PDA

View Full Version : This is NOT a Play-off Team Even With Orton Under Center

SpikedLemonade
09-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Edit -- This is NOT a Play-off team.

I think many of you are so desperate to make the play-offs again, that you are convincing yourself that our only problem is QB play.

The rest of this team is not play-off worthy.

If we started Orton in Detroit, the best this team could be with this schedule is 7-9 or 8-8.

More importantly, we would have made a permanent decision on EJ with no good game plan for next year.

Are we really going to go with Orton for this year and next year?

Give EJ the 4 games until the bye week and let's see if we are 2-6 or 3-5.

I don't want this coaching staff just doing enough to get to 8-8 in order to save their jobs for another year.

Buffalogic
09-29-2014, 10:29 AM
You are an idiot.

SpikedLemonade
09-29-2014, 10:34 AM
You are an idiot.

Thank you.

Now I know I am right.

coastal
09-29-2014, 10:35 AM
You are an idiot.
Highly productive.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-29-2014, 10:36 AM
Excluding the QB, who are the six teams better than us? Cincy and Denver are obvious, but after that it gets really murky.

The Jokeman
09-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Excluding the QB, who are the six teams better than us? Cincy and Denver are obvious, but after that it gets really murky.

Welcome to NFL parity. The Bills might have moved themselves from a bottom 10 NFL team to a mid 10-20 team which I guess is a step in the right direction.

Generalissimus Gibby

I think many of you are so desperate to make the play-offs again, that you are convincing yourself that our only problem is QB play.

If we started Orton in Detroit, the best this team could be with this schedule is 7-9 or 8-8.

More importantly, we would have made a permanent decision on EJ with no good game plan for next year.

I don't want this coaching staff just doing enough to get to 8-8 in order to save their jobs for another year.

Nope, give EJ until week 6 if he can't get out of this slump. A month long slump is bad enough and his litmus test will be how he plays against what looks like a very vulnerable Pats team.

SpikedLemonade

Look at the schedule we face over the next 4 games.

At Detroit -- loss

Patriots -- loss

Vikings -- look different with Bridgewater -- coin flip

At NYJ -- coin flip

I would say the Patriots, Ravens, Colts, Texans and Chargers are better than us as well.

Novacane
09-29-2014, 10:43 AM
The NFL is full of flawed teams. This team can compete with those flawed teams if it gets competent QB play. I'd like to at least see if Orton is competent. If he sucks you can put EJ back in.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2014, 10:44 AM
San Diego
Baltimore
Houston
Indy
NE (until proven different)
KC

Bills on par with teams...
Pitts
NJJ
Miami
Oakland
Jags
Cleveland
Tenn

Generalissimus Gibby
09-29-2014, 10:48 AM

At Detroit -- loss

Patriots -- loss

At NYJ -- coin flip

I would say the Patriots, Ravens, Colts, Texans and Chargers are better than us as well.
At Detroit, that's a coin flip too. Sure they beat Green Bay, but Green Bay is awful this year. With the Pats, yeah that's a sure loss, even though they don't look as hot as they have in years past, father time may finally be catching up with Marsha, Vikings, they are not doing so hot, and we should win that one, at Jets, Geno and EJ are on the same sheet. Really, if EJ doesn't get us wins against Detroit and Minnesota -I do give him a fair pass v. the Pats because I never really expect us to beat the cheaties any more than I expect the Spanish Inquisition - then we gotta end that experiment immediately.

yordad
09-29-2014, 11:19 AM
San Diego
Baltimore
Houston
Indy
KC

Pitts
NJJ
Miami
Oakland
Jags
Cleveland
Tenn

Houston is not more talented. No Way. We win that game on the road by 20+ with an even average QB.
Baltimore, Indy, and NE? Let me ask you... if we have a standout QB, do we beat those teams? I think we do more times than not.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-29-2014, 11:32 AM

At Detroit -- loss

Patriots -- loss

At NYJ -- coin flip

Outside of their QBs, which is what I said, the Colts, and Texans are not better than us. What part of the Colts scares you outside of Andrew Luck? Is it Trent Richardson (lol)? Is it their defense, without its only two elite players from last year?

The Texans? We outplayed them in their own building and had the game-winning points literally handed to them by Manuel.

This is a playoff team if we had even league-average quarterbacking.

San Diego
Baltimore
Houston
Indy
KC

Pitts
NJJ
Miami
Oakland
Jags
Cleveland

KC is already down their best defender from last year and Charles is pla ying hurt.

This is the weakest AFC in years.

HAMMER
09-29-2014, 12:08 PM
[/QUOTE]Houston is not more talented. No Way. We win that game on the road by 20+ with an even average QB.[QUOTE]

Gimme a break man, I can only imagine how bad it would have been yesterday if Clowney had played. Fitz is far better than Manuel, the Texans D is better than the Bills. Foster is the best RB on either roster. Johnson is the best receiver of the lot.

You must be huffing glue again.

casdhf
09-29-2014, 12:38 PM
If we had a QB that could complete a 15-yard pass, we would be 3-1 with a good shot at 4-0. Granted, EJ has made some plays that maybe a guy like Orton cannot, but those are few and far between.

JohnnyGold
09-29-2014, 12:45 PM

New England
Baltimore
Indy
San Diego
Cincy
Denver

We're not catching any of them with EJ under center.

Our only hope is to bench EJ, start Orton, and try to win the division with an 11-5 record.

I honestly don't know how anyone could be opposed to this move, but for some reason, people think that for the Bills to make the playoffs, we need some sort of magical, fairy tale ride from July-February.

We don't, we need to win 9 or 10 games. Who's leading us to 7-5 from here on out? Orton, or EJ?

coastal
09-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Now we get to see....

SpikedLemonade
09-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Now we get to see....

Yes.

This should bring the homers back to earth.

ESPN just said this means you permanently have lost EJ.

When Orton is not the saviour, this should mean a complete house sweep at the end of this season.

YardRat
09-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Edited the thread title.

SpikedLemonade
09-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Edited the thread title.

Thank you sir!

Night Train
09-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Makes the season far more interesting.

Yesterday was butt ugly.

Novacane
09-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Now we get to see how smart spike is

SpikedLemonade
09-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Makes the season far more interesting.

I agree with this.

Jry44
09-29-2014, 10:32 PM
This **** show called the AFC East this year makes every single team in the division a possible playoff team.

My feeling right now is that either the Jets or Bills win it by default. They are the exact same team I feel at this stage and are a QB away from taking a step. I think 8-8 could win it this year. And as crazy as it sounds, the Patriots just might be the worst team in the division right now by an edge. It's going to be a VERY interesting season.....

imbondz
09-29-2014, 10:43 PM
It does make the season more interesting but possibly only for a week. and it's reallllllly sad that Kyle Orton starting is what makes the season more interesting. That's how far down we are.

Parity is so bad now (or good however you want to look at it), that we seriously could win the division with an 8-8 record. However, I don't think Miami is as bad as they seem. They could sneak past. And of course NE could still finish 11-5.

snow1989
09-29-2014, 10:57 PM
I don't see any "powerhouse" team in the AFC east....Patriots got spanked on monday night, the jets are starting to have their own qb issues and miami seems to be a sibling of Cybil --never know whose showing up on any given week. EJ has just not progressed enough. While Orton may not be the savior. he does have experience, has had a couple years off and just might be able to complete more than a check-down pass. Let's face it....buffalo stretched again drafting EJ first round....he is not first round talent. More like a 3rd. Time to give him a clipboard....9-7, 10-6 just might be enough for the division.

kingJofNYC
09-30-2014, 12:35 AM
AFC East is trash, but the L on Sunday hurt us big time. I kind of agree with Spiked, mostly because we have an awful interior OL, both G and C have played like complete trash, and we have injuries to the LB core and we are razor thin at DT. If we had Pettine as DC and capable performances under center I could see us sneaking in, but as currently constructed, don't think we get in.

One thing that's improved year over year, ST. Looks like we got a capable punter.

Skooby
09-30-2014, 02:29 AM

They asked Doug this question & he said the opposite, so he called you a liar.