PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to kick Glenn inside at Guard?

stuckincincy
09-24-2014, 02:58 PM
This is a question for folks who watched entire games - I get those NFL Network rewind things, which are mostly a highlight showing. I've read many poster comments about weak interior play. Some about Urbik being in the doghouse, although he was in for 55 snaps against SD (79%).

So...could BUF benefit if Glenn moved inside, and do they have any player who can do adequate LT duty?

Ed
09-24-2014, 03:05 PM
I still think Hairston could be one of our top 5 O-lineman. I'd rather just put Hairston at G than move Glenn.

Goobylal
09-24-2014, 03:16 PM
No. Keep the OT's where they are and try different combos with the OG's.

Novacane
09-24-2014, 03:25 PM
No. He's our best OL. He stays at the most important spot. That would probably really piss him off too. He's setting himself up for a huge payday at LT. Make him a guard and he won't get paid near as much.

HAMMER
09-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Come on man, you want to move a very good LT in to one of the guard slots? Really?

EDS
09-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Wasn't it just a year or two ago when the Bills brain trust was convinced guards are unimportant so no need to pay good money to anyone capable of playing the position at a high level.

Strongman
09-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Wasn't it just a year or two ago when the Bills brain trust was convinced guards are unimportant so no need to pay good money to anyone capable of playing the position at a high level.

Yes. I'm not a fan of the Bills' front office, but in all fairness, Levitre hasn't looked very good for the Titans

OLDSRIP
09-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Come on man, you want to move a very good LT in to one of the guard slots? Really?

I agree with you Hammer. Besides, we all know Glenn is better suited to be a cornerback if they moved him.

THATHURMANATOR
09-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Glenn is a top 5 LT when on his game.

OHHHH HELLLL NAAAWWW to this question.

- - - Updated - - -

AMEN WTF!!!!!

BLeonard
09-24-2014, 04:02 PM
This is a question for folks who watched entire games - I get those NFL Network rewind things, which are mostly a highlight showing. I've read many poster comments about weak interior play. Some about Urbik being in the doghouse, although he was in for 55 snaps against SD (79%).

So...could BUF benefit if Glenn moved inside, and do they have any player who can do adequate LT duty?

Gonna answer this last part first:

No and no. Glenn, as others have said, is probably the best lineman the Bills have.

I've read many poster comments about weak interior play. Some about Urbik being in the doghouse, although he was in for 55 snaps against SD (79%).

The correct answer would be to draft and retain interior linemen (specifically, Guards) that are worth a ****, as opposed to digging them off of the scrap heap.

Remember how everyone said Andy Levitre "wanted too much" and was "easily replaceable"...? Do they still think that now, with the Bills currently sitting on $7,241,540 of cap space?

Even if you still think Levitre cost too much, they couldn't even be bothered to sign Chad Rinehart, a backup who is now in the first year of a 2 year / $5.10 million contract to be the San Diego Chargers' starting left guard... How'd San Diego do this past Sunday again...?

The saying "You get what you pay for" certainly applies at the offensive guard position for the Buffalo Bills. They paid for players off the scrap heap, that's what they're getting.

-Bill

BLeonard
09-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Yes. I'm not a fan of the Bills' front office, but in all fairness, Levitre hasn't looked very good for the Titans

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5310/andy-levitre

In his first season with the Titans last year, Levitre graded out as a top-13 NFL guard in PFF's ratings.

Kinda hard to "grade" O-Linemen, IMO, but I'm doubting any of the Bills OG's were above Levitre on that, or any other grading list last season.

-Bill

GvilleBills
09-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Gonna answer this last part first:

No and no. Glenn, as others have said, is probably the best lineman the Bills have.

The correct answer would be to draft and retain interior linemen (specifically, Guards) that are worth a ****, as opposed to digging them off of the scrap heap.

Remember how everyone said Andy Levitre "wanted too much" and was "easily replaceable"...? Do they still think that now, with the Bills currently sitting on $7,241,540 of cap space?

Even if you still think Levitre cost too much, they couldn't even be bothered to sign Chad Rinehart, a backup who is now in the first year of a 2 year / $5.10 million contract to be the San Diego Chargers' starting left guard... How'd San Diego do this past Sunday again...?

The saying "You get what you pay for" certainly applies at the offensive guard position for the Buffalo Bills. They paid for players off the scrap heap, that's what they're getting.

-Bill

Rinehart is the one that bothered me.

BLeonard
09-24-2014, 04:33 PM
Rinehart is the one that bothered me.

Bothered you that the Bills let him go, I'm assuming...?

Regardless, it's the same cycle they've repeated for the past decade:

1: Draft/Sign Player
2: When time to pay said player comes up, let him go
3: Replace him with a cheaper player, expecting that player to magically be better than he's ever been before
4: Wonder why they're having issues at the position when he doesn't magically become better
5: Repeat Step 1

If it weren't for Pegula, you'd see the exact same scenario play out for Spiller next season, while the Bills Brass would be touting Bryce Brown as "the future."

Hopefully, with Pegula, the bull**** cycle ends and they actually start re-signing some of their talent that they manage to get.

-Bill

SpikedLemonade
09-24-2014, 04:50 PM
You really have to question the Bills ability to evaluate OL when they go out and sign Chris Williams.

GvilleBills
09-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Bothered you that the Bills let him go, I'm assuming...?

Regardless, it's the same cycle they've repeated for the past decade:

1: Draft/Sign Player
2: When time to pay said player comes up, let him go
3: Replace him with a cheaper player, expecting that player to magically be better than he's ever been before
4: Wonder why they're having issues at the position when he doesn't magically become better
5: Repeat Step 1

If it weren't for Pegula, you'd see the exact same scenario play out for Spiller next season, while the Bills Brass would be touting Bryce Brown as "the future."

Hopefully, with Pegula, the bull**** cycle ends and they actually start re-signing some of their talent that they manage to get.

-Bill

Yeah, that's what I meant. I went into that off season expecting Levitre to be gone, but confident that Rinehart would hold down the fort admirably.

I sure as hell hope Pegs does things differently, I can't take much more of this. :D