• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Miami Dolphins considering benching Ryan Tannehill

The Ryan Tannehill experience has come under fire over the last few weeks in Miami. Now we aren't even sure if that experience is going to continue this week in London against the Raiders.
    NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Monday's Around The NFL, per team sources, that there is talk Miami may bench Tannehill for Matt Moore and it is "not a motivational ploy" for the third-year passer. The team wants to make a decision before they fly over the Atlantic Ocean.

Ryan Tannehill has looked shaky in three starts. After coach Joe Philbin wouldn't name the quarterback his Week 4 starter, Ian Rapoport reports that the Dolphins are considering benching the signal-caller.

Maybe we should consider something like this???

If Orton is better prepared to win why not?

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Miami Dolphins considering benching Ryan Tannehill

EJ clearly isn't ready to start.

A functional passer... which Orton is... very well could change the whole dynamic of this team.

Comment

• Static
      The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
      The Ryan Tannehill experience has come under fire over the last few weeks in Miami. Now we aren't even sure if that experience is going to continue this week in London against the Raiders.
      NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Monday's Around The NFL, per team sources, that there is talk Miami may bench Tannehill for Matt Moore and it is "not a motivational ploy" for the third-year passer. The team wants to make a decision before they fly over the Atlantic Ocean.

Ryan Tannehill has looked shaky in three starts. After coach Joe Philbin wouldn't name the quarterback his Week 4 starter, Ian Rapoport reports that the Dolphins are considering benching the signal-caller.

Maybe we should consider something like this???

If Orton is better prepared to win why not?

The problem is alot bigger then just Tanny....we are out coached and out played almost every game, and make no adjustments to fix it......Its Blow up time....Philbin should have been gone after last years debacle and scandal...The team has just look flat and confused....and it is coming down from the top.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Why are the Dolphins letting this play out in the media? If they decide not to bench him they just publically ruined his confidence.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by coastal View Post
          EJ clearly isn't ready to start.
          But he's going to. Breathe deep into the paper bag. Nothing you can do about it. Orton watches until/if EJ gets hurt. If EJ is the Titanic we're all going down. Everyone. GM. Coaches. Fans. EJ is not going to get "ready to start" by sitting. And Orton will NEVER win a SB. So EJ plays. Maybe he gets better, maybe he doesn't. But he plays. The whole year. Breathe in, breathe out.

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
            NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Monday's Around The NFL, per team sources, that there is talk Miami may bench Tannehill for Matt Moore and it is "not a motivational ploy" for the third-year passer.
            I'll believe it when I hear it directly from the Dolphins. So far they haven't said anything like that. Matt Moore isn't going to help a darn thing.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Static View Post
              The problem is alot bigger then just Tanny....we are out coached and out played almost every game, and make no adjustments to fix it......Its Blow up time....Philbin should have been gone after last years debacle and scandal...The team has just look flat and confused....and it is coming down from the top.
              Is it more coaching and not playing to his positives ? I know the Bills have done well against Tannehill but other games I've watched he can look very good.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Philbin is a sad excuse for a coach.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

if the QB can't stand up, he can't play. that's miami's problem. the qb gets hit a lot. matt moore isn't going to have a different fate. perhaps tannehill is a little shell shocked and on the verge of getting ruined, but he has been crushed...alot in the last 2 seasons.

Comment

• Static
                    The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    Is it more coaching and not playing to his positives ? I know the Bills have done well against Tannehill but other games I've watched he can look very good.
                    I think coaching is alot of it. The team is not sharp at all. Dropped passes. Tanny is getting sacked to many times. Poor clock management. Coaches calling pass plays on 2nd and 1 and again on 3rd and 1, even though Miller was having a monster game running the ball. I know we have some injuries but they should be able to work around that. Then there is the team in general just looking life less out there and i think that reflects on the coach.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                      I'll believe it when I hear it directly from the Dolphins. So far they haven't said anything like that. Matt Moore isn't going to help a darn thing.
                      They haven't said it. But Philbin was asked 4 times in one presser about whether Tannehill would be the starter this week and he failed to say yes. To me that speaks volumes.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Tannehill only started playing QB in college midway through his redshirt junior year. If they didn't expect him to be a project, they were kidding themselves.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• gebobs
                          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                          They haven't said it. But Philbin was asked 4 times in one presser about whether Tannehill would be the starter this week and he failed to say yes. To me that speaks volumes.
                          I know what Philbin said and didn't say. It speaks volumes of nothing. Can you imagine how frustrating it is for him to have to confront a press corps screaming that the sky is falling? He's just giving them a big eff you finger and telling them to shut up without actually saying it.

If you think the Bills are having trouble benching #16 pick in favor of a seasoned starter, imagine Philbin's hesitation to bench a #8 pick in favor of a bum. It will take a lot more for Tannehill to get benched. He's better than Matt Moore. A lot better. I know it. Philbin knows it. Even the Dolphins press corps knows it. They are just trying to flame controversy to sell their funny papers.
                          Last edited by gebobs; 09-23-2014, 12:56 PM.
                          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                            I know what Philbin said and didn't say. It speaks volumes of nothing. Can you imagine how frustrating it is for him to have to confront a press corps screaming that the sky is falling? He's just giving them a big eff you finger and telling them to shut up without actually saying it.

If you think the Bills are having trouble benching #16 pick in favor of a seasoned starter, imagine Philbin's hesitation to bench a #8 pick in favor of a bum. It will take a lot more for Tannehill to get benched. He's better than Matt Moore. A lot better. I know it. Philbin knows it. Even the Dolphins press corps knows it. They are just trying to flame controversy to sell their funny papers.
                            I respect your opinion but I wouldn't frame it this way at all. 1st off I don't think the coaches of the Bills are remotely close to benching Manuel. Noone really expected Manuel to be great from the jump, he's very inexperienced and I think he will get a LOT of rope.

On the other hand Tannehill seems to be regressing. And Matt Moore is not a bum unless you think Orton is a bum, their stats are quite similar actually although Orton is older and more experienced. It was just 2 years ago that Matt Moore gave the fins a pretty good season with a 96 QB rating. Philbin is going to go with whoever he thinks can win him football games. If he was sold on Tannehill it would have been much easier for him to just say it "Ryan is our QB". He refused to do it. Why do you think that is? I'm not saying Tannehill will be benched right now but IMHO the ice is cracking under him. We'll see.

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

Yes, of all the teams we should be trying to emulate, the dolphins should be at the top of the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X