got who. A bunch of guys are not on the same page on D, and it shows during motion when a team will go from 2x2 to 3x1 or vice versa. Back 7 is just looking at each other trying to understand their responsibilities.

Meathead
09-21-2014, 07:10 PM
before yall start jumping off ledges, its one game. the defense was fine the previous two games, one clunker doesnt mean they are doomed

still, gilmore has looked overmatched too many times this year, especially today. id say hes being hampered by not being able to use his hands like he used to, but he wasnt doing to well last season even after the club came off. hes another guy that needs to turn it around next week

Mace
09-21-2014, 07:12 PM
before yall start jumping off ledges, its one game. the defense was fine the previous two games, one clunker doesnt mean they are doomed

I doesn't mean we are doomed Meat, but it might mean we shouldn't get overly excited.

Skooby
09-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Try to talk with him, then tell me he's the one.

elltrain22
09-21-2014, 07:15 PM

Can someone explain to me why some of these plays are NOT penalties?? I have watched the same plays get flagged, and they were not today.

Mace
09-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Can someone explain to me why some of these plays are NOT penalties?? I have watched the same plays get flagged, and they were not today.

From what I understand, and anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong, it depends on if there is contact or the level of contact between DB's and WR's when it becomes discretionary to the ref as pass interference or offensive pass interference.

So my understanding is, if we had, and I think we did, the DB's playing far enough off the line, they could run the picks shallow without contact and the db's kept losing their men for not trying to run into anyone.

A guess, but you'd answer it with press coverage and jam the receivers at the line where they couldn't run their routes without running into the other db's for offensive penalties.

sudzy
09-22-2014, 06:16 PM

Would anyone argue with me if I said the Bills coaches are 0-3 on halftime adjustments this year.

gebobs
09-22-2014, 06:39 PM

Yeah, no point in hoping the refs will call a penalty on that crap.

gebobs
09-22-2014, 06:43 PM
I doesn't mean we are doomed Meat, but it might mean we shouldn't get overly excited.

ANyone that has gotten "overly excited" about a 2-0 start either has Alzheimer's or just moved to Buffalo from Siberia.

YardRat
09-22-2014, 06:54 PM
This zone scheme is garbage. Graham no question should be starting, McKelvin can't play in a zone system, he's a noodle head. With Pettine all they ask McKelvin to do is mirror the WR, simple as hell and he was ok.

Gilmore has not improved, and this off man coverage doesn't utilize his strengths. I hate this system. We get dink and dunked all game long, TEs and RBs having field days with how deep we drop. Just garbage.

No disguise in the D, lots of confusion on responsibilities. Just go back and watch how any type of WR motion throws off our D, they start looking at each other to understand their responsibilities and check off who's got who. A bunch of guys are not on the same page on D, and it shows during motion when a team will go from 2x2 to 3x1 or vice versa. Back 7 is just looking at each other trying to understand their responsibilities.

I don't think it was the case in the first two games, but the confusion was definitely noticeable against San Diego.

On the other note, why is it 'our defense sucks' when they get dinked and dunked against all day long, but 'our QB sucks' when he does the same thing?

Mace
09-22-2014, 07:32 PM
ANyone that has gotten "overly excited" about a 2-0 start either has Alzheimer's or just moved to Buffalo from Siberia.

I got overly excited and been here a long while and don't have Alzheimer's I know of yet. It was fun to get overly excited and I enjoyed it 2 weeks and 6 days. Might not have been logically reasonable, but it was fun.