• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Throne Logic
    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
    • Aug 2002

Gilbride holds back this offense

The number of passing yards means very little. It's points that matter. Teams will gladly let you toss for 300 yds a game if they know you'll just self-destruct in the Red Zone when you refuse to utilize the running game in the short field. This just allows Buffalo's opponents to more effectively control the game.

The problem isn't so much Bledsoe as it is Gilbride. Bledsoe has a major limitation - he has a tendency to force his balls in pressure situations (i.e. Red Zone plays where the defense knows you're not going to run). Gilbride just fuels this detructive fire.

Unfortunately, Gilbride has a very, very, very long history of NOT running the ball. (See Houston at Buffalo, Wildcard Playoffs). He did it as the Head Coach in San Diego, also.

He's pigheaded and refuses to see the problem with an unbalanced offense. I'll be shocked - happy - but shocked if Buffalo runs the ball anywhere near the amount of times that they throw it.

Wys is a bit harsh. I think Drew could be the player most already credit him to be if Gilbride were not the OC of this team.
    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.
Working...
X