X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

I'm all for devolping a QB, giving them time, etc. But

At what expense? This team should be 3-1 for sure, and who knows how the Charger game would've shook out if there was a QB behind center that didn't miss every single wide open WR.

The division is up for grabs. The Defense is playoff caliber. The running game is playoff caliber. The passing game is garbage.

Don't give me EJ didn't have enough time, either. Even when he had time, he made terrible throws. Over threw guys, missed wide open guys, bounced passes in the dirt. This team won't win anything with EJ at QB. Sit him down. Let him learn from the sidelines. Enough is enough. I literally had to turn the game Sunday, which I haven't done since Losman was QB. It was that hard to watch.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: I'm all for devolping a QB, giving them time, etc. But

It's weird he's developed his pocket presence a ton, he's definitely making plays and buying time with his feet. But he's just not putting his receivers in a place where they can succeed. And as mentioned in another post, he's losing them. Woods was irate after about 3 plays on Sunday.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

No player is above the entire team.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

In a couple of years, when the Bills let EJ go, I don't want to see any THE BILLS RUINED EJ posts like we saw with our last 1st round bust, JP Losman.

Bad QBs ruin the careers of their coaches, many people have it backwards.

Comment

• Gibby
          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
          • Jun 2006

I am turning slowly on him, but right now while his head is on the block, I haven't yet brought in the axe man.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
            It's weird he's developed his pocket presence a ton, he's definitely making plays and buying time with his feet. But he's just not putting his receivers in a place where they can succeed. And as mentioned in another post, he's losing them. Woods was irate after about 3 plays on Sunday.
            It's sad really because Woods and EJ definitely had something going last season. I don't know if it's the moving Woods to the slot or what but they definitely not on the same page.

Comment

• Cleve
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
              In a couple of years, when the Bills let EJ go, I don't want to see any THE BILLS RUINED EJ posts like we saw with our last 1st round bust, JP Losman.

Yep. Look at Munchak at the Titans - the team was 3-1; then Locker goes down to a season ending injury. Munchak pulls in Fitzpatrick - and dutifully, unswervingly stuck with Fitzpatrick for the rest of the year. The team quickly tanked, and it was all downhill from a promising start. Munchak *could* have at least tried some of the other backups - it was obvious that Fitzpatrick didn't have the keys to success. But Munchak didn't - he refused to start anyone else but Fitzpatrick. The team tanked, and Munchak was let go.

So yeah, a bad QB can be Kryptonite to a coach - particularly when the coach can't see the forest for the trees.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Cleve View Post
                Yep. Look at Munchak at the Titans - the team was 3-1; then Locker goes down to a season ending injury. Munchak pulls in Fitzpatrick - and dutifully, unswervingly stuck with Fitzpatrick for the rest of the year. The team quickly tanked, and it was all downhill from a promising start. Munchak *could* have at least tried some of the other backups - it was obvious that Fitzpatrick didn't have the keys to success. But Munchak didn't - he refused to start anyone else but Fitzpatrick. The team tanked, and Munchak was let go.

So yeah, a bad QB can be Kryptonite to a coach - particularly when the coach can't see the forest for the trees.
                People like to rag on EJ's accuracy Locker's is a whole lot worse toss in his inability to stay healthy. Now there's a team that definitely needs a new QB. I'm not willing to close the door on EJ yet. DO I think we should have won yesterday? Yes. Do I think EJ has to play better? Yes. How is the best way to do that? I say continue to play EJ and see if he can develop. Benching him now does nothing to help him on the field.
                Last edited by The Jokeman; 09-29-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Gibby
                  Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post

Yeah, our QB history since 1997 has been attrocious.

Todd Collins: Great guy, wanna have him on as a backup, but not a long term starter. I remember his rookie season and the good efforts he had against Dallas and Indy.

Billy Joe, or was it Bobby Joe? Anyways he didn't read the faulking playbook, which basically means he was stealing from us.

Flutie: Had intangibles and fun to watch, but overrated

Robosack: Great backup

AVP: Great backup

Nancy Drew Bledsoe: He peaked about 1996 and about week 8 of the 2002 season started a terminal plunge into retirement

JP: I hated the pick then, I hated it even more in 2005, a bit less in 2006, but back to hating it in 2007

Kelly Hopeless: remember Shiva's JP v. Kelly threads? Those were the only entertaining thing about Hopeless

Trent: Glass knees, noodle arm, and no courage is no way to go through life as an NFL QB

Fitz: Best Bills backup since Frank Reich, but you did not want him playing all year.

EJ: 2013 was a ****ty year for QBs, I wish we would have reached for Dalton in 2011

Thaddeus: I can only hope he's Catholic because then he -- a hopeless cause at NFL QB -- could ask for intercession of Jude Thaddeus the patron saint of hopeless causes

Jeff Tuel: Damn it boy, why did you throw the ball at the Chiefs defender? Sorry, he gives me flashbacks but my therapist promises that we can eventually get over the PTSD.

Orton: You know its bad when you read the Bills website and hope to see Marrone holding a presser stating that Orton will be named the starter.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                    People like to rag on EJ's accuracy Locker's is a whole lot worse toss in his inability to stay healthy. Now there's a team that definitely needs a new QB. I'm not willing to close the door on EJ yet. DO I think we should have won yesterday? Yes. Do I think EJ has to play better? Yes. How is the best way to do that? I say continue to play EJ and see if he can develop. Benching him now does nothing to help him on the field.
                    I think this is right, but my confidence it will all work out is not real high just now.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

So you're actually not all for developing a QB and giving them time...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                        Not when they clearly shouldn't be on the field. Look at Bridgewater yesterday. Even Bortles. They both looked miles ahead of EJ developmentally.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Both losses were definitely winnable if the QB put the ball where it needed to be just a few more times. No even asking for perfection, just no more missing open receivers EVERY SINGLE DRIVE!

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

Not sure the running game is playoff caliber

Comment

• Cleve
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                              Well, we also have to see some sign of improvement. Manuel has been in the NFL over a year now, and if there has been improvement, I couldn't see it.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

Working...
                              X