PDA

View Full Version : Do the Bills really have better receivers?

ghz in pittsburgh
09-25-2014, 11:02 AM
The Bills made a lot of investments to WR corp. But looks like we are far, far away from being the leader in that category in NFL. Just look at the teams we have played.

Chicago: Marshall and Jeffery
Miami: Wallace and Hartline
Chargers: Allen and Floyd

I'd say we rank below all of them. Heck look into the next two games, we are still probably have inerior WRs:

Houston: Johnson and Hopkins (budding star)
Detroit: Johnson and Tate

And consider all the WRs we have are acquired within the last two years. Make you wonder who Fitz had during his time here to throw the ball to.

MikeInRoch
09-25-2014, 11:17 AM
"The Leader?" no. Way above average, yes.

better days
09-25-2014, 11:56 AM
The Bills made a lot of investments to WR corp. But looks like we are far, far away from being the leader in that category in NFL. Just look at the teams we have played.

I'd say we rank below all of them. Heck look into the next two games, we are still probably have inerior WRs:

And consider all the WRs we have are acquired within the last two years. Make you wonder who Fitz had during his time here to throw the ball to.

Just look at the teams we have played............

The Bills are 2-1, not 0-3.

Novacane
09-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Below Chicago yes. Below MIA and SD no way. What's so special about those tandems? Our WR just need a QB who can get them the ball.

EDS
09-25-2014, 12:08 PM

Probably an unfair comparison as the Bills receivers are talented and have potential, but too earlier in their careers to have demonstrable production. Meanwhile, most of the other receivers mentioned already have 1000+ receiving yard seasons under their belts.

All that being said, I think it is fair to say the other teams have receivers with more proven production.

Buffalogic
09-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Ridiculous question. We have one of the best WR corps in the league but nobody knows that but us because our QB sucks so badly and that's all any outsider can focus on.

Mahdi
09-25-2014, 01:51 PM
If we had Cutler or even Tannehill right now we would have one of the better WR corps in the league.

Even if Orton was in right now they would look a lot better than they do now.

I would have no problem with EJ if he was being coached properly. Unfortunately the coaches are going about it all wrong.

With any young QB they should be encouraged to just let it fly and make mistakes. But too often a coach wants to blend winning as a priority over developing a young QB. They are not compatible. They should be calling 35 throws per game and giving him the freedom to make plays and make mistakes.

EJ throws the ball like a guy worried about mistakes. He is trying to guide passes into his receivers instead of just letting them rip.

Night Train
09-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Something is up with Mike Williams. I thought he'd get far more snaps and looks. Speculate away.

justasportsfan
09-25-2014, 03:14 PM
IMO, a very good qb would be throwing for 4000 per season with our receivers.

GvilleBills
09-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Something is up with Mike Williams. I thought he'd get far more snaps and looks. Speculate away.

I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm saying it's because his routes take him >10 yards from the LOS.