PDA

View Full Version : not good press on Fitz going into bills game

trapezeus
09-25-2014, 07:55 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24722122/coach-killers-that-should-be-a-wrap-on-the-texans-ryan-fitzpatrick-era

coach killer? "the interception train is never late for fitz"

all strong indicators that he's going to have a gigantic 300 yard game against us.

interesting read.

Night Train
09-25-2014, 08:18 AM
With 2 killer INT's ? Hoping.

justasportsfan
09-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Marrones mistake was that they didn't expect Rivers to go deep as often as he did. Bills got burned.

The game plan should be the same for Fitz. Defend the short-mid field and force Fitz to go deep but expect it this time.

trapezeus
09-25-2014, 08:26 AM
i think you are right justa. he struggles with long ball accuracy. if you can make him throw that 10 yard sideline toss, that's where his lack of arm strength and his long windup get him in trouble. make him throw that pass under pressure and he will throw the INT.

i didn't know he was under performing schaub throgh3 games. schaub was terrible last year through3 games.

Bill Cody
09-25-2014, 08:33 AM
all strong indicators that he's going to have a gigantic 300 yard game against us.

yeah because he never failed to have a 300 yard game after getting ripped in the press here

justasportsfan
09-25-2014, 08:40 AM
i think you are right justa. he struggles with long ball accuracy.

unfortunately, it might be the same gameplan by the texans against EJ . :sadwalk:

trapezeus
09-25-2014, 11:50 AM
yeah because he never failed to have a 300 yard game after getting ripped in the press here

it was more a statement of the history of the bills giving people who have no business having a huge game a chance to shine than it is a reflection of Fitz being able to bounce back.

back up running backs come and have great days against the bills.
former players have big days against us.
former washed up players on their final season with a new team (think emmitt Smith, even thurman with the dolphins) have big days.

Fitz fits into two of those categories. it just makes me nervous. especially with bad press and week 3 talk about transitioning to a different guy.

Bill Cody
09-25-2014, 12:19 PM
it was more a statement of the history of the bills giving people who have no business having a huge game a chance to shine than it is a reflection of Fitz being able to bounce back.

back up running backs come and have great days against the bills.
former players have big days against us.
former washed up players on their final season with a new team (think emmitt Smith, even thurman with the dolphins) have big days.

Fitz fits into two of those categories. it just makes me nervous. especially with bad press and week 3 talk about transitioning to a different guy.

I expect this to be a very good game, looking forward to it with optimism.

feldspar
09-25-2014, 05:05 PM
The irony is that the Bills are paying Fitzpatrick WAY more than they are paying Manuel this season.

Bill Cody
09-26-2014, 09:23 AM
The irony is that the Bills are paying Fitzpatrick WAY more than they are paying Manuel this season.

I assume you mean because of the dead money. We're not actually paying Fitz a dime this year.

Historian
09-26-2014, 09:27 AM
I like our chances in this one too.

Bills by a Carpenter FG....something like 24-21.

feldspar
09-26-2014, 10:13 AM
I assume you mean because of the dead money. We're not actually paying Fitz a dime this year.

Dead money, correct.

Of course.

$7 million, I believe it is. Correct me if I'm wrong. Dumbest thing in the world to sign Fitz to that contract, let alone let that money bleed into this year. This is not an opinion I express only in hindsight.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Marrones mistake was that they didn't expect Rivers to go deep as often as he did. Bills got burned.

The game plan should be the same for Fitz. Defend the short-mid field and force Fitz to go deep but expect it this time.

Fitz go deep? When the hell did he ever do that?

stuckincincy
09-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Passing talent aside, Fitz is quick on the uptake -a skill honed during his time in BUF and the offense they used - and he took off down field to good effect. In another thread, a poster mentioned BUF's tendencies to play man pass D, and noted that Fitz may well take off what with pass defenders pursuing receivers and their backs to the LOS.

Bill Cody
09-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Dead money, correct.

Of course.

$7 million, I believe it is. Correct me if I'm wrong. Dumbest thing in the world to sign Fitz to that contract, let alone let that money bleed into this year. This is not an opinion I express only in hindsight.

I was opposed to it also but let's not get carried away. We're miles from the cap for this season, the dead money means nothing to us really. It's not like Peyton Manning was coming to Buffalo if we passed on Fitz. Finding a franchise QB ain't easy. Pretty sure Nix knew Fitz wasn't it but we did need SOMEONE to take the snaps.

Ed
09-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Dead money, correct.

Of course.

After Mario, I believe Stevie Johnson and Fitz are the next two biggest cap hits for this season. It will be nice to be able to clear all that space for free agency next year.

stuckincincy
09-26-2014, 02:09 PM
After Mario, I believe Stevie Johnson and Fitz are the next two biggest cap hits for this season. It will be nice to be able to clear all that space for free agency next year.

Mario lingers on...he costs 19M against the cap in 2015. I still shake my head at that deal.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2015/

If you would like to explore the details of dead money, I for one would be appreciative! Several others, I suppose.

Here is a whack at it:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1566775-nfl-free-agency-a-basic-expliantion-of-the-complex-concept-of-dead-money

:$:

sudzy
09-27-2014, 05:02 AM
Funny, I saw the headline "coach killer" and I automatically thought of the other QB playing in this game. Houston isn't married to Fitz. He's just holding the position until Mallett or Savage or a player to be determined is ready to take over. I doubt Bill O'Brien is losing sleep over it.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2014, 06:20 AM
I predict EJ gets injured this game.
He's about due.