PDA

View Full Version : Greg Roman?

Cali512
09-25-2014, 02:05 AM
With SFs struggles on O this year and Kaepernick regressing, this is the year he will most likely go all in for a HC job. I believe he is the perfect coach for Manuel, and our offense. Anyone have any thoughts on him?

Meathead
09-25-2014, 04:06 AM
i just wish his face was a little fatter

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/files/2012/01/ROMAN.jpg

Skooby
09-25-2014, 05:02 AM
Don't you call him pudgy, portly or stout....

YardRat
09-25-2014, 05:04 AM
So you want to bring in a guy to help a struggling offense and regressing QB that is currently leading a struggling offense and regressing QB?

Don't Panic
09-25-2014, 06:28 AM
I liked him as a candidate when we didn't have a coach. But now we do, and I don't see him going anywhere, especially if we show even slight overall improvement from the first three games.

Night Train
09-25-2014, 07:41 AM
San Fran in the 2nd half this year has scored 3 points total.

Their opponents have scored 52.

Way to finish.

Is he channeling Mularkey ?

Pinkerton Security
09-25-2014, 07:47 AM
So you want to bring in a guy to help a struggling offense and regressing QB that is currently leading a struggling offense and regressing QB?

haha my thoughts exactly

Fletch
09-25-2014, 07:48 AM
With SFs struggles on O this year and Kaepernick regressing, this is the year he will most likely go all in for a HC job. I believe he is the perfect coach for Manuel, and our offense. Anyone have any thoughts on him?

We need to get rid of Manuel and move on from our mistakes not continue to attempt to correct the incorrectible.

It's bad enough that we sold some of our future to try to tailor to Manuel with Watkins, but it's time to admit our mistakes, correct them, and move on.

Whaley made the decisions, he needs to be the first one shown the door.

Bill Cody
09-25-2014, 08:45 AM
We need to get rid of Manuel and move on from our mistakes not continue to attempt to correct the incorrectible.

It's bad enough that we sold some of our future to try to tailor to Manuel with Watkins, but it's time to admit our mistakes, correct them, and move on.

Whaley made the decisions, he needs to be the first one shown the door.

how many stars are in the sky?
how many grains of sand are on the beaches?
how many ****ing times are you going to say the same thing?

Ginger Vitis
09-25-2014, 09:20 AM

Fletch
09-25-2014, 09:48 AM

No less than others repeatedly say the same things here otherwise.

As if this place is a hub of original thinking or something.

How many times do we have to listen to the stupidity of bending over backwards to be able to get a QB, Manuel in this case, to function as a 16th overall draft pick should?

How many times do we have to listen to "getting Spiller the ball in space" when even when he has it in space he still hasn't done what everyone says that he will and when he never did it in college while carrying the ball rushing?

How many times to we have to hear about how Watkins is going to revolutionize the offense despite the notion that the only time he's done anything at all besides in practice was against the Fins?

I guess the talk about how Spikes is going to make the loss of Byrd not felt and how he'll make a huge impact on D has now run its course, so no sense in asking about that one. One down.

Fletch
09-25-2014, 09:50 AM

How is it possible that there are still regular posters here that seem to think that Manuel was Nix's decision?

That's something that's repeated just as often. Does that sound like a well researched opinion to you?

better days
09-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Hey, at least Fletch has not posted the Bills will move in the last few days.

Lexwhat
09-25-2014, 12:46 PM
I think the "demise" of the 49ers and Kaepernick is greatly exaggerated. They have an absolutely brutal schedule this year and are already in the toughest division in the NFL (2 games against Arizona, 2 against Seattle, Road games at Denver and New Orleans, and Home games against the Chargers, Eagles, and Redskins). They may not make the playoffs this year. However, I think they make a late season run when Aldon Smith and Navarro Bowman return. They can also win in bunches, evidenced by 5-game and 6-game (8-game if you count the playoffs) winning streaks last season.

Historically, Kaepernick has been known to play a few games a year in which he just implodes (the Indy and Carolina games last year come to mind). I follow the NFC West pretty closely, and IMHO, Kap and the 49ers Offense is very dynamic and can make the proper game-to-game adjustments. They will be fine.

Now, if you want to talk about the Patriots demise, I'm listening.

Bill Cody
09-25-2014, 02:59 PM
No less than others repeatedly say the same things here otherwise.

As if this place is a hub of original thinking or something.

How many times do we have to listen to the stupidity of bending over backwards to be able to get a QB, Manuel in this case, to function as a 16th overall draft pick should?

How many times do we have to listen to "getting Spiller the ball in space" when even when he has it in space he still hasn't done what everyone says that he will and when he never did it in college while carrying the ball rushing?

How many times to we have to hear about how Watkins is going to revolutionize the offense despite the notion that the only time he's done anything at all besides in practice was against the Fins?

I guess the talk about how Spikes is going to make the loss of Byrd not felt and how he'll make a huge impact on D has now run its course, so no sense in asking about that one. One down.

this post is an amazing douche bag

Night Train
09-25-2014, 03:09 PM
I think the "demise" of the 49ers and Kaepernick is greatly exaggerated. They have an absolutely brutal schedule this year and are already in the toughest division in the NFL (2 games against Arizona, 2 against Seattle, Road games at Denver and New Orleans, and Home games against the Chargers, Eagles, and Redskins). They may not make the playoffs this year. However, I think they make a late season run when Aldon Smith and Navarro Bowman return. They can also win in bunches, evidenced by 5-game and 6-game (8-game if you count the playoffs) winning streaks last season.

Historically, Kaepernick has been known to play a few games a year in which he just implodes (the Indy and Carolina games last year come to mind). I follow the NFC West pretty closely, and IMHO, Kap and the 49ers Offense is very dynamic and can make the proper game-to-game adjustments. They will be fine.

Was listening to CBS Sports radio the other day. Some San Fran beat writer agreed with the above but expressed concerns over the locker room having too many individuals who wish to do their own thing. I laughed when I suddenly remembered Stevie is there.

Not questioning the talent but an excessive number of Diva's can ruin the locker room and those 2nd half vanishing acts are a very real concern, along with the high number of dumb penalties.

GvilleBills
09-25-2014, 05:19 PM

Sounds about right. Our QB coach was available after getting fired because his QB regressed.

GvilleBills
09-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Side note: Am I the only one who's tired of "offensive" coaches?
This is Buffalo, its time the opposition feared playing here. The team models the mindset of the HC.

If Martine were to be axed, back the $ truck up to Dan Quinn's house and tell him to bring a bright Offensive mind with him.

GvilleBills
09-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Marrone. Not Martine. Wtf is martine autocorrect?

Mace
09-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Marrone. Not Martine. Wtf is martine autocorrect?

lmao.

Looking that far ahead. SF's DC Fangio maybe, or Seattle's Quinn. If they feel the need to go offense, Darry Bevell from Seattle, or....there might be a new guy to watch, had a decent enough player career, was an offensive assistant, QB coach, receivers coach, is an OC atm....guy named Reich in San Diego.

GvilleBills
09-26-2014, 07:43 AM
lmao.

Looking that far ahead. SF's DC Fangio maybe, or Seattle's Quinn. If they feel the need to go offense, Darry Bevell from Seattle, or....there might be a new guy to watch, had a decent enough player career, was an offensive assistant, QB coach, receivers coach, is an OC atm....guy named Reich in San Diego.

it wouldn't happen, but I'd love Quinn as HC and Reich as Asst. HC and OC

GvilleBills
09-26-2014, 07:46 AM
i just wish his face was a little fatter

just from that pic, I wouldn't leave that dude alone around children.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/files/2012/01/ROMAN.jpg