PDA

View Full Version : A silver lining to consider...

YardRat
09-28-2014, 06:33 PM
Regardless of feelings about certain aspects of the team (QB, pass defense, oline etc) or shoulda/coulda/woulda's (yeah, but, we could be 3-1 or 4-0), the fact remains if KC can handle New England tomorrow night, we're still tied for first in the division with 5 games left against those opponents. Even if NE wins, we're only a game out with two to play against them.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Gross

Novacane
09-28-2014, 06:37 PM
True but it's hard to buy into that when we know what's coming down the road. Is EJ going to suddenly get it? I doubt it. Are our putrid guards going to suddenly not be putrid? I doubt it. Our defense although not great is good enough to compete with. Our offense is not.

YardRat
09-28-2014, 06:42 PM
Tough sked leading up to the bye...at DET, NE, MINN, at NYJ.

The thing is, even as bad as we've played, none of those games are not winnable. The other thing is, as bad as we've played, none of them are not losable.

black N yellow
09-28-2014, 06:52 PM
this division is starting to remind me of the NFC west several years ago where a 7-9 team won the division.

Thunderkyss
09-28-2014, 08:05 PM
I don't get around here often. I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I've noticed the things Buffalo has done & all the way back to Chan Gailey I've been impressed with the direction this team is headed. Very solid defensive picks, not caving to Jarius Byrd, making do with whatever you could get on offense, Fred Jackson... That man personifies what I believe Buffalo football is.

I like Doug Marrone & the staff he put together. I know it looks like a long time coming, but if it's not this year, Buffalo is going to be a very strong team in the NFL soon.

I like Ej Manuel. I understand the criticism, most of it is warranted, but he is young, he has all the tools, he's smart, & he's a natural born leader. He's not perfect, he's not this "new fangled athletic" QB.... he's more of a pure pocket passer.

But anyway, I think your team is in the exact same place my team is & we're two years removed from being "Super Bowl Contenders" We've had a little more success recently, but we also have had a little more continuity. I think you have a good bunch of guys running things now & your time is close..... may be this year. Who knows, but it'll be fun to watch.

WagonCircler
09-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Tough sked leading up to the bye...at DET, NE, MINN, at NYJ.

The thing is, even as bad as we've played, none of those games are not winnable. The other thing is, as bad as we've played, none of them are not losable.

They're all not winnable with this QB.

If Doug Marrone doesn't have the balls to at least try to save his job by going with Orton, then to me, that's the silver lining.

That's when we know he's a rockhead and it's time to move on. It's already blatantly obvious that Whaley and Brandon need to go.

The silver lining will be a clean slate, at the perfect time for a clean slate. New owner, fresh start.

I'm willing to cut Marrone a tiny bit of slack, because he was dealt such a bad hand. But if he decides that he's going down with the SS Manuel, then that slack is revoked.

Skooby
09-28-2014, 08:22 PM
I don't get around here often. I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I've noticed the things Buffalo has done & all the way back to Chan Gailey I've been impressed with the direction this team is headed. Very solid defensive picks, not caving to Jarius Byrd, making do with whatever you could get on offense, Fred Jackson... That man personifies what I believe Buffalo football is.

I like Doug Marrone & the staff he put together. I know it looks like a long time coming, but if it's not this year, Buffalo is going to be a very strong team in the NFL soon.

I like Ej Manuel. I understand the criticism, most of it is warranted, but he is young, he has all the tools, he's smart, & he's a natural born leader. He's not perfect, he's not this "new fangled athletic" QB.... he's more of a pure pocket passer.

But anyway, I think your team is in the exact same place my team is & we're two years removed from being "Super Bowl Contenders" We've had a little more success recently, but we also have had a little more continuity. I think you have a good bunch of guys running things now & your time is close..... may be this year. Who knows, but it'll be fun to watch.

I've haven't seen English this bad in a while, I'm drunk & it's terrible. Just do us a favor, take a few night courses for English & at least get up to 8th grade (at best). If you can't figure it out from there, simply don't post. I've never seen ignorance like this unless mentally challenged.

WagonCircler
09-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Fred Jackson... That man personifies what I believe Buffalo football is..

Awesome post, so far! Please, by all means--continue!

Buffalo is going to be a very strong team in the NFL soon..

Good stuff. Carry on, Thunderkyss.

I like Ej Manuel..

Ohhhhhh! You just lost all credibility.

Thanks for playing.

kingJofNYC
09-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Ah, I love when fans look at the silver lining aka become delusional....

We can't beat the Texans after being up 3-0 in the turnover battle...enough said. Three turnover for us, none for them, and they go on a 20-0 run. But the rest of the schedule looks winnable....

Ask yourself/selves how many times you've said this same exact thing, what was the end result.....

Skooby
09-28-2014, 08:37 PM

We can't beat the Texans after being up 3-0 in the turnover battle...enough said. Three turnover for us, none for them, and they go on a 20-0 run. But the rest of the schedule looks winnable....

Ask yourself/selves how many times you've said this same exact thing, what was the end result.....Bedwetting?

imbondz
09-28-2014, 08:38 PM

Ask yourself/selves how many times you've said this same exact thing, what was the end result.....

yep. the silver lining is dark dark dark gray

IlluminatusUIUC
09-28-2014, 09:47 PM
Regardless of feelings about certain aspects of the team (QB, pass defense, oline etc) or shoulda/coulda/woulda's (yeah, but, we could be 3-1 or 4-0), the fact remains if KC can handle New England tomorrow night, we're still tied for first in the division with 5 games left against those opponents. Even if NE wins, we're only a game out with two to play against them.

Yes, the silver lining is that we finally have a playoff caliber defense and a soft division and EJ might throw our chance into the dirt. Or-ton or-ton or-ton

RedEyE
09-28-2014, 10:01 PM
If EJ can't find the switch this team will be 2-4 after the Patriots game.

kingJofNYC
09-28-2014, 10:49 PM
I don't know if this D is playoff caliber with the injuries they sustained so far. Scheme is the biggest issue, Schwartz is way too predictable. Last year I think our D was capable, we just didn't have a run stuffer like Spikes. Now we have Spikes but zero disguise in coverages/blitzes.

Historian
09-29-2014, 04:51 AM

Very true.

And we haven't won in Detroit since 1979.

Fletch
09-29-2014, 06:48 AM
.Our defense although not great is good enough to compete with. Our offense is not.

That's odd, most people here argued vehemently that our D was going to be great this season and that our offense would at least be competitive.

Spikes and Watkins, remember.

Not so much I suppose. I guess our front office once again dropped the ball in their player evaluations.

Fletch
09-29-2014, 06:51 AM
.I've never seen ignorance like this unless mentally challenged.

That's odd because you post here regularly.

Fletch
09-29-2014, 06:53 AM

And 4-12 after the 2nd Pats game.

It's not like our defense is playing above average football either.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if this D is playoff caliber with the injuries they sustained so far. Scheme is the biggest issue, Schwartz is way too predictable. Last year I think our D was capable, we just didn't have a run stuffer like Spikes. Now we have Spikes but zero disguise in coverages/blitzes.

That's what happens when you go all-in for a bunch of purely run defending LBs. Wasn't that predictable?