PDA

View Full Version : This Is A Must Win Game

BillsImpossible
09-23-2014, 06:45 PM
EJ Manuel vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick.

It all boils down to this matchup on Sunday.

The Bills can't lose this one.

EJ Manuel has to have a strong game.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is no Philip Rivers.

Houston's run defense has not been good.

I don't care how ugly or pretty it is, just win...because if the Bills lose this game everyone and their mother is going to criticize Doug Whaley and Marrone even though Buddy Nix drafted EJ Manuel.

Next Sunday is EJ Manuel's biggest game of his career so far.

Will this be the game when the, "light goes on," for EJ Manuel?

jamze132
09-23-2014, 08:14 PM
We going on the road with no momentum. Don't be shocked if Fitz lights our DBs up.

The Jokeman
09-23-2014, 08:18 PM
EJ Manuel vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick.

It all boils down to this matchup on Sunday.

The Bills can't lose this one.

EJ Manuel has to have a strong game.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is no Philip Rivers.

Houston's run defense has not been good.

I don't care how ugly or pretty it is, just win...because if the Bills lose this game everyone and their mother is going to criticize Doug Whaley and Marrone even though Buddy Nix drafted EJ Manuel.

Next Sunday is EJ Manuel's biggest game of his career so far.

Will this be the game when the, "light goes on," for EJ Manuel?
Agreed we lose Sunday then anything we might have gained by winning the first two games goes down the tubes or might be worse because it's a Conference loss and the win against the Bears wasn't/ That said I think EJ has to play better than he did against the Chargers no doubt. I hope he plays as well as he did against the Jets second game last year and/or the Jaguars game from last year. Both of course were wins.

Novacane
09-23-2014, 08:19 PM
I won't be surprised if he lights us up. I also won't be surprised if the throw's 3 INT. If we pressure Fitz we'll win. If we don't we will lose.

Historian
09-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Winnable game, if they can pressure Fitz, and block Watt.

Mario may have a little extra incentive here too.

Bill Cody
09-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Bills win this one

BuffaloRedleg
09-24-2014, 09:50 AM
I don't believe in must win games, but yes, this is a must win game.

HHURRICANE
09-24-2014, 10:21 AM
It's a must win for multiple reasons.

Just for the record I watched the pre-Superbowl Bills with Jim Kelly, Andre, Thurman, Bruce, etc. lay some eggs against some good teams. The Chargers don't suck.

One bad game is no reason for alarm.

However this offense has not looked good the entire pre-season and regular season. They need to start geling quickly here or its going to be LONG season.

trapezeus
09-24-2014, 10:21 AM
microsoft's algorhytm has the bills to as 56% possiblity. the model isn't amazing and trails nate silver's model is a pickem.

also nate silver's playoff odds have us at 34% at making the playoffs.

Ed
09-24-2014, 10:31 AM
I think October and December are going to be tough months, so getting 3 wins in September feels pretty critical if they want to have a shot at the playoffs. I don't really care about the Fitzpatrick angle, but this is one of the more winnable road games so they need to take advantage.

I think the key is just providing EJ with some better protection than last week. If he has time to throw I think he'll be fine.

BillsImpossible
09-24-2014, 06:59 PM
I think October and December are going to be tough months, so getting 3 wins in September feels pretty critical if they want to have a shot at the playoffs. I don't really care about the Fitzpatrick angle, but this is one of the more winnable road games so they need to take advantage.

I think the key is just providing EJ with some better protection than last week. If he has time to throw I think he'll be fine.

He didn't have time to throw, that is true.

EJ doesn't do well against 3-4 defenses, but the Texans run a 4-3 so hopefully he can rebound against the Texans.

It's only his biggest game as a professional football player, so no pressure on Manuel.

OpIv37
09-24-2014, 07:15 PM
A must win game with an ex Bill at QB....

This is usually when the Bills wilt and get embarrassed 56-10.

If they win, it's a sign that things are turning around. If they get blown out, it means nothing has changed and we will end up with double digit losses yet again.

gebobs
09-24-2014, 08:51 PM
We going on the road with no momentum. Don't be shocked if Fitz lights our DBs up.
Hello what? I would be shocked if Fitz lit up Troy State's dbs.