PDA

View Full Version : EJ Manuel "pensive"

black N yellow
09-28-2014, 07:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/142411/ej-manuel-pensive-after-bills-loss

Quarterback EJ Manuel (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15803/ej-manuel?ex_cid=null), who struggled for most of Sunday's game, was one of the last players to leave the Bills' locker room. While most of his teammates changed and headed for the team bus, Manuel sat facing his locker with his head down. A couple of teammates came over to offer Manuel encouragement, but for the most part he was left alone. The second-year quarterback normally is remarkably even-keeled as he meets reporters after games, but I saw a slightly more beleaguered Manuel on Sunday.

Coach Doug Marrone was asked directly if there was "any consideration or temptation" to turn to backup quarterback Kyle Orton (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8520/kyle-orton?ex_cid=null) in Sunday's game. "No, no, not at all," Marrone responded.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2014, 07:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/142411/ej-manuel-pensive-after-bills-loss

Quarterback EJ Manuel (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15803/ej-manuel?ex_cid=null), who struggled for most of Sunday's game, was one of the last players to leave the Bills' locker room. While most of his teammates changed and headed for the team bus, Manuel sat facing his locker with his head down. A couple of teammates came over to offer Manuel encouragement, but for the most part he was left alone. The second-year quarterback normally is remarkably even-keeled as he meets reporters after games, but I saw a slightly more beleaguered Manuel on Sunday.

Coach Doug Marrone was asked directly if there was "any consideration or temptation" to turn to backup quarterback Kyle Orton (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8520/kyle-orton?ex_cid=null) in Sunday's game. "No, no, not at all," Marrone responded.

Oh. my. god. This is going to be another long year of suffering. The only thing we can hope for is that when Pegula becomes official, he fires Marrone that very day.

BillsFanCupp38
09-28-2014, 07:51 PM
If EJ can bounce back next week it will all be good. If not he needs to be benched immediately. This proves he has no mental toughness right now and is not ready to be an NFL caliber QB.

Skooby
09-28-2014, 07:54 PM
Pray Pegula simply says lets end this madness now.

Skooby
09-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Oh. my. god. This is going to be another long year of suffering. The only thing we can hope for is that when Pegula becomes official, he fires Marrone that very day.

I have my fingers crossed, just toss this guy aside ASAP.

YardRat
09-28-2014, 08:35 PM

Other than QB, oline, and TE this team is going in the right direction. Because of the youth movement, oline may be on the way. Add an interior olineman, a legit TE...if EJ doesn't get his head out of his ass, it is an attractive opportunity for another QB.

WagonCircler
09-28-2014, 08:37 PM
Pray Pegula simply says lets end this madness now.

That's not how Pegula works. He's a plotter.

The Sabres are rebuilding on a long term plan.

He may clean house at the end of the season (please, God) , but he won't do anything before then.

Buffalogic
09-28-2014, 09:09 PM
I honestly feel bad for the guy. It's not his fault, he's just not good enough. It has to be painful to realize you are going to fail at this level.

jills
09-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Manuel is probably thinking: "How long until I finally get benched?".

TacklingDummy
09-29-2014, 05:47 AM
Manuel is probably thinking: "How long until I finally get benched?".

When he fakes a injury in the 1st quarter next week.

Discotrish
09-29-2014, 06:41 AM
But is he perturbed?

Patti

coastal
09-29-2014, 07:07 AM
No? Not at all?

im just a stupid ****ing fan, but when you can see Robert Woods throwing a fit after every poorly thrown ball... it's a pretty clear indication that EJ is losing the team.

continue to run EJ out there and the team melts as usual.

its not really complicated.

Historian
09-29-2014, 07:17 AM
He's probably thinking..."That assistant manager job at Best Buy is looking pretty good about now.'

Fletch
09-29-2014, 07:22 AM

And Whaley and about 15 other people that have reeked up the joint for years.

- - - Updated - - -

If EJ can bounce back next week it will all be good. If not he needs to be benched immediately. This proves he has no mental toughness right now and is not ready to be an NFL caliber QB.

We're told here now that he'll need a few years to improve. We shouldn't give up on him we're told, he'll come along eventually.

Buffalo, masters of the perpetual rebuild.

Skooby
09-29-2014, 07:22 AM
He's probably thinking..."That assistant to the assistant manager job at Best Buy is looking pretty good about now.'
Fixed.

Fletch
09-29-2014, 07:23 AM
No? Not at all?

im just a stupid ****ing fan, but when you can see Robert Woods throwing a fit after every poorly thrown ball... it's a pretty clear indication that EJ is losing the team.

None of this is really complicated. Yet ...

The King
09-29-2014, 08:06 AM
No? Not at all?

I saw this too.

Cleve
09-29-2014, 08:11 AM
Well, whatever Marrone may or may not be thinking, he's not going to publicly throw Manuel under the proverbial bus. It's hard to believe that any professional football coach could review Manuel's performance in the last year+ and not think that he's deficient in many key areas - some that cannot be "coached" out of him.

This is carryover baggage from the Gailey/Nix Era; and even before. I only hope Pegula learned his lesson from the Sabres debacle (retaining Regier and Ruff) and cleans house MUCH sooner, and thoroughly.

justasportsfan
09-29-2014, 08:21 AM
If EJ can bounce back next week it will all be good. Nope. I will still have doubts he'll ever be anything better than a game manager. Not even sure he can consistently be good at doing that.

Albany,n.y.
09-29-2014, 08:37 AM
Time to figure out what QBs will be available in the off-season.
By not having an alternate QB plan, Whaley & Marrone did themselves in. When Seattle signed Matt Flynn, they also drafted Wilson the same year because competent management doesn't put everything into one unproven QB, champions hedge their bets. The Patriots have drafted more QBs since Brady took over than the Bills have.
I won't mind if next January Pegula cleans house and that includes all the scouts that saw something that made them think EJ was 1st round material.

Historian
09-29-2014, 08:45 AM
This is carryover baggage from the Gailey/Nix Era; and even before. I only hope Pegula learned his lesson from the Sabres debacle (retaining Regier and Ruff) and cleans house MUCH sooner, and thoroughly.

Me too.

Because my fear is that after buying the team, he's going to take some time to decompress, and that is the absolute worst thing he could do from a business and a fan standpoint.

Discotrish
09-29-2014, 08:51 AM
Well, whatever Marrone may or may not be thinking, he's not going to publicly throw Manuel under the proverbial bus. It's hard to believe that any professional football coach could review Manuel's performance in the last year+ and not think that he's deficient in many key areas - some that cannot be "coached" out of him.

I don't know that it's better for EJ to throw himself under the bus.

Not to mention the fact that he couldn't hit a bus with a pass from the crosswalk.

Patti