PDA

View Full Version : I think 8-8 might win this crappy division

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2014, 07:35 AM
The Jets suck
Miami sucks
New Enlgand is meh
The Bills are the unknown of the division so far.

I think this week will truly tell the fans how good the Bills really are. There aren't really any "must win" games this early in the season, but this could be looked back on as one later down the road. I hope Marrone and company take everything that was learned about Fitz while was a QB in Buffalo, and use it against him.

billsburgh
09-23-2014, 07:41 AM
it might take at least 9, we have to at least split with the Patsies this year to have a shot at the division.

k-oneputt
09-23-2014, 07:44 AM
San Diego showed the rest of the league how to beat the Bills.

Stack the box, crowd the line of scrimmage and make EJ beat you over the top.

I think it gets worse before better, unless EJ suddenly wakes the F up.

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2014, 07:46 AM

I have confidence that EJ is not a complete numbskull, and will see on film how many plays he missed. If he can correct even just a few, the team would've been in a position to win.

k-oneputt
09-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Well right now he looks "complete"

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Well right now he looks "complete"

I will not argue.

trapezeus
09-23-2014, 07:52 AM
jets d looked like its going to cause the bills problem. they were good stopping the run and making qb's throw off their back foot. they are 1-2, but i don't think they are that bad. it all comes down to which geno shows up any given week. the one who gift wraps a pick 6 or the one who can put up 21 points in the first quarter.

justasportsfan
09-23-2014, 07:53 AM
I have confidence that EJ is not a complete numbskull, and will see on film how many plays he missed. If he can correct even just a few, the team would've been in a position to win.

I don't think he's a numbskull either but I'm not sure if he can correct inaccuracy. He just cant seem to laser/thread passes. He seems to consistently lob a ball high.

k-oneputt
09-23-2014, 07:56 AM
I was thinking the same thing about the Jets defense. That is not a good matchup for the Bills and EJ.

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2014, 08:03 AM
I don't think he's a numbskull either but I'm not sure if he can correct inaccuracy. He just cant seem to laser/thread passes. He seems to consistently lob a ball high.

I'm not worried about that as much as I am consistently missing WIDE open receivers. By missing, I mean not seeing/throwing to them at all.

Novacane
09-23-2014, 08:43 AM

I don't think San Diego showed the rest of the league anything. Everyone already knew that's the way to beat EJ. He made enough plays over the top in the first two games. He didn't last week. Can he become consistent? I don't know!

k-oneputt
09-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Really. Well I can recall about three big throws he has made in three games, and two of them were great catches by Williams and Woods. Everything else has been short easy throws.

I'm listening. Please tell me the one's I have missed.

k-oneputt
09-23-2014, 11:47 AM
And I doubt you are going to see many more 190 yd rushing days until EJ gets it done.

OpIv37
09-23-2014, 11:50 AM
You're crazy if you think the Pats are only going to win 6 more games. They'll probably get 4 out of the div alone, if for no other reason than the reality that the rest of us really suck.

Pats will have double digit wins again.

stuckincincy
09-23-2014, 12:16 PM
You're crazy if you think the Pats are only going to win 6 more games. They'll probably get 4 out of the div alone, if for no other reason than the reality that the rest of us really suc

They will have a test against CIN, who benefit from their early bye to lick their many wounds. WR Marvin Jones might see his first action, and LB Burfict might be available. CIN's OL has played well - one sack, and no hits at all on Dalton. That's an amazing stat after 3 games - zero qb hits, with a rookie center and missing starting RG Zeitler. Fans here are glad that Jay Gruden and his play calls has moved on - his "take what they give you" philosophy instead of using your talent to take it to the opponent. New OC Hue Jackson is doing a decent job. He needs a wake-up call on 3rd and short...as do many do...stopping this deep hand off so the rb can "see the holes."

Line up quickly and pound with a strong back and a fullback. Or sneak. In 2012, Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis was 13 of 14 with that plan, and Gruden tossed that success into the heap in 2013. Madness...

However, there is a stark fact - CIN and BUF must run neck and neck for serving up duds in prime time contests. I'd guess NE will be the home favorite, barring something negative happening to them this coming Sunday.

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2014, 01:06 PM
You're crazy if you think the Pats are only going to win 6 more games. They'll probably get 4 out of the div alone, if for no other reason than the reality that the rest of us really suck.

I disagree that it's a given. They lost to Miami. Barely beat Oakland this past week. I think they are more beatable than they have been in the past.

Ed
09-23-2014, 01:21 PM
I think the Pats are definitely more beatable, but I still expect them to win at least 10 games.

I think the Jets are better than the Fins, but I could see the Jets falling to 2-5 or 1-6 before we face them for the first time. Vick could be starting by then though, which is concerning and I don't really like how we match up against them.

OpIv37
09-23-2014, 01:29 PM
I disagree that it's a given. They lost to Miami. Barely beat Oakland this past week. I think they are more beatable than they have been in the past.

I think so too, but just like the rest of their Reign of Terror over the last 15 years or so, the rest of the div is too bad to take advantage. We've been here before, where the Pats struggle in an early game and people proclaim the div wide open, then they win 8 in a row and shatter offensive records.

They are not the juggernauts they were in the past but they are still capable of tearing through this sorry-ass division.

jamze132
09-23-2014, 08:24 PM
As long as Brady is playing, you can chalk up at least 10 wins

Mace
09-23-2014, 08:34 PM
I'll believe someone will take the division from New England when someone takes the division from New England. If it's 8-8 it will be their 8-8 but I don't see them dropping below 10 wins yet no matter how vulnerable they look.

Mike
09-24-2014, 10:32 AM

The problem is that EJ has been awake for some time now and he still can not hit an open wr on a regular basis.

k-oneputt
09-24-2014, 11:10 AM
The problem is that EJ has been awake for some time now and he still can not hit an open wr on a regular basis.

I hear ya. Nothing new to me. I expected this when he was drafted. I was hoping for the best. But....

pmoon6
09-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Interesting that we are 2-1 and tied for the division lead, but the doom and gloomers say we suck. I guess they can see the future.

However, the Bills' Fans defense mechanism has kicked in so they won't be disappointed and continue to cry like little girls.

Enjoy the season, girls and here's hoping your wittle feewings don't get hurt anymore than they already are.

OpIv37
09-24-2014, 11:41 AM
Interesting that we are 2-1 and tied for the division lead, but the doom and gloomers say we suck. I guess they can see the future.

However, the Bills' Fans defense mechanism has kicked in so they won't be disappointed and continue to cry like little girls.

Enjoy the season, girls and here's hoping your wittle feewings don't get hurt anymore than they already are.

Interesting that after 2003, 2008 and 2011, people still attack anyone who criticizes the team because of a handful of games where we didn't completely suck.

Those too stupid to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

stuckincincy
09-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Those too stupid to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Don't pick on the U.S. public education system! :cas:

pmoon6
09-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Interesting that after 2003, 2008 and 2011, people still attack anyone who criticizes the team because of a handful of games where we didn't completely suck.

Those too stupid to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.Like I've said many times, if you are not entertained, pick another team or just quit watching.

Then again, some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining.

k-oneputt
09-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Flowers, butterflys, and Unicorns are not flying up pmoon6 and EJ's ass.
So It's time for EJ to start playing like an NFL qb.

imbondz
09-25-2014, 09:26 PM
I hate the term, 'we don't match up well against them', that just means we suck more than they do.

Woodman
09-25-2014, 09:31 PM
16 games yep it's an official crap shoot in the AFC East (or is it the AFC Least)

pmoon6
09-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Flowers, butterflys, and Unicorns are not flying up pmoon6 and EJ's ass.
So It's time for EJ to start playing like an NFL qb.We know what flies up your ass.

It's black, ten inches long and has a head.