PDA

View Full Version : You Fanboys Seen Enough Now ???

k-oneputt
09-28-2014, 01:24 PM
EJ sucks.

black N yellow
09-28-2014, 01:25 PM
I hate to remind you of this, but JP Losman and Trent Edwards had much longer periods of time to prove that they don't have it. I doubt the Bills are quitting on this guy before this season is over.

chris66
09-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Square peg round hole

justasportsfan
09-28-2014, 01:32 PM
I hate to remind you of this, but JP Losman and Trent Edwards had much longer periods of time to prove that they don't have it. I doubt the Bills are quitting on this guy before this season is over.

JP Losman had a different OC every year and he didn't look this bad even with lesser weapons to work with.

If the bills insist on Ej , they can get fired for all I care

black N yellow
09-28-2014, 01:36 PM
JP Losman had a different OC every year and he didn't look this bad even with lesser weapons to work with.

They ought to insist on an offensive coordinator with an actual extensive resume, regardless of who the QB is next year. Hackett is trash.

Novacane
09-28-2014, 01:39 PM

They won't nor should they. Play him and remove all doubt if anyone still has any. I hope Pegula cleans house. These clowns hitched their wagon to EJ. They need to go with him.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2014, 01:46 PM

EJ makes Losman look like John Elway.

justasportsfan
09-28-2014, 01:56 PM
Chandler was seen crying on the sidelines. He missess Fitz. I'm about to cry too

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 02:15 PM

where are those coaches now? Exactly.

alohabillsfan
09-28-2014, 02:21 PM
EJ is laughable. He sucks period

don137
09-28-2014, 03:01 PM
The Bills have zero chance of making playoffs with EJ. Put in Orton.I have not seen anything from EJ to indicate he is ready to lead this team. So depressing watching him make bad play after bad play.

YardRat
09-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Two very bad games in a row.

The Jokeman
09-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Chandler was seen crying on the sidelines. He missess Fitz. I'm about to cry too

He should be crying from the bench damn Chandler isn't a starting caliber TE. As he drops catchable balls or makes costly penalties to hurt the team.

Novacane
09-28-2014, 03:17 PM

He's getting worse. It doesn't look good.

YardRat
09-28-2014, 03:17 PM
They ought to insist on an offensive coordinator with an actual extensive resume, regardless of who the QB is next year. Hackett is trash.

I don't think Hackett has been as bad of a job as some like to perceive, but the play design in that two minute package at the end of the game was absolute garbage...everything to the sideline, which is understandable to a point for obvious reasons, but with that much time left you have to have at least one receiver in the middle of the field to keep the defense honest and use as an outlet...you've got four downs, there's nothing wrong with killing the clock after a decent gain if that's what the defense is willing to give you.

YardRat
09-28-2014, 03:19 PM
He's getting worse. It doesn't look good.

The last two weeks certainly support that.

CoolBreeze
09-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Nope.. EJ starts next week, the week after, and the week after that. Maybe beyond

Novacane
09-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Nope.. EJ starts next week, the week after, and the week after that. Maybe beyond

I agree. Start him. I have zero faith he's going to get any better but start him anyway.

Crisis
09-28-2014, 03:34 PM
I'd want EJ to finish out the year as awful as he's been if we actually had a first rounder next year.... put Orton in since we pretty much gambled this year on a WR anyways

RedEyE
09-28-2014, 03:35 PM
You can't teach accuracy.

Mace
09-28-2014, 03:49 PM
I'd want EJ to finish out the year as awful as he's been if we actually had a first rounder next year.... put Orton in since we pretty much gambled this year on a WR anyways

I think I'd wait until the bye, we aren't going to the Super Bowl this year anyway.

Have to admit, it looks woeful to me how far Manuel appears to be from being capable of a 300 yard passing game. Also have to admit, Orton threw for 358 in his last game with Dallas last year.

Thurmal
09-28-2014, 03:56 PM

According to the geniuses on this board, you can! EJ just needs more time! He will somehow find a way to turn himself from the worst QB in football to one of the best! You're just being impatient!

The Jokeman
09-28-2014, 03:59 PM
According to the geniuses on this board, you can! EJ just needs more time! He will somehow find a way to turn himself from the worst QB in football to one of the best! You're just being impatient!

He isn't the worst, I think Geno Smith deserves that honor.

k-oneputt
09-28-2014, 04:02 PM

I don't. Ej is the worst and Geno is right in front of him.

starrymessenger
09-28-2014, 04:14 PM
He should be crying from the bench damn Chandler isn't a starting caliber TE. As he drops catchable balls or makes costly penalties to hurt the team.
That " catchable" ball is a good example of the delay in EJs execution.
Chandler had to stand there by himself for what seemed awhile before EJ pulled the trigger.
In the NFL that gives DBS and backers time to adjust/recover, and make plays.
Happens a lot with EJ. Explains a fair # of "drops".

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 04:19 PM
I agree. Start him. I have zero faith he's going to get any better but start him anyway.

**** that. I want to win. I want the offensive coordinator to be able to use a play in which he doesn't have to rely on the quarterback having to hit his first read. Put Orton in.

DynaPaul
09-28-2014, 04:39 PM
He's going to play every game this year barring injury. When you've sunk that much into a QB it won't matter if you have the next Hall of Famer as a backup, the 1st round pick will get the nod.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2014, 04:41 PM
He's going to play every game this year barring injury. When you've sunk that much into a QB it won't matter if you have the next Hall of Famer as a backup, the 1st round pick will get the nod.

If that was the case, why bother signing Orton? Just roll with Tuel as the 2.

I think Orton was brought in, in case EJ completely shizzes the bed but I am unsure what the point exactly is. 2-2 after 4 games is not that point though.

sudzy
09-28-2014, 04:44 PM

Then kiss the playoffs goodbye. This team is too talented to miss the playoffs because the front office needs to save face.

The Jokeman
09-28-2014, 04:45 PM
If that was the case, why bother signing Orton? Just roll with Tuel as the 2.

I think Orton was brought in, in case EJ completely shizzes the bed but I am unsure what the point exactly is. 2-2 after 4 games is not that point though.

Orton is the "mentor" QB and considered a better backup than what we had in Lewis and Tuel. So if EJ happens to get hurt we might have a better chance at winning with our backup QB. 2-2 with two conference losses are killer if we want to talk about making the playoffs but who knows we might win the division outright. I guess the Lions will be a good litmus test to see how good/bad we are in relation to the Jets. Of course we still have to beat the Pats too.

The Jokeman
09-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Then kiss the playoffs goodbye. This team is too talented to miss the playoffs because the front office needs to save face.

Had this team kept SJ13 and drafted Ebron over trading up for Watkins I think we'd be in a better place.

sudzy
09-28-2014, 04:47 PM

What a relieve? I was ready to bench him, but as long he's the only the 2nd worst QB. Then let's ride him to another 6-10 season.

sudzy
09-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Had this team kept SJ13 and drafted Ebron over trading up for Watkins I think we'd be in a better place.

If this team didn't try and force a pick on a QB in one of the worst QB drafts and drafted Bridgewater this year we would be in a far better place.

Albany,n.y.

All that extra time did was give them enough rope to hang themselves. What's the point on continuing to play QBs that are showing nothing-tradition?

The Jokeman
What a relieve? I was ready to bench him, but as long he's the only the 2nd worst QB. Then let's ride him to another 6-10 season.

We might still be an 8-8 team by the time the seasons done. I'm not ready to anoint this season over yet but it feels like getting closer if we can't find a way to win winnable games again.

Novacane
09-28-2014, 04:50 PM

We'd still have EJ. We'd be in a better place next draft day but wouldn't be any better off right now

The Jokeman
09-28-2014, 04:52 PM
If this team didn't try and force a pick on a QB in one of the worst QB drafts and drafted Bridgewater this year we would be in a far better place.

If we hired a proven OC like Norv Turner and made Hacket our QB coach last year we might be in a better place too.

CoolBreeze
09-28-2014, 04:54 PM

Someday, when your done with it. I'd like to look at your crystal ball

Mr. Pink
09-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Someday, when your done with it. I'd like to look at your crystal ball

You really think that guy behind center who can't make plays consistently can take any team to the playoffs?

The Jokeman
09-28-2014, 04:57 PM
We'd still have EJ. We'd be in a better place next draft day but wouldn't be any better off right now

See to me a QB is a product of his environment and quite frankly the Bills didn't help EJ out this season by thinking a guy like Watkins was going to make this team better. As I posted after the draft I felt a combo of SJ13, Mike Williams and Robert Woods and Ebron at TE > Mike Williams, Watkins, Woods and Chandler. Now yes in two or three years Watkins might prove to be the game changer we all want him to be but I didn't expect it as a rookie and that's why would have given EJ a more reliable move the chains type WR like Stevie this year. Then we could have used a draft pick next year on a kid like Amari Cooper.

CoolBreeze
09-28-2014, 05:02 PM
You really think that guy behind center who can't make plays consistently can take any team to the playoffs?

Any given sunday. Manuel's been bad, but based on weeks 1 and 2 we can win with him... His accuracy is bad. But I have faith other players are already in his ear telling him to step it up. I expect he settles down in the pocket and does so in the coming weeks. I guess we'll see

pmoon6
09-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Well, you play the players that give you the best chance to win the game regardless of where they were drafted or how much money they make. E.J. should have been pulled midway though the third quarter.

It's clear to me now that Marrone is sacrificing the season to develop Manuel using the game situation. He should be benched and holding a clipboard. Maybe he will be able to mature and get competent that way.

I will never a proponent of starting a rookie QB and letting him learn under fire anyway.

Mr. Pink
09-28-2014, 05:09 PM
I will never a proponent of starting a rookie QB and letting him learn under fire anyway.

Unfortunately that is the norm in this league nowadays.

And plenty of rookies can come in and look competent from the start.

sudzy
09-28-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm not ready to anoint this season over yet but it feels like getting closer if we can't find a way to win winnable games again.

Orton is a good place to start. He might not be the answer either. This team is to talented too not make the playoffs. All they need is some good QB play.

justasportsfan
09-28-2014, 05:40 PM

In that case cut Watkins, Woods, Mike Williams because they are all doing the same thing with EJ at Qb.

Chandler wasn't dropping much passes with Fitz. Must be because Fitz didn't throw behind his receivers too much.

justasportsfan
09-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Orton is the "mentor" QB and considered a better backup than what we had in Lewis and Tuel. So if EJ happens to get hurt we might have a better chance at winning with our backup QB.

Uh, I'll take tuel over Ej right now. Tuel didn't look this bad last year even though he didn't have much snaps with the 1st unit. We upgraded the receiving unit this yesr and Ej looks worse than Tuel did.

Physical tools aside, I think Tuel would be a better qb

Ingtar33
09-28-2014, 07:32 PM

sure you can teach accuracy. But he won't learn it this season. and he has to be taught right and be willing to learn it. It can take YEARS to learn it. I'm not seeing that type of coaching in this team, and i've read and heard nothing about them working with him to teach him accuracy.

So while i disagree with the statement "you can't teach accuracy" i do agree with the point of the statement. which is "EJ won't learn accuracy in a timeframe that matters to this franchise or possibly his career"

kingJofNYC
09-28-2014, 07:39 PM
EJ is a project QB, a guy you take on the third day of the draft. You try to turn him into something after a couple of years if it ever happens at all. Instead the Bills take him in the first and start him on day 1....

good kid, awful football player. Will never understand how Whaley and Marrone but their careers in his hands, wtf did they watch when they looked at FSU tape? Someone must have blindfolded them...

WagonCircler
09-28-2014, 08:30 PM
Will never understand how Whaley and Marrone but their careers in his hands, wtf did they watch when they looked at FSU tape? Someone must have blindfolded them...

I think they showed them a reversed film of Jameis Winston, Ej's mirror image. Good football player, awful kid.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2014, 05:16 AM

2 bad games in a row and no good games all year.

Sure he's had a couple nice throws in the 2 wins but he hardly played good in either game.
The only reason Miami was still in the game was because how pathetic the Bills offense is.

Discotrish
09-29-2014, 06:44 AM

He missed wide open guys when there wasn't any defender anywhere in the frame. Then there were the wide open guys he never even looked at. But, that's the next level, we won't go there.

Patti

DraftBoy
09-29-2014, 07:16 AM
sure you can teach accuracy. But he won't learn it this season. and he has to be taught right and be willing to learn it. It can take YEARS to learn it. I'm not seeing that type of coaching in this team, and i've read and heard nothing about them working with him to teach him accuracy.

So while i disagree with the statement "you can't teach accuracy" i do agree with the point of the statement. which is "EJ won't learn accuracy in a timeframe that matters to this franchise or possibly his career"

They did spend a lot of time with him this offseason on footwork which is the first step in that progression. A large part of the issue with EJ is that he's got ideal size, a good arm, and he's athletic. His coaches faltered back in MS, and HS by letting his mechanics be whatever he wanted because he was good he could cover it.

EJ very well may be so far behind on the mechanics and nuances of the QB position that he may never fully get it. Which is why many people didn't agree with taking him in the first round. He never should of seen the field last year in all honesty but his draft status dictated he had to.

Fletch
09-29-2014, 07:39 AM
EJ is a project QB, a guy you take on the third day of the draft. You try to turn him into something after a couple of years if it ever happens at all. Instead the Bills take him in the first and start him on day 1....

good kid, awful football player. Will never understand how Whaley and Marrone but their careers in his hands, wtf did they watch when they looked at FSU tape? Someone must have blindfolded them...

Exactly!

Thanks!

Which is why Whaley needs to go, immediately. The Watkins thing just puts gasoline on that fire.