PDA

View Full Version : Top 7 Reasons The Texans Will Bounce Back In Week 4

billsburgh
09-23-2014, 07:39 AM
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/23/top-7-reasons-the-texans-will-bounce-back-in-week-4/

My favorite reason is because Fitz is smart

Ryan Fitzpatrick Is Smart:

Fitzpatrick didn’t have a good game against the Giants. Three INTs will do that to any quarterback. But Fitzpatrick is smart. He went to Harvard. He scored a 48 on the Wonderlic. Highest for a QB ever. So if you think he isn’t learning from his mistakes last week, you are probably wrong. Now if Fitzpatrick learned from all his mistakes and never made them again, he’d probably be better than a career journeyman who’s nickname fluxuates between “Fitzmagic” and “Fitztragic.”

trapezeus
09-23-2014, 07:41 AM
if he's so smart why is he still having 3 INT games?

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2014, 07:45 AM

Smarts doesn't always relate to physical capability. We know that from watching him QB the Bills.

justasportsfan
09-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Cover short to middle . Force Fitz to beat us deep but make sure McKelvin is not on the field. Bills win.

trapezeus
09-23-2014, 08:20 AM
the bills historically like to make players we didn't want look like superstars. i am prepared for a big letdown in houston.

djjimkelly
09-23-2014, 08:26 AM
i saw texans run D statistics on sportscenter this morning.

bills run for 200 this sunday and blow out texans

Novacane
09-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Fitz has been smart his entire career and he keeps having games like last week.

OpIv37
09-23-2014, 09:29 AM

Because he's a "gunslinger" and he lets his belief that he is physically capable of making the throw override his brain telling him not to do it.

He shouldn't.

Historian
09-23-2014, 10:48 AM
I think the Bills know they laid an egg last week.

I fully expect them to have one of the better games of the year this week.

gebobs
09-23-2014, 10:52 AM
I think the Bills know they laid an egg last week.

I fully expect them to have one of the better games of the year this week.

No way. Not until they bench EJ, trade Spiller, fire Marrone, hire Polian, and cut Mario. The sky is falling!

stuckincincy
09-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Anybody have a handle on why they imploded last season? I know about Shaub's woes. Did they suffer a storm of injuries, bad luck, etc.? :perplex:

starrymessenger
09-23-2014, 12:38 PM
i saw texans run D statistics on sportscenter this morning.

bills run for 200 this sunday and blow out texans

Fair comment but they have also had to defend the pass.
Next Sunday not so much.
So I don't see us getting 200, despite their 144 rush yards per game given up.

Electrici
09-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Anybody have a handle on why they imploded last season? I know about Shaub's woes. Did they suffer a storm of injuries, bad luck, etc.? :perplex:

I'm pretty sure Arian Foster was playing the first half of the season hurt and missed the second half due to injury. That and Schaub was really bad.

SpikedLemonade
09-23-2014, 12:45 PM
I watched a replay of the Texans loss to the Giants and the Texans D looked weak.

Foster also makes a huge difference to their O.

The Bills can beat them but it won't be easy.

stuckincincy
09-23-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm pretty sure Arian Foster was playing the first half of the season hurt and missed the second half due to injury. That and Schaub was really bad.

Thanks. It should shape up to be a decent game, both clubs at 2 and 1 so far. In another thread, our poster Mahdi mentioned about BUF playing a lot of man defense (db's backs to the qb) and expressed concern about Fitz taking off. That was a good point.

Ed
09-23-2014, 01:41 PM
I think it was a combination of things, but they had about 15 guys on IR so that didn't help. They also lost a bunch of games by 3 or less.

stuckincincy
09-23-2014, 02:12 PM
I think it was a combination of things, but they had about 15 guys on IR so that didn't help. They also lost a bunch of games by 3 or less.

Thanks.

HOU is favored by 3 points today - the "usual" home betting spot. Makes sense - two 2 and 1 clubs, 4th game of the season.

Ed
09-23-2014, 02:16 PM
It's really too bad the Texans tanked last season as bad as they did. We would have gotten to play the Jags instead.

stuckincincy
09-23-2014, 02:23 PM
It's really too bad the Texans tanked last season as bad as they did. We would have gotten to play the Jags instead.

TB's a real surprise so far. I thought they showed a spark last season, and were very aggressive in signing top FAs in the off season. Go figure...

YardRat
09-23-2014, 08:49 PM
I don't have a good feeling about this game...a lot more concerned about JJ Watt than I am Fitz.

The Jokeman
09-23-2014, 09:01 PM

Arian Foster got hurt last year and missed significant time and JJ Watt was only able to muster 10.5 sacks vs the 20.5 he did the year before.

The Jokeman
09-23-2014, 09:06 PM
I don't have a good feeling about this game...a lot more concerned about JJ Watt than I am Fitz.

Jared Allen is a great pass rusher and so is Wake for Miami. I know I was worried about those two when we played the Bears and 'Phins and we saw how that turned out. I'm just hoping Arian Foster misses his second straight week. As although we did well against the run in the second half Donald Brown killed us in the first half last week.

Ed
09-24-2014, 02:26 PM
Jared Allen is a great pass rusher and so is Wake for Miami. I know I was worried about those two when we played the Bears and 'Phins and we saw how that turned out. I'm just hoping Arian Foster misses his second straight week. As although we did well against the run in the second half Donald Brown killed us in the first half last week.
As the LDE in their 3-4, isn't Watt more of an interior player? Watt vs. our guards is bad news. I'm assuming Wood will be helping to double on most plays.

SpikedLemonade
09-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Arian Foster likely to be game-time decision
by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
(4:21 pm ET) Texans coach Bill O'Brien said running back Arian Foster (http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/518611) (hamstring) was able to do "some things" Wednesday, but he remains "day to day" leading up to Week 4 against the Bills. O'Brien indicated Foster will likely be a game-time decision (https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/514870942624133120) Sunday.

Goobylal
09-24-2014, 06:01 PM
If the Bills can't shut down Piczpatrick, it will be a long season.