• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Depressing stat of the day

With the Kansas City Royals clinching a playoff berth yesterday (their first since 1985), the Buffalo Bills are now the proud owners of the second longest playoff drought among the four major American sports.

Only the Toronto Blue Jays have us beat, failing to reach the postseason since 1993.

Post script to EJ Manuel: Learn how to play football. SOON.

Post script to Kyle Orton: Warm that arm up, buddy. All this team needs is stable QB play to compete for a wild card.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.
  • HAMMER
    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
    • Jul 2003

Re: Depressing stat of the day

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
    With the Kansas City Royals clinching a playoff berth yesterday (their first since 1985), the Buffalo Bills are now the proud owners of the second longest playoff drought among the four major American sports.

Only the Toronto Blue Jays have us beat, failing to reach the postseason since 1993.

Post script to Kyle Orton: Warm that arm up, buddy. All this team needs is stable QB play to compete for a wild card.
    If you think Orton is the solution you have issues.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

cmon man i dont want to be number one on this. theres gotta be a roller derby team somewhere that hasnt made the playoffs in forever
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

At least we aren't the Washington Generals... as much as EJ wants to be Red Klotz.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

This would be a nice list to avoid... our friends to the north failed to hold serve this season so we have another shot at it before they start up again. Equally sadly, the last time they made it they won it all I believe.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
            • Sep 2010

We're number 1! Oh...
            Originally posted by OpIv37
            You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Im a Bills and Jays fan.. Boy do I miss the 90s

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
                If you think Orton is the solution you have issues.
                I know this much.

Orton understands the position well enough to not take the idiotic safety that EJ took last week.

We can't afford that kind of idiocy under center. Our defense is playing too well to hang them out to dry like that.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

Also HAMMER, just so we're clear, I do not accept criticism from a Bon Jovi fan. Ever.

Liking JBV = no taste, no class, no self-respect.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

Wild cards & just making the playoffs in a year that the team has no chance to win it all are low expectations that I find completely unacceptable. If a team makes the playoffs & gets trounced in the 1st game the season is a failure. Just because the Bills haven't made the playoffs in 14 years doesn't matter. What matters is the team hasn't been good enough to compete for a championship. In 3 years from now, I'd rather extend the streak & actually see them win one than get into the playoffs the next 2 seasons & in season 3 get knocked off for the 3rd straight year in the 1st game. The goal is to build a champion, not a wild card loser.
                    As far as the playoffless streak, I could care less. Until this team is a Super Bowl contender, this team is a failure.

Comment

• JoeMama
                      Emotion Sickness
                      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                      Wild cards & just making the playoffs in a year that the team has no chance to win it all are low expectations that I find completely unacceptable. If a team makes the playoffs & gets trounced in the 1st game the season is a failure. Just because the Bills haven't made the playoffs in 14 years doesn't matter. What matters is the team hasn't been good enough to compete for a championship. In 3 years from now, I'd rather extend the streak & actually see them win one than get into the playoffs the next 2 seasons & in season 3 get knocked off for the 3rd straight year in the 1st game. The goal is to build a champion, not a wild card loser.
                      As far as the playoffless streak, I could care less. Until this team is a Super Bowl contender, this team is a failure.
                      Then you're nuts.

Basic logic says that making the playoffs is part of the natural progression toward becoming a contender.

You want us to go from 0 to 60 in one season. That's an absurd expectation, which is worse than a "low" expectation because of how incredibly bizarre it is.

We need improvement. Once you crack the playoffs, you have something to build on. You can find the missing pieces to complete the puzzle and contend for a SB.

How you possibly disagree with this is beyond comprehension.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                        • Aug 2013

: ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Comment

• Gibby
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post

Yeah, but you're missing the most important part of this story: THE ROYALS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS, THE ROYALS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS, thank God almighty THE ROYALS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS (wait until you see what I say when the Bills get back to the post season, lets hope we find out sooner rather than later). Actually the Bills are the sole stinkers in my sports world. My college hoops teams have done very well in the past couple years, the Royals have been playing decently for a couple years, but the Bills. Well, if we can ever get a QB.
                          Last edited by Generalissimus Gibby; 09-27-2014, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Toronto sucks.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

In related news, Toronto's streak of not making the NFL playoffs continues into infinity.

Thanks, Terry Pegula!

Comment

Working...
                              X