Did we draft EJ because of reverse racism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CommissarSpartacus
    • Mar 2003

Did we draft EJ because of reverse racism?

Now that EJ seems to be turning into the black JP Losman losing his job to Kelly Holcomb II, I have to wonder why the Bills would draft the guy in the first place, as he doesn't seem to do anything (pass, run, think) particularly well.

And since I've seen the Bills draft qbs for less than stellar reasons (Losman was the white Michael Vick, Trent couldn't be a loser cuz his college team sucked), I've always had the suspicion that EJ was drafted BECAUSE he was black, and black qbs were the flavor of the month at the end of 2012 - RG3, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton were supposed to be the future of qbing.

So, I think the Bills braintrust decided they wanted some of that action and drafted EJ, hoping he could be the next runnin' and gunnin' black qb.

The problem is, if EJ was white with everything else being equal, he wouldn't have been drafted NEARLY as high as he was, cuz they assume the upside is greater as a black man is more "athletic" than a white man....

What do you think?

Do you think we'd be sitting in this situation this year if EJ was a white man?
    My tebya razdavim
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: Did we draft EJ because of reverse racism?

I don't know Whaley's rationale for sure but all the white guys had knocks on them while EJ was supposed to be Mr. Franchise. Mentally he's as fragile as Kordell Stewart.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Then why was he drafted over Geno Smith?

He was the guy they liked most out of that weak QB class and Nix pigeonholed himself into "must get franchise QB."

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
        Then why was he drafted over Geno Smith?
        Cuz it appears Manuel despite his shortcomings might have been the best QB in his draft class. Sure he was a reach at 16 but hey we got also got Kiko out of the deal with the Rams.

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          Now that EJ seems to be turning into the black JP Losman losing his job to Kelly Holcomb II, I have to wonder why the Bills would draft the guy in the first place, as he doesn't seem to do anything (pass, run, think) particularly well.

And since I've seen the Bills draft qbs for less than stellar reasons (Losman was the white Michael Vick, Trent couldn't be a loser cuz his college team sucked), I've always had the suspicion that EJ was drafted BECAUSE he was black, and black qbs were the flavor of the month at the end of 2012 - RG3, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton were supposed to be the future of qbing.

So, I think the Bills braintrust decided they wanted some of that action and drafted EJ, hoping he could be the next runnin' and gunnin' black qb.

The problem is, if EJ was white with everything else being equal, he wouldn't have been drafted NEARLY as high as he was, cuz they assume the upside is greater as a black man is more "athletic" than a white man....

What do you think?

No that draft sucked, and EJ is a cool guy, probably a great interviewer, outward appearance is a solid candidate. Too bad he's not that great of a QB.
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

ej has the right size and shows leadership qualities in his presentation. he fit the parcells model of what you are looking for. i can see with the class he was in on how he could be intriguing. the things that weren't great about him, you hoped you could coach him and he'd be willing to learn. he isn't a geno smith, vacant in the eyes guy.

and he seemed to be mobile in the sense that he didn't want to take off running,but he wanted to move in the pocket to buy time. all good things to have.

he was drafted because it was a bad qb class. not because of reverse racism.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

You're reaching spart

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

dang shiva youre giving social gadflying a bad name

as the king of race issues, i honestly dont think race played any part at all in this

i assume youre just stirring the pot, so thats cool. i just dont want this nonsense to be associated with the real issues that need to be addressed
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

i mean, ive always said you were the liberal rush limbaugh. this is your donovan mcnabb moment. lol
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• JoeMama
                    Emotion Sickness
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                    dang shiva youre giving social gadflying a bad name

as the king of race issues, i honestly dont think race played any part at all in this

i assume youre just stirring the pot, so thats cool. i just dont want this nonsense to be associated with the real issues that need to be addressed
                    Dear resident blackologist,

I've always wondered, is it true that black people are bad tippers?

Thanks,

Joey
                    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

To borrow from Dude...

Thanks Obama!
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post

What do you think?

******ed. As far as I remember, Andrew Luck isn't black.
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• Strongman
                          • Apr 2006

I think they liked his athleticism and how he interviewed. Athletically, EJ is similar to Cam Newton. It's just too bad he doesn't play football like him.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Stupid thread.

Glad I wasn't disappointed by the white Al Sharpton, a.k.a. Meathead, in here either. "King of race issues" LOL. Moron.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

EJ was over-drafted because it was a weak QB class and we were desperate for one. Race had nothing to do with it.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X