PDA

View Full Version : Wade Philips At Chargers Game

ghz in pittsburgh
09-22-2014, 03:36 PM
It was widely reported in twitter etc. yesterday. Of course not in business with the Bills. But still, he's the last coach who had the Bills in playoff.

It's tempting to say he can still coach defense. But I'm on board to roll with new generation of coaches. Besides, as long as Mary Wilson, Russ Brandon are still on top of the Bills' food chain, Wade can forget about any job within the Bills.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByFqv9fIUAAJ0O3.jpg

sudzy
09-22-2014, 03:41 PM
More interested with his phone then the game. Yeah it was that kind of game.

JohnnyGold
09-22-2014, 04:30 PM
It was widely reported in twitter etc. yesterday. Of course not in business with the Bills. But still, he's the last coach who had the Bills in playoff.

It's tempting to say he can still coach defense. But I'm on board to roll with new generation of coaches. Besides, as long as Mary Wilson, Russ Brandon are still on top of the Bills' food chain, Wade can forget about any job within the Bills.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByFqv9fIUAAJ0O3.jpg

Out of football, still loves the game. He's been to every stadium in the league, seen the gameday experience from every sideline. Not a coincidence that he'd choose to attend football games in Buffalo now that Ralph is out of the picture.

Lol, he probably knows that the idiots running the Bills are out of a job in 3 months, so he might as well hang around the stadium, watch some football, and enjoy himself. Hell, maybe Pegs will even bring him on.

Sorry, supposed to be optimistic: Ralph was amazing, the organization is run by forward thinking competent individuals who have extended the brand to far flung corners of the earth like Rochester and Syracuse, EJ has all the tools he just needs to develop, Marrone's a great coach who saved Syracuse, and the division is ours.

swiper
09-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Interesting.

BertSquirtgum
09-22-2014, 04:52 PM
I hope Pegula fires Marrone and hires Wade as the head coach.

Typ0
09-22-2014, 05:07 PM
OMG Fade was such a train wreck here!

BertSquirtgum
09-22-2014, 05:17 PM

You would be to with Ralphie scrooge telling you how to make your every move.

gebobs
09-22-2014, 05:31 PM

Levy was a tough act to follow, especially when the Bills talent was aging or getting siphoned off in free agency. It was hard to like Wade then, but the fact remains that he got the Bills to the playoffs twice, had two winning seasons, and no losing seasons.

paladin warrior
09-22-2014, 05:47 PM
I hope Pegula fires Marrone and hires Wade as the head coach. me too :hi5:

paladin warrior
09-22-2014, 05:51 PM
I hope Pegula fires Marrone and hires Wade as the head coach. and also Fire N. Hackett and Todd Downing

Mace
09-22-2014, 05:58 PM

I like Wade as a DC, not an HC though.

BertSquirtgum
09-22-2014, 06:09 PM
I don't even like the thought of having to switch the D to a 3-4 again. It would take too much time.

sudzy
09-22-2014, 06:12 PM

Playoffs 2 out of 3 years. What a train wreck? Look I could give a crap if the guy could speak coherent sentences. PLAYOFFS!!!!

WagonCircler
09-22-2014, 06:18 PM
He was at the UB game, too.

BOBM253
09-22-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm on board

black N yellow
09-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Wade is in the group of Gregg Williams, Norv Turner, and so on. Guys who are amazing positional coaches, but shouldn't be head coaches.

Woodman
09-22-2014, 11:22 PM
When everything becomes official I wouldn't be surprised if there's some interest by the new owner.

Bunion
09-23-2014, 03:37 AM
I hope that when Pegula takes over, he's got the wisdom to keep coaches who should be kept and fire coaches who should be fired. This whole 'New HC gets his people' **** needs to end.

Historian
09-23-2014, 07:03 AM
He was at the UB game, too.

Yea, he had a headset on, so I figured he moved into the booth as a new career.

Might as well take in a Bills game while you're in town...hell, I would.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Lol. Wade knows his record in heart. This is from John Murphy:

Upon leaving the broadcast booth after the final gun, I ran into former Bills Head Coach Wade Phillips in the Paul Maguire Club. Wade was in town attending the game with some Buffalo friends and he went to the UB-Norfolk State game Saturday afternoon.
Wade hasn’t coached in Buffalo in 14 years, but the fact that he maintains friendships here is testimony to his good natured demeanor and genuine nice-guy personality. Wade is enjoying his first year out of coaching in a decade and a half, and he told me he enjoyed experiencing the Bills game as a fan.
I asked if he’s planning on going to the Bills-Texans game in his hometown of Houston next week, and he said he probably would not. Just as well, I said, the Bills are now 0-1 when you’re in the building.
With a smile on his face, Wade quickly corrected me.
“29-20,” he said, including his won-loss record as Bills head coach. You gotta love Wade.

The Jokeman
09-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Levy was a tough act to follow, especially when the Bills talent was aging or getting siphoned off in free agency. It was hard to like Wade then, but the fact remains that he got the Bills to the playoffs twice, had two winning seasons, and no losing seasons.

Without Wade the Bills would have never gotten Ted Washington. While I never thought Wade was a great HC in retrospect he was above average which think most of us would love to have right about now.

Typ0
09-23-2014, 09:10 PM
There were some moments during that last season that doomed him ... and those moments were him and him alone. If he were to have coached here in the last 14 years he would have been horrible...probably more horrible than most that were here.

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2014, 09:24 PM
There were some moments during that last season that doomed him ... and those moments were him and him alone. If he were to have coached here in the last 14 years he would have been horrible...probably more horrible than most that were here.

I beg to differ.

better days
09-24-2014, 05:58 AM
I beg to differ.

Wade is a damn good Coach.

The Bills were foolish for getting rid of him & Jerry Jones was an even bigger fool for getting rid of Wade in favor of Jason Garrett.

stuckincincy
09-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Wade is a damn good Coach.

The Bills were foolish for getting rid of him & Jerry Jones was an even bigger fool for getting rid of Wade in favor of Jason Garrett.

Agreed.

pmoon6
09-25-2014, 02:33 AM
HaHaHa. The NFL is a club. There are connections within connections. As many years as Wade has been around, he's probably got friends from San Diego to New England. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I never thought Phillips was a great head coach, but he did build one heck of a defense here.

I also think that Wade was a victim of circumstance in his HC opportunities. He was basically an interim in Denver until Elway backstabbed him in favor of Shanahan. He would have lasted longer in Buffalo had he not been loyal to his friends. In Dallas, he did OK, but problems at QB were his undoing.

ticatfan
09-25-2014, 02:46 PM
A friend of mine was there with his chargers sweater on and he said the bills fans are complete ass holes. He has been to every stadium in Canada and 10 grey cups and never had a problem wearing another team's sweater, except for some friendly razzing. So is this a American thing?

pmoon6
09-25-2014, 05:53 PM
A friend of mine was there with his chargers sweater on and he said the bills fans are complete ass holes. He has been to every stadium in Canada and 10 grey cups and never had a problem wearing another team's sweater, except for some friendly razzing. So is this a American thing?One of the reasons I will never attend another NFL game. Drunken ass holes that can't control themselves, people throwing stuff at other fans.

I've been to quite a few away games in Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Denver, Miami and things sometimes came to the point of getting physical when I wore Bills' colors and even when I didn't and just cheered. If I were to go to a home game again in Buffalo, I would be embarrassed by some of our fans behavior.

better days
09-26-2014, 07:11 AM
A friend of mine was there with his chargers sweater on and he said the bills fans are complete ass holes. He has been to every stadium in Canada and 10 grey cups and never had a problem wearing another team's sweater, except for some friendly razzing. So is this a American thing?

What other than friendly razzing did your friend encounter?

What could I expect wearing a Sabres sweater in Toronto?

And in the United States of America, it is a Football Jersey, not a sweater.

And maybe your friend is the ass hole.

better days
09-26-2014, 07:17 AM
One of the reasons I will never attend another NFL game. Drunken ass holes that can't control themselves, people throwing stuff at other fans.

I've been to quite a few away games in Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Denver, Miami and things sometimes came to the point of getting physical when I wore Bills' colors and even when I didn't and just cheered. If I were to go to a home game again in Buffalo, I would be embarrassed by some of our fans behavior.

My understanding is the security is very good at the Ralph.

If anyone does something that warrants it, security can & should be called.

Historian
09-26-2014, 09:24 AM
Wade is the only coach in the history of the team, to never have a losing record.

I think that's significant.

And I can remember talking to him once, where he indicated that the only person who's football opinion mattered to him, was his Father's.

In fact, he used to consult with him daily as a HC. Probably one of the resons for much of his success.

ticatfan
09-26-2014, 09:46 AM
What other than friendly razzing did your friend encounter?

What could I expect wearing a Sabres sweater in Toronto?

And in the United States of America, it is a Football Jersey, not a sweater.

And maybe your friend is the ass hole.Actually he is very quiet man. And it seems the word cksk was used a lot where ever he went and other stuff to. Not friendly razzing at all. And he goes to a lot of games in buffalo. Actually there is a bunch form town that go quite a bit.

sukie
09-26-2014, 09:55 AM
I can see by Was'e face while looking at his phone, he is struggling with Level 61 on Candy Crush.

pmoon6
09-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Wade is the only coach in the history of the team, to never have a losing record.

I think that's significant.

And I can remember talking to him once, where he indicated that the only person who's football opinion mattered to him, was his Father's.

In fact, he used to consult with him daily as a HC. Probably one of the resons for much of his success.I've met Bum a couple of times. I used to take product to the Oilers training facility back in the day. Nice fella and good ole boy. What you have seen on the sidelines and in NFL films is how he is.

better days
09-27-2014, 07:16 AM
Actually he is very quiet man. And it seems the word cksk was used a lot where ever he went and other stuff to. Not friendly razzing at all. And he goes to a lot of games in buffalo. Actually there is a bunch form town that go quite a bit.

I can believe a single person might have called him cksk, but I doubt more than one person used that phrase.

And while your friend may be usually quiet, he may act different with a few in him.

And if your friend goes to Buffalo quite a bit, the ass holes must not bother him too much.

RedEyE
09-27-2014, 10:47 PM
I expect ol' Wade to be at this game as well.