PDA

View Full Version : EJ to Chandler

casdhf
09-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Best play of his career thus far. Anyone have a replay of the scramble and toss?

The Jokeman
09-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Best play of his career thus far. Anyone have a replay of the scramble and toss?

I can't find it but yeah that was a great play.

Novacane
09-23-2014, 08:16 PM
The pass only went 5 yards in the air and he was just lucky. I've read both those comments on this board in the last couple days.

The Jokeman
09-23-2014, 08:22 PM
The pass only went 5 yards in the air and he was just lucky. I've read both those comments on this board in the last couple days.

It was lucky but if the Bills win it's a play replayed over and over again as to how great a play it was. Yet in a loss it's easily forgotten.

Novacane
09-23-2014, 08:25 PM
I don't really think it was lucky. EJ kept the play alive and made a play. If any other QB makes that play the EJ does nothing right crowd would praise him and say EJ never makes plays like that. Since he did it's just luck.

The Jokeman
09-23-2014, 08:29 PM
I don't really think it was lucky. EJ kept the play alive and made a play. If any other QB makes that play the EJ does nothing right crowd would praise him and say EJ never makes plays like that. Since he did it's just luck.

When I say lucky it's not out of disrespect for EJ but let's face it plays like that take a little bit of luck that Chandler was able to come open or EJ's knee didn't hurt the turf etc. I guess some would argue it's because of EJ's will to not go down but I can see it also being lucky.

casdhf
09-23-2014, 08:32 PM
He deserves to be called out for his terrible throws. He deserves praise for that one.

RedEyE
09-23-2014, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't call it "lucky". I'd settle on "instinctual". He obviously has some elusiveness and evasiveness. He popped out of the sack and found the receiver.

If we are going to emphasis EJ's bad plays then we should also place equal emphasis on the good.

bleve
09-23-2014, 10:39 PM
To the OP, there's a link on the official website (30 sec commercial for a 20 second clip BTW).

There's no question EJ is an athlete, and a pretty good one. There's no question he's a guy of character, and puts in the time to improve his craft.

But, being athletic does not equate to being a good QB. Yeah, he's got "big hands" and all the "measurables" .

And Greg Williams was "very organized".

Props to Greg for being organized, and props to EJ for being athletic.

Bunion
09-24-2014, 03:29 AM
It's praiseworthy, but the most notable EJ to Chandler was the one that never happened. It's the last vines clips in JW's All-22.

EJ rolls out, fixates on 'Save Me!' Robert Woods, and doesn't see Chandler standing by himself on SD's 6 yard line. With nothing but green grass and blue paint ahead of him.

https://vine.co/v/O7jgunb7E03

Don't Panic
09-24-2014, 04:35 AM
It's praiseworthy, but the most notable EJ to Chandler was the one that never happened. It's the last vines clips in JW's All-22.

EJ rolls out, fixates on 'Save Me!' Robert Woods, and doesn't see Chandler standing by himself on SD's 6 yard line. With nothing but green grass and blue paint ahead of him.

That's a great example of the throw he needs to learn to make. I have every reason to believe that he will learn that throw... just a little more time.

TacklingDummy
09-24-2014, 05:39 AM
If EJ didnt throw the ball behind Chandler, Chandler would have gained more yards.

Goobylal
09-24-2014, 06:39 AM
Rivers, who is one of the top QB's, missed some throws to open guys. It happens. But Rivers also had a lot more time to throw. Which is the most disappointing thing about Sunday.

Novacane
09-24-2014, 06:47 AM

Wow. That was bad. He's always looking for the short throw.

- - - Updated - - -

If EJ didnt throw the ball behind Chandler, Chandler would have gained more yards.

:rofl:

OpIv37
09-24-2014, 07:17 AM

The problem with EJ is that I'm not seeing any growth or development. Sure, sometimes he'll use his athleticism and make a great play like this one, but then he always follows it up with rookie mistakes that kill the drive. He missed at least 4 throws to wide open recievers, he didn't see the open man on fourth down, he took the big sack and he took the grounding penalty for the safety.

I realize he's 13 games in and he's going to make mistakes that experienced QB's don't make. But he should be last the point where he is making this many in the same game.

Novacane
09-24-2014, 07:32 AM
I wasn't talking about you Op. There's a couple guys here that will never admit EJ does anything positive. Even if it's just one play.

I agree with your post. I'm getting worried too. He can't stop missing throws or not seeing wide open guys. If that doesn't improve soon I doubt it ever will.