PDA

View Full Version : A FootBall Team With A Quarterback Problem IX

Typ0
09-28-2014, 05:08 PM
What really can be said about this weeks problem? The team pretty much completely dominated the Texans this week with the exception of one single position...the quarterback. There was so much opportunity and so little capitalization. So many poor throws and such appearances of that deer in headlights look. Blah. I was so optimistic after the first two weeks that EJ might be turning a corner but now....BLAH.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 05:29 PM
Every time he's about to walk on the field, the look on his face is exactly the same. Like he's lost and doesn't have a care in the world. He is so lackadaisical that is makes me sick. The kid has no fire in his belly. He does not deserve to be behind center on an NFL team.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 05:30 PM
I've never seen him pissed off. It like he doesn't care about anything. I don't get it.

Novacane
09-28-2014, 05:35 PM
I've never seen him pissed off. It like he doesn't care about anything. I don't get it.

He has not right to be pissed off unless it's at himself.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 05:45 PM
He has not right to be pissed off unless it's at himself.

Exactly, when Jim kelly used to throw a pick he would be mother ****ing himself. or he would go over and talk to the guys and tell them not to worry. We'll make up for it next time. EJ just sticks his finger up ass and sucks his thumb on the hand that's not up his ass.

Mace
09-28-2014, 06:05 PM
I understand people are upset with Manuel, but in the game I watched we just didn't totally dominate Houston.

Novacane
09-28-2014, 06:08 PM
I understand people are upset with Manuel, but in the game I watched we just didn't totally dominate Houston.

They would of if he had made plays. That's the point.

Typ0
09-28-2014, 06:10 PM

Had Manual hit HALF of the ****ty throws he made he would have thrown for 450 yards and 5 TDS. Houston would have been destroyed and Fitz would have been Fitz...he would have thrown 3 picks.

Mace
09-28-2014, 06:15 PM
They would of if he had made plays. That's the point.

Manuel doesn't play defense. Look at the box score. They were two basically weak teams having a slapfest. The box scores show no domination. They would have dominated Houston too if Spiller ran for 150 yards, or if Mario had 5 sacks, if Gilmore had 3 ints, or if Searcy had forced 4 fumbles. I get the point and agree that Manuel is bad, but let's not make pretend this is a dominant team that cannot shutdown Ryan Fitzpatrick who was their entire offense.

Mace
09-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Had Manual hit HALF of the ****ty throws he made he would have thrown for 450 yards and 5 TDS. Houston would have been destroyed and Fitz would have been Fitz...he would have thrown 3 picks.

Houston gave up 193 RUSHING YARDS to the GIANTS. We passed 44 times against 23 rushes ! We could not stop Ryan Fitzpatrick !

Novacane
09-28-2014, 06:18 PM
Manuel doesn't play defense. Look at the box score. They were two basically weak teams having a slapfest. The box scores show no domination. They would have dominated Houston too if Spiller ran for 150 yards, or if Mario had 5 sacks, if Gilmore had 3 ints, or if Searcy had forced 4 fumbles. I get the point and agree that Manuel is bad, but let's not make pretend this is a dominant team that cannot shutdown Ryan Fitzpatrick who was their entire offense.

The plays weren't there for those players to make. They were for EJ. He had wide open receivers all day and couldn't make accurate throws. I've defended this bum till today. This loss is all on him.

Novacane
09-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Houston gave up 193 RUSHING YARDS to the GIANTS. We passed 44 times against 23 rushes ! We could not stop Ryan Fitzpatrick !

The D held Fitzcraptrick to 16 points. Stop defending a loser QB

Mace
09-28-2014, 06:26 PM
The D held Fitzcraptrick to 16 points. Stop defending a loser QB

You seem confused, I'm not defending him. He's terrible. But he's not the only bad on this team.

It's kind of funny you're saying the D "held" FITZPATRICK to 282 yards of offense. Whew, I guess, good thing we contained Ryan Fitzpatrick. Come on now.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 06:28 PM

Doesn't change the fact that EJ is a pussy.

Mace
09-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Doesn't change the fact that EJ is a pussy.

Sure doesn't.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 06:29 PM

This is a thread about the quarterback sucking huge dick. Which he does. Major dick. He is 100% the number one problem with this team. He is holding this team back. There's no doubt about it.

SpikedLemonade
09-28-2014, 06:31 PM

The play calling was stupid.

Perhaps EJ would have poorly executed a better called offense as well.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 06:32 PM
You seem confused, I'm not defending him. He's terrible. But he's not the only bad on this team.

It's kind of funny you're saying the D "held" FITZPATRICK to 282 yards of offense. Whew, I guess, good thing we contained Ryan Fitzpatrick. Come on now.

You're right. Marrone and Hackett are right behind him as #1 problems. Because they continue to rub his back and feed him with a baby bottle.

Mace
09-28-2014, 06:35 PM
This is a thread about the quarterback sucking huge dick. Which he does. Major dick. He is 100% the number one problem with this team. He is holding this team back. There's no doubt about it.

Sorry, I got tangled up in how we completely dominated Houston, which was in the post. Had it gone on only about the QB sucking huge dick, I'd have nodded.

Unfortunately though, it didn't, and there's no saying we competely dominated Houston, though Manuel is terrible, so, make another thread and be more concise I guess.

Typ0
09-28-2014, 06:47 PM

That's just it though....Houston is a running team and they had like 30 yards rushing. They were forced to make Fitz throw it to win. When you do that to Fitz it's a crap shoot if he plays well or throws the game away. That's exactly what you want to do to Houston...and if you can score some points they are toast.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 06:49 PM
Sorry, I got tangled up in how we completely dominated Houston, which was in the post. Had it gone on only about the QB sucking huge dick, I'd have nodded.

Unfortunately though, it didn't, and there's no saying we competely dominated Houston, though Manuel is terrible, so, make another thread and be more concise I guess.

I think the point should have been we would have dominated with a quarterback who didn't suck worse than Tim Couch.

EJ makes Akili Smith look like Randall Cunningham.

ServoBillieves
09-28-2014, 06:59 PM
We held Arian Foster and Alfred Blue to 6 and 9 yards respectively. Hopkins TD was on blown/bad coverage by Corey Graham, while the rest of the points put up by Houston's offense were FG's. When a defense plays that well, the team wins either in a blow out or handily.

"NAY NAY!" yelled EJ, as he threw the ball straight at JJ Watt. That's 7 points more, and the complete ineptitude to hit WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS, recognize blitzes, EVERYTHING about his game today was piss poor. Even his TD to Mike Williams was on the run, plant your feet and bomb the damn thing.

And here's an idea coaches, if your QB is not playing well OR your receivers are having drops, and you're playing a defense that's not great against the run, and you see your RB's getting 7-8 yards per rush, KEEP RUNNING THE ****ING BALL! I was at a complete and utter loss for words while watching this game today. There was absolutely no way, with even a mediocre quarterback, this game ends up the way it did.

WagonCircler
09-28-2014, 07:03 PM
Manuel doesn't play defense. Look at the box score..

But Manuel makes 3 and outs, which mean the Defense has to work so much harder.

kingJofNYC
09-28-2014, 07:12 PM
It's amazing Hurkey that you wanted this team to draft EJ in the first place, since this is exactly how he looked and played at FSU.

At least this nightmare will be over in a year, then we can move to the next scrub QB.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 07:14 PM
It's amazing Hurkey that you wanted this team to draft EJ in the first place, since this is exactly how he looked and played at FSU.

At least this nightmare will be over in a year, then we can move to the next scrub QB.

I can't deny it. I saw everything in him that I thought could turn out to be a great NFL QB. Obviously, I couldn't have been more wrong. I did always say that he needed to sit for a year because he was way too raw to start. Kevin Kolb hurting himself while he was cutting his fingernails didn't help.

Typ0
09-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Way too much is being read into the benching of Manuel. He was overwhelmed out there and not able to process. It's really that simple. He needed to get out of there before more crap got piled onto the heap. If this is the end of Manuel's NFL career that's just another reason to bench him right now because he was never going to make it. How he responds will determine his career. They believed in him because of his work ethic...now it's time to prove it and sort out that brain and get back on the horse.

That being said...this benching I see as an utter failure due to the fact that it didn't come in the third quarter of last weeks game. The loss in Houston is a devastating blow to the team. They should have been positioned better for a win by getting Manual out of there earlier. Now they are pulling the trigger at this point in the season. Another evident travesty in the cluelessness of OBD.

DynaPaul
09-29-2014, 04:33 PM
We're still in it Typ0. Had they waited until midseason this would be much different.

The Jokeman
09-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Exactly, when Jim kelly used to throw a pick he would be mother ****ing himself. or he would go over and talk to the guys and tell them not to worry. We'll make up for it next time. EJ just sticks his finger up ass and sucks his thumb on the hand that's not up his ass.

Because Kelly was a gambler type who thrived on making or missing the big play with his arm which was great until the Super Bowl when he played superior defenses that could contain Thurman Thomas and when we had to rely on Jim alone to carry us he fall apart like a house of cards. EJ was a RJ type in he'd do anything he could do to avoid the mistake. The only difference is he wasn't as fragile as RJ.

Typ0
09-29-2014, 04:46 PM
We're still in it Typ0. Had they waited until midseason this would be much different.

But my question is why make this move now and not in the middle of the second half last weekend?

Typ0
09-29-2014, 04:49 PM
I am so glad that story ended with EJ sucking the thumb of the finger that wasn't up his ass ... it almost ruined my thread now it's just funny.